Brisbane Broncos Draw 2021

The stupidity of the NRL is staggering from a business sense though. It's not the teams Brisbane play that get the Broncos the tv ratings. The Broncos playing the bulldogs would outrate 80% of other teams games if they are going decent.
I love what you have said here, and this is the point of all the people say in ng "stop making it a conspiracy theory". This is something the NRL have total control over that can have a MASSIVE effect in a season.

The NRL tells clubs how much it can spend on players, how much it can spend on support staff, which teams you play more and less of, changes rules mid and every season, changes interpretations of rules mid season and often mid bloody game, has a judiciary that only has representatives from one state, and has stronger links to the media then any other competition in the world. But hey, I'm sure it's all above board guys. Peter vlandys seems like a genuine type of bloke who wouldnt do any back room dealings.... yep...
This isn’t the place for this discussion but you’ve re inflamed my absolute hatred to the STAFF CAPPING! I mean wtf? Team salary cap ok fair it’s done around the world but to tell a club how much they can spend on staff is a fucking joke. Just another rule that seemed to be put in place because of “broncos”.

end rant

This isn’t the place for this discussion but you’ve re inflamed my absolute hatred to the STAFF CAPPING! I mean wtf? Team salary cap ok fair it’s done around the world but to tell a club how much they can spend on staff is a fucking joke. Just another rule that seemed to be put in place because of “broncos”.

end rant
I also think non-safety related rule changes should only be allowed to occur in off seasons. That should be obvious.

Dunno about that, surely the Titans have had more than one local junior come through their ranks.
They bring players through, but Gold Coast doesn't give a shit about sport.

If they're successful they'll have some bandwagon fans come through (just like 2010 or whenever it was they last made the finals), but if they fall in a heap they'll be back with bowl in hand asking the NRL for handouts

That's what I mean though, by bringing up a few local juniors and also by not ruining several years of the comp with massive cheating they're already doing infinitely more than the Storm. **** I hate those purple cheats.
Well I did say gold coast would provide zero for the game whereas storm have made it much worse... so they are tracking at less than zero.

I get the sense from the guy this isn’t true.
The AFL can do it (a national comp) reasonably well it seems, probably very well even. Not like we are asking the NRL to do something that has never been done before.

On topic..... I like the idea of the toughest draw. This is WONDERFUL!

No excuses now and how good a winning start to the season will be :)

Last edited:
+1. Couldn't give two ***** about the draw or the fairness. That's always been loser speak to me. Do you reckon Melbourne sit back and worry about the draw? If you're good enough, the draw is easy.

If we face more top 8 teams, and make it into the 8, that puts us in good stead for the finals, if we just beat shit teams to scrape into the 8, we get bundled 58-0 Seibold style.
Whilst I absolutely and unequivocally agree with the ‘winners win, losers make excuses’ mantra, I do also think repeated tough draws can make it so ridiculously and prohibitively difficult for certain teams to win.

It’s like the Stawell Gift. Even if someone is systematically faster than everyone else, if you hinder them by way of a big enough handicap, it is literally impossible for them to win (sans a Bradbury moment of course).

There has to be a point where, with respect to the draw at least, the notion that constant handicaps placed on some teams, whilst others seemingly get the path of least resistance time and time again, is not pure conspiracy and does actually hold water.

Whilst I absolutely and unequivocally agree with the ‘winners win, losers make excuses’ mantra, I do also think repeated tough draws can make it so ridiculously and prohibitively difficult for certain teams to win.

It’s like the Stawell Gift. Even if someone is systematically faster than everyone else, if you hinder them by way of a big enough handicap, it is literally impossible for them to win (sans a Bradbury moment of course).

There has to be a point where, with respect to the draw at least, the notion that constant handicaps placed on some teams, whilst others seemingly get the path of least resistance time and time again, is not pure conspiracy and does actually hold water.

Welp, the Broncos just gonna have to Cathy Freeman TF out of the comp.

Imagine your clubs history being that poor that you come 9th and suddenly you think you can lock in wins for the next season due to your new dominanation levels haha.
Nothing in my quote says I've locked them in, just history suggests a win then is more likely early rather than later in the season given Kev has to turn around the team? Hence the language like should* and best they could hope for.

But at the time I had no knowledge of the extensive NRL conspiracy giving the Titans a leg-up so naturally of course we will win and I'm buying GF tickets *eyeroll*. Would happily argue the Storm comparisons and the bandwagon fans stuff but I'd be the one blamed for derailing.

Nothing in my quote says I've locked them in, just history suggests a win then is more likely early rather than later in the season given Kev has to turn around the team? Hence the language like should* and best they could hope for.

But at the time I had no knowledge of the extensive NRL conspiracy giving the Titans a leg-up so naturally of course we will win and I'm buying GF tickets *eyeroll*. Would happily argue the Storm comparisons and the bandwagon fans stuff but I'd be the one blamed for derailing.
Given the overall 2020 form of both teams, how each team finished the season and the subsequent roster movements and injuries; as a Broncos fan I concede you’re more likely to beat us in both games in ‘21 than ever before.

Obviously, there are more parameters to consider than that, but if I’m fair and impartial, I have to acknowledge the Titans appear on the up, whilst us Broncos have it all to do.

Given the overall 2020 form of both teams, how each team finished the season and the subsequent roster movements and injuries; as a Broncos fan I concede you’re more likely to beat us in both games in ‘21 than ever before.

Obviously, there are more parameters to consider than that, but if I’m fair and impartial, I have to acknowledge the Titans appear on the up, whilst us Broncos have it all to do.

I don't see how anyone could take issue with @The Don not being confident of two wins at present. As it stands, our side has lost the one player coming in who could have made a difference if fit, has made no roster movements whatsoever and look to be losing another forward or two. The Titans on the other hand have two of the best young forwards in the comp coming in, a settled coaching staff and a team that finished last season really well. I mean, I feel confident that as it stands, the Titans will have two comfortable victories as well. Unless things change, they really should.

Stop making fucking excuses and conspiracy theories.

Good teams win, shit teams lose.

BE BETTER.

Wasn’t what my point was. More the nrl will want the Gold Coast to be a successful nrl city and put marketing efforts into them like they have with the storm.

The titans still need to win games at the end of the day but the nrl want them to succeed

Wasn’t what my point was. More the nrl will want the Gold Coast to be a successful nrl city and put marketing efforts into them like they have with the storm.

The titans still need to win games at the end of the day but the nrl want them to succeed

According to NRL.com, The gold Coast have the second easiest draw outside of Newcastle.

The AFL can do it (a national comp) reasonably well it seems, probably very well even. Not like we are asking the NRL to do something that has never been done before.

On topic..... I like the idea of the toughest draw. This is WONDERFUL!

No excuses now and how good a winning start to the season will be :)

Isn't that just the opposite? Having a tough draw will provide excuses to those that want them?

A "few footy analysts" tip Melbourne to miss the 8 every pre-season and then wind up having egg on their face. Their opinions mean relatively little and it's usually just an excuse to provide 'entertainment'.

As to your last point, you'd be surprised. A lot of teams can fake their way into the finals picking up opportunistic wins, riding their luck only to get embarrassed come the finals.

Regardless, this all started because I pointed out 2018 was considered a nice draw for the Broncos. Yet, the Broncos went backwards that year and ultimately did well just to get where they did. Only a few of their wins came easy and they had some shocking losses along the way.
We beat the roosters, sharks and rabbits all twice each - whether or not they came easily or not doesn't really matter.

I'm sure you could go through and dissect all the other top 8 teams losses that year as scathingly as you did to ours, after all, all the top 8 sides either had 8 or 9 losses so I guess they were all struggling.

Last edited:

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosarethebest
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BruiserMk1
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.