Brisbane Broncos Jersey Reveal

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The Broncos Twitter account has been hyping the bejesus out of this so to safe they're treating this as one big publicity stunt.

Word going around is that they'll use the event to announce the signing of Darius Boyd.

There also seems plenty of speculation about the announcement of another signing. Wishful thinking? Or are the Broncos about to add another big bopper to their team list?

We'll find out at 11am.

The Broncos Twitter account has been hyping the bejesus out of this so to safe they're treating this as one big publicity stunt.

Word going around is that they'll use the event to announce the signing of Darius Boyd.

There also seems plenty of speculation about the announcement of another signing. Wishful thinking? Or are the Broncos about to add another big bopper to their team list?

We'll find out at 11am.

I've pre ordered the jersey, hope its half decent.

Not only will they announce the signing of Boyd, but he will be modelling the new jersey.

From what I've seen of it so far, it looks nothing like the U20's jersey which is good because they are terrible. Although, I haven't seen the whole thing so I couldn't say for sure. Hopefully, it's not.

I'm not expecting much, though. Our jerseys have been mediocre for a long time now..

Last edited:
I wouldn't hold my breath for another signing, Darius will certainly be announced though.

The Broncos have misunderstood the majority of their fan base. Parading Boyd around like people actually like him.

The Broncos have misunderstood the majority of their fan base. Parading Boyd around like people actually like him.

I wouldn't say the majority.. there's quite a few who are on the "Omg why do we need Boyd we have Barba and Hoffman, future immortals!".. but I feel like it'd be quite a lot less than 50% of the fan base.

Hope Milf is in the jersey, would love to see him in one.

I wouldn't say the majority.. there's quite a few who are on the "Omg why do we need Boyd we have Barba and Hoffman, future immortals!".. but I feel like it'd be quite a lot less than 50% of the fan base.
If social media or BHQ is anything to go by, it would be a lot more. Not that it means much...

I'll actually be quite curious as to whether Boyd does model the jersey. Talking to the media in more than two syllables is generally a burden for him, so if he's actually willing to be the Bronco it might well indicate a different Boyd that's coming back to the Broncos.

No Boyd tomorrow I am told, sorry won't be a Mundine controversy. Signing yes but appearance in new jumper no. On the new jumper I've got nothing- I only know one person who has seen it and he likes it.

Young Broncos players like Anthony Milford must prove their worth, says Gene Miles

• Chris Garry
  • The Courier-Mail
  • November 04, 2014 11:00PM

BRISBANE legend and former captain Gene Miles says it is time a young Bronco stands up and demands to be considered captaincy material.

The Broncos officially begin pre-season training this morning with all players, except the Four Nations contingent, slogging away at Purtell Park.

Today is also the first time star recruit Anthony Milford will wear Broncos colours after his Canberra Raiders contract kept him donning the maroon and gold until this week.

Milford’s 18-month contract saga is finally behind him and he has also been told he doesn’t need surgery on a nagging ankle injury that ruled him out of the Samoan team.

“My body was wrecked by the end of the season, it was a sigh of relief the year was over,” Milford said.

“I was keen to play the Four Nations but it was important to take time off to get the body right.

“My ankle is a bit sore but ice and rehab will fix it. I won’t need an operation which is good.

“Wayne (Bennett) told me to relax and to be home with my family. He said when pre-season comes, be ready to knuckle down.”

The Broncos also launch their new jersey this morning but Wayne Bennett said he would wait until a significant portion of the pre-season was completed before announcing the club’s new captain.

Miles backed Bennett’s decision to axe the co-captaincy program and said while one of Corey Parker, Justin Hodges or Sam Thaiday would be an excellent captain in the short term, a young Bronco needed to stand up as a long-term captain.

“I’m not sure who it will be but both captains are in the twilights of their careers so if he is looking for a long termer he might get one from left field,” Miles said.

“I don’t think there’s a standout but with Sam, Justin and Corey they have it covered.

“It is up to one of these young guys to prove to the coach he can captain the club through the next five years.

“The first year he might go with one of those guys and then look towards the future and transition someone to that position, which is a pretty special one.”

The obvious options for a young leader to be up-skilled for captaincy are Ben Hunt and Josh McGuire.

Outside of Darius Boyd, whose contract has not been signed off on, the Broncos still have one more top-25 position to fill.

Matthew Johns recently said on radio the Broncos were his dark horses for the premiership and this season is the first since Darren Lockyer retired that Brisbane fans have expectations of a top-four finish.

“It’s one of the hardest clubs to play at because everyone is watching you. They expect a lot from you and that’s the beauty of it,” Milford said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-says-gene-miles/story-fnp0lyn6-1227112576031

So the signing will be announced tomorrow, but he won't be paraded around in the jersey or anything? [MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION]

I'm hoping the jersey is more maroon rather than yellow. I'd like it to be similar to the older jersey designs, as in maroon with the thin yellow border, rather than the yellow diagonal strip thing going across the should/chest area. But it'll be interesting to see the new jersey. Can't wait for preseason to start.

Last edited:
this would do ....
brisbane_broncos_1992_retro_jersey.jpg

At least we know that whatever jersey we have, it probably won't be the worst in the competition. Have a look at some of the other teams. Melbourne's jersey looks like a training shirt.

I would like something similar to the 2007 jersey worn below:

broncos-and-jerseys-5386381.jpg

Or maybe the one below of the 2004 jersey:

2004%20telegraph%20card0008.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll actually be quite curious as to whether Boyd does model the jersey. Talking to the media in more than two syllables is generally a burden for him, so if he's actually willing to be the Bronco it might well indicate a different Boyd that's coming back to the Broncos.

Since coming out and talking about his depression he has done plenty with the media.

Since coming out and talking about his depression he has done plenty with the media.

I know I didn't prefer Boyd at the Broncos, but now that he's here I have to accept him. Nothing personal against Boyd, in fact I like him, I just felt he wasn't needed. Nonetheless I'm going to be cheering him on now. I'd actually prefer Boyd model the jersey though and talk to the media. It would be a fresh start and he can set himself a new image where people, not only Broncos fans, but fans of the other clubs can remember him in a new way instead of his past image. It would be good for fans to see a different side of Boyd and I think people could grow on him.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Totally Unr3al
  • bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • winslow_wong
  • The Don
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.