Brisbane Broncos join the hunt for Greg Bird

meh we have given Tim Smith a chance, he can be the risk for 2010.

Well I'll say this - who knows what is for real but if he plays for us it would have to be in the 13 or 12?

Doesn't make sense to me. Perhaps 12 I guess.

ningnangnong said:
nopatience101 said:
some of you blokes have a funny sense of righteousness...

Coxy has always been a very righteous dude.

Gnarly man!

Seriously **** Greg Bird. I don't want him near a Broncos jersey. In fact, I don't want him near the NRL. Let union have the bastard.

You have a funny sense of righteousness Scotty.

We should form a band. Let's call it the Righteous Brothers.

I dont wanna throw this thread off topic but, I'm assuming you didn't have this same indignation when Hunt, Thaiday and Boyd got themselves in a bad spot?

Wrong. I was pretty vocal in my disgust that they were behaving that way, especially during the semis. However, as there were no charges laid and the club dealt with them (IMO lightly, but at least they dealt with it) I could accept that.

Bird was charged, tried and convicted of maliciously wounding his girlfriend with a glass. I can't cop that from anyone, much less a footballer for a team I pay good money to see every year.

they hooked up with a sheila in a dunny something alot of blokes actually do

if alot of blokes do as Bird did then i feel sorry for the female population of Australia

I can vouch for Coxy's attitude towards those three as one who bitched and moaned right along side him.

a potential tim smith/greg bird halves pairing..... AWESOME!

Coxy said:
Wrong. I was pretty vocal in my disgust that they were behaving that way, especially during the semis. However, as there were no charges laid and the club dealt with them (IMO lightly, but at least they dealt with it) I could accept that.

Bird was charged, tried and convicted of maliciously wounding his girlfriend with a glass. I can't cop that from anyone, much less a footballer for a team I pay good money to see every year.
I respect what your saying but it sounds contradictory, saying that you dont have a problem watching thaiday play because he was punished? Greg Bird has been punished much more than those 3 were and his partner has obviously forgiven him, a judge has overturned his conviction.... it sounds like double standards... are you going to stop supporting qld if Inglis is selected?

banging a chick, and glassing a chick are 2 very different things.

nopatience101 said:
Coxy said:

I respect what your saying but it sounds contradictory, saying that you dont have a problem watching thaiday play because he was punished? Greg Bird has been punished much more than those 3 were and his partner has obviously forgiven him, a judge has overturned his conviction.... it sounds like double standards... are you going to stop supporting qld if Inglis is selected?

Thaiday didn't do anything criminal. It was tasteless and getting drunk during the finals series was unprofessional, but he didn't slam a glass in his girlfriend's face.

Big difference.

If Bird played for the Broncos when it happened I would want him sacked immediately. Just as the Sharks did.
Just as the Broncos sacked Lacey and Te Reo for bashing a bloke.

It would seem more like double standards by the Broncos to RECRUIT someone like that, given their stance on bad off field behaviour of its own players in the past.

draggx said:

Exactly. To draw comparisons between the incident involving Boyd, Hunt and Thaiday with what Greg Bird was originally convicted of is idiotic.

I don't condone what said Broncos did last year, I personally found it disgusting, but it's a far cry from the actions of Bird and thats for damn sure.

draggx said:
both incidents were equally wrong and im sure the girls involved would not be making comparisons, but none of us know what happened and have imo no capacity to judge... thats not to say i think there is anything wrong with not wanting bird here because of what may or may not have happened, just when you start to get morally righteous its a hard height to maintain... hate the guy because hes a dirty blue blood....

Agree to disagree. As far as all the reports go the incident was consensual until she realised her friends thought it was gross, and given no charges were laid I guess the police feel that way too.

Same could be said for Matt Johns' incident.

I find it disgusting. I can't think of anything more feral than being in a toilet cubicle with 2 other blokes banging a chick...seems kinda gay to me. But each individual can decide for themselves what is or isn't disgusting.

But there's never, ever, any excuse for violence, especially against a woman, and especially your partner. Ever. Never ever ever. Ever.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Xzei
  • Aldo
  • KickHaas
  • Scdeac
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dexter
  • winslow_wong
  • theshed
  • Rambstien
  • the_next
  • Justwin
  • Robboi_321
  • broncsgoat
  • Lozza
  • Sproj
  • IceWorks
  • heartly87
  • TimWhatley
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.