Brisbane Broncos join the hunt for Greg Bird

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Yeah he can - contracts aren't really worth a whole lot these days when it comes to either party actually honouring them in full. Look at all the players in recent seasons who have either asked for a release to join another club or been booted by the club mid-season. If Smith wants to play NRL and he isn't getting it with the Broncos and another club offers him a decent contract and basically guaruntees him NRL time then he'll go. Said club will need to pay the Broncos something, but he'll go.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Greg Bird is set to formally sign with Gold Coast Titans as early as Thursday and could even train with the club as early as Monday.

It is believed Bird has agreed to what will be an initial one-year deal with the Titans, with the prospect of a lucrative multi-season extension should he prove himself both on and off the field.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 66,00.html

And Now we relax.. hopefully

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Who knows, if he does well next season and doesn't get into any trouble, we might come back with an offer.

I don't want to see it happen, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
THE Brisbane Broncos are keen to make a late play to sign former Cronulla star Greg Bird.

Bird, who met with Gold Coast chief executive Michael Searle on Thursday, is considering an offer from the Titans.

He is expected to decide tomorrow whether to accept or reject a reported $500,000 two-year deal from French-based Super League club Les Catalans.

Brisbane coach Ivan Henjak told AAP today he'd love to speak to Bird about offering him the chance to play for the Broncos in 2010.

However a frustrated Henjak said his efforts to put an offer to Bird had been met with a "not interested" response from his Sydney-based manager, Chris Orr.

"I'd like to talk to Greg Bird," said Henjak who revealed his agent had put up a brick wall to the approach.

"I'm not sure why, but when we contacted him (Orr) he said he was not interested.

"I'd really love to talk with Greg and get his opinion."

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/spor ... 09,00.html

Apparently Henjak still wants Bird, but his manager wont talk to him (which I'm personally happy about). I hope him and his manager continue to refuse to talk to us, i don't want him at the club.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
wow Brisbane isnt good enough for a player from the Sharks...

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
draggx said:
wow Brisbane isnt good enough for a player from the Sharks...

The problem must be he doesn't like successful clubs [icon_razz1

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
He proberly wants to be "The player who brings a club their first premiership"

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Henjak needs to pull his head out of his arse and listen to the fans who pay his wages. We don't WANT Bird.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
And i think most of us wanted Clinton...

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I went to the missus' work X-mas party at the Broncos Leagues Club last night.

Afterwards we went upstairs for a drink and i walked along the corridor with pics of all the players who have played for our great club.

I could never imagine Bird would have his picture amongst them.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
I seriously just lost a whole lotta respect for Henjak if he so much wants Bird at the Broncos. Even putting aside his off-field dramas, I actually don't think we need him on the field.

And agree Jarro - his pic would just look so wrong hanging in our awesome clubhouse.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
well that sucks, I was hoping we could have a Bird/Wallace halves and let Lockyer Retire while he is still going strong.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Well, seeing as we've released Clinton, we must have a fair bit of cash to play around with for 2011.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
If we don't have some big named players in 2011 I will be pissed off to the high heavens.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
why thou? We have enough big names at the club.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Scotty said:
If we don't have some big named players in 2011 I will be pissed off to the high heavens.

So are you saying that; Thaiday, Folau, Hodges, Wallace and Parker aren't big names.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
if we don't sign an established front rower i will be pissed off to the high heavens.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.