Brisbane Broncos join the hunt for Greg Bird

m1c said:
if we don't sign an established front rower i will be pissed off to the high heavens.

Yeah because establishing your own is so 1995.

Lets not sign someone from another club and lets give the young guys a shot. They have the talent we just gotta give them the time.

Foordy said:
Scotty said:
If we don't have some big named players in 2011 I will be pissed off to the high heavens.

So are you saying that; Thaiday, Folau, Hodges, Wallace and Parker aren't big names.

Nah they're shit.

Idiot.

I'll rephrase since I didn't make myself clear enough. If we haven't signed another big named player or two by 2011 after all the money that has surely been freed up under our salary cap, then I'll be pissed off to the high heavens.

lol you don't have to do much for someone to point out your apparent lack of knowledge for the game, must add plenty of inches to the epenis.

It's not as simple as that though IMO. I'd be equally as happy, if not more, to see that money used to secure the futures of Glenn, McCullough, Winterstein, Yow Yeh and McGuire. With the props market the way it is at the moment with clubs paying overs to pretty much any front rower showing any sign of potential, it would just be a risky gamble.

I Agree.

Glenn, McCullough, Winterstein, Yow Yeh and McGuire all mean lot more to me then 1 or 2 Props.

draggx said:
m1c said:
if we don't sign an established front rower i will be pissed off to the high heavens.

Yeah because establishing your own is so 1995.

Lets not sign someone from another club and lets give the young guys a shot. They have the talent we just gotta give them the time.

and get our arses handed to us in the process? Yes we have some young blokes with potential, but that's all. Potential doesn't let you match it with the best, potential doesn't enable you to play well week in week out for 24+ weeks. IMO we are in dire need of a leader/mentor or even just an old hard head in the pack. Something to complement our young guys.

What i believe we need is just guys like Setu,Teo,Sims,Parker,Thaiday to stand up more and be counted. We bring in more fowards from another club and there is nowhere for the young guys to play.

Hey guys - this has started to stray off topic, perhaps move this discussion to the Opinions Thread

Active Now

• thenry
  • theshed
  • BroncosAlways
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Alec
  • lynx000
  • BooKhaki
  • GCBRONCO
  • Waynesaurus
  • johnny plath
  • mrslong
  • Midean
  • Bucking Beads
  • Nerd
  • Justwin
  • Strop
  • The Strapper
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.