Brisbane Broncos Members Day

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Alrighty then, who went along to Suncorp earlier today and how was it?

Wish I could have gone myself but unfortunately was out west.

Anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
It was good. I thought it was better than last years.

I got my hat signed by Anthony Milford. I had Ben Hunt's signature on there from last year.

I also had a chat with Wayne. He holds his cards very close to his chest, but he is a nice bloke and good to have a chat with.

I couldn't find Ben Hunt anywhere, though.

Last edited:
All the Four Nations reps (Hunt, Thaiday, Parker, McGuire, Blair and Vidot) + Boyd (surgery recovery) weren't there as they were not 'allowed' to be there under their RLPA agreements. Which is a bit of poor planning imo

I didn't go, but I think they need more smaller ones, not just one big one. The lines last year were SO long. Also heard the crowd sat around for an hour before anything actually happened

Sounds like you had a good day Super :)

Is there going to be a fan day for non-members

Was thinking of taking my boy along for a quick drop in, but planning.

Perhaps the club should hold it out at Gilbert Park instead and let all and sundry attend?

It was a good way to spend my birthday, I found it intersting having a look inside the sheds. In saying that though, I've been to the last few below the border Melbourne events and nothing beats the more intimate atmosphere where you can have a few drinks and a good chat with many of the players, past and present without much hassle. I felt a bit sorry for locky on Saturday, he looked a bit like a caged animal. He got rushed as soon as he came out and no one was really talking to him, just grunting and pushing jerseys into him, lol. Also holy shit Garbutt is a large human being.

It was a good way to spend my birthday, I found it intersting having a look inside the sheds. In saying that though, I've been to the last few below the border Melbourne events and nothing beats the more intimate atmosphere where you can have a few drinks and a good chat with many of the players, past and present without much hassle. I felt a bit sorry for locky on Saturday, he looked a bit like a caged animal. He got rushed as soon as he came out and no one was really talking to him, just grunting and pushing jerseys into him, lol. Also holy shit Garbutt is a large human being.

I could never get to Lockyer.

By the time I was able to, he was leaving. Well, I think he did. I didn't see him again after that.

Unread

Active Now

• Organix
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Lazza
  • Bish
  • jarro65
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.