Brisbane Broncos Draw 2021

I get the feeling the titans will be the new storm in the sense that the nrl will do anything possible to make them successful

That narrative was set in stone once they pinched Fifita off us.

It wasn’t until the Titans somehow got one over big brother by stealing one of their young marquee forwards that the media and general public actually gave 2 ***** about the Titans.

Where was this same push and wave of support when the Titans were struggling for years and were on life support? Didn’t hear shit. They were thrown in the too hard basket.

It’s like it took them stealing Fifita for everyone to jump on their bandwagon and start pushing for them to have success because it might come at our expense. I hope these same cretins stick with them when the hard times roll around again. **** those people.

"We had record bad tv ratings Lord Peter, what should we do?"

Peter "the forward thinker" vlandys: "i Know! We will give our highest rating team the hardest draw to make it as hard as possible for them! That'll fix it! As a bonus, we will do everything we can to help our poorest rating team! I am a genius I tell ya"

"We had record bad tv ratings Lord Peter, what should we do?"

Peter "the forward thinker" vlandys: "i Know! We will give our highest rating team the hardest draw to make it as hard as possible for them! That'll fix it! As a bonus, we will do everything we can to help our poorest rating team! I am a genius I tell ya"

Broncos need to pull themselves up by the bootstraps.

The Titans will be what they always have been, sadly, which is a basket case just waiting to collapse. Saying that as a supporter who watched Ben Ikin play on the Tweed.

The coast is still this weird place without a backbone for sporting teams.

The Sunshine Coast Storm will continue to be the third QLD team and the second team for a gaggle of Victorians who watch when the AFL isn't clashing. I mean what a joke they are on the NRL, and one football regret CS9 will always have (assuming salary cap cheating is of no consequence) is that he never got to represent the mighty Broncos!

The host of NSWRL teams will continue on into obsolence whilst the NRL (Yes that is a N in NRL) dithers with expansion. Teams like the Broncs and Storm and Cowboys have let them fiddle while Rome burns. More people watch AFL in Brisbane than ever before.. I mean we are talking AFL here and not soccer.

one football regret CS9 will always have (assuming salary cap cheating is of no consequence) is that he never got to represent the mighty Broncos!

I get the sense from the guy this isn’t true.

We could just get good instead of incessantly whining about the draw every single fucking year.
lNUh0uV.gif

+1. Couldn't give two ***** about the draw or the fairness. That's always been loser speak to me. Do you reckon Melbourne sit back and worry about the draw? If you're good enough, the draw is easy.

If we face more top 8 teams, and make it into the 8, that puts us in good stead for the finals, if we just beat shit teams to scrape into the 8, we get bundled 58-0 Seibold style.

Last edited:
There use to be a seeding system for draws where if you finished on an odd number ranking, you’d play the other 7 odd number rankings from the previous season twice. Then the remaining double game would usually be a high drawing game or a local derby.

If that was in place in 2021, that means the 16th placed Broncos would be playing all the teams that finished on an even number ranking twice.

That would mean we would be playing the following teams twice under this rule:

Storm (2nd)
Roosters (4th)
Souths (6th)
Sharks (8th)
Warriors (10th)
St George (12th)
Cowboys (14th)
Titans (9th) as a Local Derby
Sea Eagles (13th) as a possible grudge match

However this is what we got:

Panthers (1st)
Storm (2nd)
Eels (3rd)
Roosters (4th)
South (6th)
Knights (7th)
Sharks (8th)
Titans (9th)
Cowboys (14th) *Which we would have drawn twice regardless due to local derby*

Not to mention the one top 8 team we didn’t draw twice was Canberra and the one time we play them is played at... you guessed it... Canberra in winter. We also only get St George once away from home despite being a higher drawing game for us and it’s played during an Origin affected week. The few positives is we don’t have to play Eels at Bankwest as we are in Darwin for our away game against Parra, we don’t have to go to New Zealand and we don’t have to play at Leichhardt again. Also don’t have to play at Brookvale.

It’s easy enough to say don’t whinge we should just be better and just win, which is fair enough but in our current state with that fixture list l, it means we have potentially another really dreadful season results wise coming up and ratings will fall even lower.

I find it fucking ironic too that in the early 2010’s when the Roosters were a mid table team, we only ever got to draw them once for many season in a row as I remember Brisbane based Roosters fans (yes they apparently exist) whinging 3 years in a row that they never scheduled Roosters playing Brisbane at Suncorp. Low and behold the Roosters become one of the most dominant teams of the modern era and the NRL can’t wait to schedule us against them twice now on a whim.

However my frustration is balanced out by the fact I actually am happy with the very kind times lots that are conducive for fans to attend. 3 home Sunday afternoon games and also jagged a 3pm Saturday home game to round out the season. Just hope the boys are at least competing enough to get the crowds engaged.

Last edited:
They need to stop calling it a draw. It's a schedule. A draw is when there is some randomness to it. This is scheduled for tv ratings and the Broncos get cucked every year while teams like the Raiders get a free ride.

They need to stop calling it a draw. It's a schedule. A draw is when there is some randomness to it. This is scheduled for tv ratings and the Broncos get cucked every year while teams like the Raiders get a free ride.
The stupidity of the NRL is staggering from a business sense though. It's not the teams Brisbane play that get the Broncos the tv ratings. The Broncos playing the bulldogs would outrate 80% of other teams games if they are going decent.
I love what you have said here, and this is the point of all the people say in ng "stop making it a conspiracy theory". This is something the NRL have total control over that can have a MASSIVE effect in a season.

The NRL tells clubs how much it can spend on players, how much it can spend on support staff, which teams you play more and less of, changes rules mid and every season, changes interpretations of rules mid season and often mid bloody game, has a judiciary that only has representatives from one state, and has stronger links to the media then any other competition in the world. But hey, I'm sure it's all above board guys. Peter vlandys seems like a genuine type of bloke who wouldnt do any back room dealings.... yep...

Last edited:
Not going to lie coming up against you twice in the first 8 rounds is about the best the Titans could hope for. Should* take at least a bit of time for Kev to work any magic. Would be easier than late season anyway.
Imagine your clubs history being that poor that you come 9th and suddenly you think you can lock in wins for the next season due to your new dominanation levels haha.

Tough draw. I can see us only getting 1-3 wins from the first 10 weeks.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.