Brisbane Broncos join the hunt for Greg Bird

Bannermania said:
I just think it would be a shite move for them in any case. Overkill, don't need a player for his postion, simple as that. Regardless of his actions, the broncos do not need anyone for his utility role.

Yes we really need to sign Willie Mason.

Apparently former Wallaby Fatt Dunning isn't doing much these days. If we want more size in our front row, he's got enough for both starting props and the interchage prop.

But Rugby Union players are great athletes...................................................

Don't even mention that name Coxy - I throw up a little every time I think about him.

Here's his most recent player profile photo:
fat_man_image_186262b.jpg

OXY-351 said:
gUt said:
Well I for one would welcome him.

For sure. He could be the next Broncos Wally Lewis
x2.
I don't like him but sports is a business and he's a fking good tough player and atm we don't have anyone who puts fear into the opposition or has any real toughness. He's not my ideal signing but I won't complain if we get him. Everyone makes mistakes they shouldn't be held over them for ever. I'll be happy either way if we sign him or if we dont.

Greg Bird is about as close to Wally Lewis as a festering turd is to a Porsche.

Scotty said:
Greg Bird is about as close to Wally Lewis as a festering turd is to a Porsche.
As a Broncos he would probably be better than Wally Lewis. As a player he's not fit to shine his shoe.
Greg Bird would offer a lot to our team IMO, he's a very aggressive player and that's the sort of player we lack atm. I don't know what his form is like but on a cheap contract he would be excellent. There's no harm in trying I guess if he ***** around at all give him the sack instantly.

P.s I think he's a fucktard of a person but I support the Broncos. IMO Cullen shouldn't consider it but if he went for him it wouldn't be any worse than some of his recruitment decisions in the past 2-3 years.

Webcke said:
SIGN HIM UP, FOUND NOT GUILTY SO WHO CARES. WE ARE GOING TO BE SHIT NEXT YEAR WE NEED ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET, GO AHEAD LETS SEE ALL YOU GUYS STOP SUPPORTING. YOUR ALL FULL OF HOT AIR.

LOUD NOISES!!

It isn't about second chances and forgiveness. You have to look at the context of the whole thing. It just would not be 'bronco-like' to sign him. If that even exists anymore.........

He can go on and reform his life or whatever and become a priest or some crap - good for him. But signing him right now would be a mistake for the Broncs. Simple as that.

Oh and for the record I would still support the Broncs but I won't lie - watching him wear the jersey would surely turn my stomach a bit...

I'm already suffering watching Te'o (who looks like he doesn't even care one bit) wear the Broncos jersey, so having Bird there too wouldn't be that much harder.

I will not support the Broncos next year if we sign him. I will not support the side for the duration of his stay at the club, I will watch the NRL and not barrack for anyone until he is gone from the club. This would fly in the face of that pathetic "when convenient" code of conduct Bruno flogs off like he is some sort of moral crusader.

Alec said:
I'm already suffering watching Te'o (who looks like he doesn't even care one bit) wear the Broncos jersey, so having Bird there too wouldn't be that much harder.

people are unfairly harsh on Teo. i love seeing him play for the Broncos and im glad he doesnt take a loss to heart. Proberly 1 reason he is able to bounce back the week after.

P.s I think he's a **** of a person but I support the Broncos. IMO Cullen shouldn't consider it but if he went for him it wouldn't be any worse than some of his recruitment decisions in the past 2-3 years.

The player he has recruited are not really bad choices. just the lack off extra players. how can Izzy be a bad choice. and Sims,setu,teo,Winterstein,wallace,clinton.

Seriously the choices are fine.

draggx said:
people are unfairly harsh on Teo. i love seeing him play for the Broncos and im glad he doesnt take a loss to heart. Proberly 1 reason he is able to bounce back the week after.

I agree, and just because he doesn't show as much emotion (not that i think that's true) as others, doesn't mean he's not feeling it inside.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Bucking Beads
  • Gaz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Waynesaurus
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Dexter
  • Nightwatchman
  • LGH
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • Dreaglor
  • Hurrijo
  • DrGee
  • Kenny powers
  • Scdeac
  • thenry
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.