Brisbane Broncos join the hunt for Greg Bird

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
how did he sound keen? he um and uh'd about it and said "maybe" and "if".

My opinion was that he is keeping his ideas about next yr secret

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
draggx said:

he said 'it comes down to what Joel is doing', 'bird would fit in well with how we play', 'if we go for him it will have to be quick...' 'approval of ceo and board...' etc etc sounded to me to be pretty well thought out... they definitely have been looking at him imo...

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
They'd be stupid as a footy club not to.

In saying that. They'd be stupid as a footy club to do it too.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
if they are looking at bird its at lock not in the halves, Lockyer will be 5/8 you could put your house on it....

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
nopatience101 said:
draggx said:

he said 'it comes down to what Joel is doing', 'bird would fit in well with how we play', 'if we go for him it will have to be quick...' 'approval of ceo and board...' etc etc sounded to me to be pretty well thought out... they definitely have been looking at him imo...

he said it hasnt been discussed but if they did choose to it would have to be quick. Its like this crap with mason and the storm. Finch says he would like him there so its on the news

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
draggx said:
nopatience101 said:
draggx said:

he said it hasnt been discussed but if they did choose to it would have to be quick. Its like this crap with mason and the storm. Finch says he would like him there so its on the news
It wasnt like that imo, he sounded like it had been discussed, to the extent that he said bird would free up Thaiday to play front row.... where theres smoke theres fire, the earlier article linking the broncos to contacting birds mangement now has a lot more credit... Henjak and nolan have at the very least discussed it judging by what Ivan said today...

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Free up Thaiday to play front row??? That's crazy talk. Thaiday is a completely ineffective prop and an outstanding backrower. We don't need Bird and most fans don't want him either.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
i would rather the club hold out and make a play for mateo.... but saying that we need a lock and bird would be a good fit on the field if he gets things together off it... i dont really have a problem with signing him as long as its done right...

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
We need a lock?

Alex Glenn will do, thanks.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
The future of Brisbane are already locked into Brisbane contracts. I personally do not see the need to sign anyone.

Burg

Burg

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
I would be far from happy if the Broncos did sign Bird and many of my reasons have been already said. In saying that there have been players in the past I haven't liked, Plath, O'Neil and Ennis for a start, all grubs as far as I am concerned, but thats just my opinion. The only up side is that it would give the team a bit of mongrel, something we have lacked, but thats the only one I've got.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Hmmm, just got my season ticket in the mail. Would be a shame to have to send it back.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
some of you blokes have a funny sense of righteousness...

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
nopatience101 said:
some of you blokes have a funny sense of righteousness...

Coxy has always been a very righteous dude.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • teampjta
  • Cavalo
  • theshed
  • IceWorks
  • tajhay
  • Financeguy
  • broncs30
  • BruiserMk1
  • thenry
  • OzeMike
  • Maroon4life
  • Jedhead
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.