Brisbane Broncos New Coach

Re: Our New Coach

Bellamy says his deadline with the Broncs was yesterday.He was almost the Broncs coach at one stage.Big money we wouldn't match obviously lured him to stay and why not.
Of course they went after him Nashy.Why the hell wouldn't they?
If they hadn't they would have named Ivan long ago not the day after Bellamy turned to the Storm(good for the Storm and league to)

All water under the bridge now.We have a new coach next year and thankfully the one most of us wanted.New era approaches.Way lifes journey goes ey
Now the player speculation lingers [icon_wink

Of course we went after Bellamy, I just think everyone seems to think we pushed and exerted all our energy on him. When I personally think it couldn't be further from the truth.

Henry, I have heard no confirmation that the Broncos wanted / contact or expressed interest in him.

You are a crap piece of work Bruno and were left in the lurch when the man you needed most was right under your nose.3nd choice.I would have told him to shove it if I had been I.H.

Bit harsh.

None of us here really have any idea what the true thought process of the Bruno and the board was.

I’m pretty pleased & relieved our coaching situation is now settled!!! All the speculation couldn’t have been good for contract negotiations with players off contract. Now we can get on with the season.

A little disappointed it wasn’t Bellamy & wouldn’t have minded Anderson but I’m glad Ivan’s got the job. Congrats to him and good luck. Not even bothered that he’s from NSW. If he delivers, I reckon no-one here would complain.

Stoked it's Ivan.

He's been SUCH a big force behind our return to form, including the 2006 premiership and our evolving game plan.

Couldn't be happier here.

mick! said:
Stoked it's Ivan.

He's been SUCH a big force behind our return to form, including the 2006 premiership and our evolving game plan.

Couldn't be happier here.

I totally agree.

Hopefully now we see some signatures from the players.

Great decision [icon_pray. [icon_pray. [icon_pray. [icon_pray.

Yup, definitely a great choice! icon_thumbs_u

Although I'm not sure broncos.com.au are doing him any favours by giving him the peeping tom look on the site:

ivanbb3.png

How long has Ivan been with us ?

Coached reserves from 94-2000. Then he became our recruitment officer (not sure of his official title) til 04 then he became WB's assistant in 06.

No no no.... What happened to Bellemy. 5 years is way to much for him

Henjak for two? Thats ok for now!

Coincidence that he was appointed a day after Bellamy signed with the Storm?

Henjak should have been the first choice all along.

Im am very excited about IH as our coach, as someone stated earlier, it is no secret that our new way of playing has had his contribution this could lead to some very exciting times ahead!

porouian said:
Although I'm not sure broncos.com.au are doing him any favours by giving him the peeping tom look on the site:

That is fantastic! [icon_lol1. 3

"Careful boys, Ivan knows when you're acting up"

I am disappointed we didn't get Bellamy but I think Bruno's continued swipes in the past fortnight may have taken a toll on Bellamy's patience because from what I have heard we offered more. Henjak and Andersen were my next picks so I am not unhappy, Henjak seems to be pretty switched on to me, he at leasts talks a good game anyway. Very very happy we have only given him a 2 year deal for now really gives us flexibility if things don't go swimmingly.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
I am disappointed we didn't get Bellamy but I think Bruno's continued swipes in the past fortnight may have taken a toll on Bellamy's patience because from what I have heard we offered more. Henjak and Andersen were my next picks so I am not unhappy, Henjak seems to be pretty switched on to me, he at leasts talks a good game anyway. Very very happy we have only given him a 2 year deal for now really gives us flexibility if things don't go swimmingly.

Good stuff with the Ivan move. The bloke has definitely served his time/apprenticeship and deserves his chance. Who knows, in a few years time people could very well be talking/raving about him the way Bellamy is raved about by many people now. Everyone has to start somewhere, and just this year alone I think we have seen some very promising glimpses of what may lie ahead in terms of the team's playing style. Henjak has apparently had a lot to do with the more attacking style of play witnessed at times this year and will incorporate his own tactics/gameplans to suit. Exciting times ahead I reckon.

renouf said:

Bruno hinted at that in an interview.

But then it could have been said to save face.

Kaz said:
renouf said:

Bruno hinted at that in an interview.

But then it could have been said to save face.

No doubt Bruno was saving face. He realises all the shit he and Brian Waldron went on with probably stuffed our chances to sign him and deflecting from that is the best thing Bruno can do.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Culhwch
  • Lurker
  • Skyblues87
  • Redfern_1980
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • RolledOates
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • xilliun
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Big Del
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.