Brisbane Broncos Draw 2021

Wow we were a struggling bunch at 15/9...tsk tsk tsk, god help BHQ. Sometimes I think @broncsgoat is the only sane one here šŸ˜†
So you watched some of those wins and thought they were on track to win the premiership?

It's almost like you can win games and still play badly, setting yourself up to get exposed in the big games.

So you watched some of those wins and thought they were on track to win the premiership?

It's almost like you can win games and still play badly, setting yourself up to get exposed in the big games.

We we competitive enough to get there. Perched at 6th on the eve of the finals, a few footy analysts had us as the dark horse to take out the comp (hell even Tallis said we were going to go all the way even though he supposedly hated Wayne).

You should know by now, even the regular win/loss performance counts for nothing in the finals. Win some, loss some... credit to the Dragons that day.

Last edited:
Not going to lie coming up against you twice in the first 8 rounds is about the best the Titans could hope for. Should* take at least a bit of time for Kev to work any magic. Would be easier than late season anyway.
Iā€™ll be looking for you in the comment section when we pump ya! šŸ˜‰

While appreciate the effort he went to, fact remains we were one win from the top of the ladder and were as good if not better than the majority of the top 4 sides that season which doesnt really indicate a side that was struggling.
By that same logic we were as bad as if not worse than the bottom 8 teams, because we lost to a whole bunch of them.

And by "one win from the top" you mean equal first, AKA 4th, while we were only for-and-against (or one loss) away from being 8th.

Wow we were a struggling bunch at 15/9...tsk tsk tsk, god help BHQ. Sometimes I think @broncsgoat is the only sane one here šŸ˜†

so your definition of a successful season, is just making up the numbers in the 8 ... good to know your bar isn't set too high

Whitey and the board, with their new age coach got us to 3 solitary wins...for you I guess there is no bar, as long as we keep making a profit aye

Whitey and the board, with their new age coach got us to 3 solitary wins...for you I guess there is no bar, as long as we keep making a profit aye

not true at all ...

They tried something different, to try and take us to the next level instead of just making up the numbers ... it didn't work, so they axed that guy and have moved to a new path.

I want more than this club to be just making up the numbers come finals time. I want us to be in the hunt for the title, year after year.

this club is bigger than one man. even if that one man USED TO be one of the best coaches in the game. it is a real shame that a man that has tapped so many people on the shoulders, couldn't see when his time was up.

not true at all ...

They tried something different, to try and take us to the next level instead of just making up the numbers ... it didn't work, so they axed that guy and have moved to a new path.

I want more than this club to be just making up the numbers come finals time. I want us to be in the hunt for the title, year after year.

this club is bigger than one man. even if that one man USED TO be one of the best coaches in the game. it is a real shame that a man that has tapped so many people on the shoulders, couldn't see when his time was up.
I agree mate...but effin hell our worst nightmare came true cause of that and now we're a basket case which you can also agree.
Making the numbers with a slim shot of going all the way is a x1000 times better than the SPOON šŸ„„

not true at all ...

I donā€™t know, Wayne looked pretty good in his second season at southā€™s and his return to the origin arena,

Last edited:
I agree mate...but effin hell our worst nightmare came true cause of that and now we're a basket case which you can also agree.
Making the numbers with a slim shot of going all the way is a x1000 times better than the SPOON šŸ„„

but shouldn't settle for that ... time to pick up the pieces of the FAILURE, that was the Seibold era and move forward.

I maintain we will be much better than people expect in 2021.

I donā€™t know, Wayne looked pretty good in his second season at southā€™s and his return to the origin arena,

I don't compare coaching club with coaching Origin. Mal is a testament to that.

and Bennett hasn't been able to go any better than Seibold at Souths (remember Souths lost to the bottom 2 teams in 2020)

I'm going to take a stab and say that we aren't the club the NRL have nominated for the 'fairytale' next year.
It's crazy hey, always an agenda by the NRL. Still blows my mind that the sharks got done for breaching the cap in 15 and 17, but not 16 when they won their maiden premiership.

We we competitive enough to get there. Perched at 6th on the eve of the finals, a few footy analysts had us as the dark horse to take out the comp (hell even Tallis said we were going to go all the way even though he supposedly hated Wayne).

You should know by now, even the regular win/loss performance counts for nothing in the finals. Win some, loss some... credit to the Dragons that day.
A "few footy analysts" tip Melbourne to miss the 8 every pre-season and then wind up having egg on their face. Their opinions mean relatively little and it's usually just an excuse to provide 'entertainment'.

As to your last point, you'd be surprised. A lot of teams can fake their way into the finals picking up opportunistic wins, riding their luck only to get embarrassed come the finals.

Regardless, this all started because I pointed out 2018 was considered a nice draw for the Broncos. Yet, the Broncos went backwards that year and ultimately did well just to get where they did. Only a few of their wins came easy and they had some shocking losses along the way.

If we can hold it together with a 10-12 points in the first half at 50% win rate early on, the back end isnt too bad. The knights, Sharks, Warriors and Cowboys will be flat. Theres potentially 12-14 points in the back end there. Thats just enough to scrape in the 8.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • Tmac
  • Hurrijo
  • lynx000
  • Foordy
  • Swordfish
  • Stix
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • KateBroncos1812
  • FACTHUNT
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • TimWhatley
  • cento
  • Browny
  • DrGee
  • BroncoFan94
  • Mick_Hancock
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.