Brisbane Broncos New Coach

will we see a few players now put pen to paper and sign new deals knowing Henjak is the man, guys like Hannant, Ennis ect?

666 said:
will we see a few players now put pen to paper and sign new deals knowing Henjak is the man, guys like Hannant, Ennis ect?

Hopefully, I worry we will have players leave due to the let down of not getting a brilliant coach in Bellamy but appointing a rookie. I think the Titans and Dragons could look a little more yellow and maroon next year eusa_think

FCB BB AKA MB said:
666 said:

Hopefully, I worry we will have players leave due to the let down of not getting a brilliant coach in Bellamy but appointing a rookie. I think the Titans and Dragons could look a little more yellow and maroon next year eusa_think

I think having Henjak get the nod will work more in our favour than if we got Bellamy.

Guys like Ennis, Hannant, Taylor, Moon ect haven't played under Bellamy, they have played under Henjak, they know what they are getting and Bruno wouldn't have signed Henjak knowing players would leave because of it.

666 said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:
666 said:

I think having Henjak get the nod will work more in our favour than if we got Bellamy.

Guys like Ennis, Hannant, Taylor, Moon ect haven't played under Bellamy, they have played under Henjak, they know what they are getting and Bruno wouldn't have signed Henjak knowing players would leave because of it.

He doesn't know thats the thing only the players do. Guys like Hannant, Clinton, Sims, Ennis sign from down south to play under a guy like Bennett and Bellamy is a coach of a similar standing in the current game (not overall career). Not getting him may have a negative run off with guys like the Hannant's, Michaels', Taylor's of the world wanting to go play under someone they know can elevate their game not someone they think might be able to do it. For all the promise Henjak has he is a rookie and we have lots of guys off contract who may want to play under someone with more experience.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
666 said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":8u232kkt]
666 said:

He doesn't know thats the thing only the players do. Guys like Hannant, Clinton, Sims, Ennis sign from down south to play under a guy like Bennett and Bellamy is a coach of a similar standing in the current game (not overall career). Not getting him may have a negative run off with guys like the Hannant's, Michaels', Taylor's of the world wanting to go play under someone they know can elevate their game not someone they think might be able to do it. For all the promise Henjak has he is a rookie and we have lots of guys off contract who may want to play under someone with more experience.[/quote:8u232kkt]

Well said he has no proven record at the top level and coaches like WB and Bellamy.

And I'm sure the players know far better what he does around the place than what we ever will. I don't think it's going to be an issue unless Wayne make issue of it when he wants to take people.

Nashy said:
And I'm sure the players know far better what he does around the place than what we ever will. I don't think it's going to be an issue unless Wayne make issue of it when he wants to take people.

WB will take Ennis, Wallace & Sims and may have a crack at Taylor.

On top that Michaels, Boyd, Eastwood will consider moves.

Well you don't know that. They might stay too.

Ivan might not have the draw that WB or Bellamy has but Bellyache didn't have any draw when he started out at Melbourne either.

I'm happy with it. Especially given Bellamy's penchant for dirty tackles.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
666 said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":355d06ds]
666 said:

He doesn't know thats the thing only the players do. Guys like Hannant, Clinton, Sims, Ennis sign from down south to play under a guy like Bennett and Bellamy is a coach of a similar standing in the current game (not overall career). Not getting him may have a negative run off with guys like the Hannant's, Michaels', Taylor's of the world wanting to go play under someone they know can elevate their game not someone they think might be able to do it. For all the promise Henjak has he is a rookie and we have lots of guys off contract who may want to play under someone with more experience.[/quote:355d06ds]

bruno stated the start the players would be consulted on the new coach, so it's safe to say they would be happy with the appointment.

I just can't see us having a huge player exodus. Hell we got Folau from the storm with no coach what so ever, Parker stayed not knowing, i think i can say with confidence the culture at the broncos will keep the players, a culture that will remain because of henjak.

The Rock said:
If it was an external coach (excluding Bellamy) then I would not have been surprised if a few players left. But since Henjack is a well respected amongst the players and has been an assistant to Bennett since 2006, then there won't be a problem with players leaving when Bennet goes.

I think we will retain most but we already have a few being targeted by other clubs and we have a novice coach now no matter how you look at it, we may lose players. I hope I am way off but I think it is of genuine concern.

IT TAKES MORE THAN DEDICATION TO COACH A DYNASTY !! (I THINK YOU NEED TO COACH IN THE NRL ??) AS LONG AS THEY SACK BRUNO WHEN THEY SACK IVAN IN 12 MONTHS WHEN THE BRONCS ARE SITTING AT THE BOTTOM OF THE TABLE, I MIGHT STILL SUPPORT THE BRONCOS !!

jacev said:
IT TAKES MORE THAN DEDICATION TO COACH A DYNASTY !! (I THINK YOU NEED TO COACH IN THE NRL ??) AS LONG AS THEY SACK BRUNO WHEN THEY SACK IVAN IN 12 MONTHS WHEN THE BRONCS ARE SITTING AT THE BOTTOM OF THE TABLE, I MIGHT STILL SUPPORT THE BRONCOS !!

i think i speak for most on here when I say do us all a favour, stop supporting them now and fark off.

666 said:
jacev said:

i think i speak for most on here when I say do us all a favour, stop supporting them now and fark off.

Don't speak for others!

It is forum and people are entitiled to express their views, you should refrain from using that language.

666 you have been warned no more stirring posts like this please.

I find it odd that people want us to develop players, but want us to buy an experienced coach. Ivan will do a good job. I am so relieved it's him. A guy with understanding of the Broncos culture, and demonstrated knowledge of the game and tactics.

Coxy said:
I find it odd that people want us to develop players, but want us to buy an experienced coach. Ivan will do a good job. I am so relieved it's him. A guy with understanding of the Broncos culture, and demonstrated knowledge of the game and tactics.

I agree, I think he will slip in quite seamlessly however I do think there is some chance we will lose players to Bennett and to clubs with experienced coaches, I hope it doesn't happen but I see that it could. The cap will obviously make things tight enough then you get guys getting bigger offers elsewhere from clubs that have very good proven coaches.

Active Now

• Reds2011
  • Sproj
  • Griffo
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • mrslong
  • bb_gun
  • Mr Fourex
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Fitzy
  • bert_lifts
  • ChewThePhatt
  • upthebroncs
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.