Brisbane Broncos New Coach

I agree, there is a chance that players will leave. May not. That'd be the case if it'd been Bellamy. It's inevitable.

Re: Our New Coach

Kee said:
Bellamy says his deadline with the Broncs was yesterday.He was almost the Broncs coach at one stage.Big money we wouldn't match obviously lured him to stay and why not.

Which goes against what posters have said in other threads about Bellamy's heart being with Brisbane. I for one was ecstatic when he announced he was staying with Melbourne and am even more ecstatic that Ivan is our new head coach. Great work Bruno [eusa_clap.gi

Also sick of people saying players are going to leave or not re-sign because we have a rookie coach. You have no idea. Maybe they would have gone if we had signed Bellamy because they don't want to play for a coach that is going to coach them to do things completly outside the spirit of the game (grapple, chicken wing, who knows what he - or his coaching staff - will come up with next?). The current players all know and respect Henjak and I personally think they will love to play for him and it really will be just business as usual for our current players. (Though I do think it might be less attractive to players to come from other clubs initially). And let's not forget before going to Melbourne Bellamy had no more experience than Henjak has now and is now one of the most successful coaches of the past 3 years - I personally believe Henjak will be just as or even more successful now he is being given the chance.

Flutterby said:
Kee said:
Bellamy says his deadline with the Broncs was yesterday.He was almost the Broncs coach at one stage.Big money we wouldn't match obviously lured him to stay and why not.

Which goes against what posters have said in other threads about Bellamy's heart being with Brisbane. I for one was ecstatic when he announced he was staying with Melbourne and am even more ecstatic that Ivan is our new head coach. Great work Bruno [eusa_clap.gi

Everything I have heard leads me to believe we offered him more than Melbourne have. I think all the bitterness between the clubs played against us, we got a good guy anyway so it isn't the end of the world.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
I think all the bitterness between the clubs played against us

Glad someone agrees with me on that icon_thumbs_u

FCB BB AKA MB said:
I think all the bitterness between the clubs played against us

What went 'against' us was, during the interview Bellamy was told they were in charge of the team not the coach.

So the radio report said.

Reading the courier mail to day and they had the results of the poll asked on monday. i was interested to see the results.

The poll question was: "Is Ivan Henjak the right choice to coach the Broncos
Results: YES 63%; NO 37%, i honestly thought that the yes vote would have had a higher percentage. here are some of the reasons published for their particular vote(not all published reasons are given below):

REASONS PEOPLE GAVE FOR VOTING YES:

"Armed with a record like his and a great rapport with the players, Henjak is sure to be a success" - Leon, Southport

"Anyone who has been an understudy to Wayne Bennett has to be a good choice. Look what it did for Bellamy." - Ellen, Roma

"I'm glad that Henjak got the job. This will create minimal change with Bennett going as he has the respect of the players. This could be a good move for player retention too." - Daniel, Sydney

REASON PEOPLE GAVEFOR VOTING NO:

"I feel Nathan Brown would have been a better choice." - Ashley, Dalby

"Henjak hasn't coached at the highest level and is replacing the best coach in Australia. The Broncos deserve better." - Bad Hat, Ferny Grove

"The Broncos sacked him and now they want him as the coach. He's third choice for the job anyway" - Carly, Toowoomba

Can anyone confirm if that last response in the No vote correct? did the Broncos ever sack Henjak? if so, for what reason?

also it would be interesting to see if the percentage would change if a poll was held on BHQ!

Meat77 said:
Is Ashley from Dalby a bit simple?

that is my first thought when reading the comment he/she made

Nashy said:
When was Henjak sacked?

i thought he left on his own in 2000. but i could be wrong. could anyone confirm?

No, Broncos never sacked Henjak. All the "no" reasons shown there are weak as piss. I've seen better reasons against him lodged here (namely the lack of attraction he would be to other players, or even our own - even though that seems unlikely judged on the comments from our players).

He was third choice, yes. But still, it's not like he wasn't a respected option.

I love how they've made an issue of the others (namely Kevin Walters) being notified by text message that their application was rejected. Poor babies. At least they GOT a response. I don't know how many jobs I've applied to and been interviewed for that I've never heard back from! [icon_lol1.

Coxy said:
I love how they've made an issue of the others (namely Kevin Walters) being notified by text message that their application was rejected. [icon_lol1.
I read that this was a furphy put about by the Bronx haters (Barry Dick, I think, put it out there and then backed down).
[icon_non

Barry Dick doesn't hate the Broncos. In fact he's always a guest of theirs in the media box, even though he doesn't explicitly write about league anymore.

In fact, he's a close friend of Wayne Bennett.

However, he's not a fan (his favourite team is South Sydney...yet another closet Rabbits fan).

He may not be a Bronco Hater but:
BD at 1.54 Monday (in reply to a blogger about the text story):
"Yeah, that’s how Kevvy heard. Pretty weak effort by the Broncs, especially when it’s one of their favourite sons! Say what you like about Benny running the place, you can’t question his results. Will be interesting to see how many premierships they win with the board cal;ling the shots."

BD at 2.53 Monday:
"BTW, just heard KEVIN WALTERS was NOT advised by text message. Another one of the furphies doing the rounds I’m afraid. . . "

Meat77 said:

Yes he is, he's from Dalby. (it's rampant there.)

If there are any people from Dalby who post here, will know I am right.

Kaz said:
Meat77 said:

Yes he is, he's from Dalby. (it's rampant there.)

If there are any people from Dalby who post here, will know I am right.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

bfoord said:
Meat77 said:

that is my first thought when reading the comment he/she made

I reckon Ashley's tongue may have been firmly planted in his cheek when he made this comment. (Either that or he's actually a St George fan and isn't happy that Brown has been demoted to Bennett's assistant, but actually wants him far far away from his team)

Active Now

• Reds2011
  • Xzei
  • Griffo
  • sooticus
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • mrslong
  • bb_gun
  • Mr Fourex
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Fitzy
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.