OFFICIAL Brisbane Broncos sign John Cartwright, Terry Matterson as Kevin Walters’ assistants

Roosters and Canberra coming off the boil. Storm losing Smith will drop them back to the rest of the pack. Panthers form, how long can it go on?

I think it's going to be a lot closer comp next year but thinking we'll bounce back from spoon to premiers is probably a bit much to hope for, but it should be a lot less predictable next year at least.

i dont think seibold was ever going to be able to handle coaching to the new rules,i think if covid doesnt happen and the rule changes dont happen i think our season would have been alot different,walters and co. will have a whole preseason to gameplan for the new rules.either way i get lucky and win some money or i lose a hundo.

Depends on the odds but I might take $100 at us to come last again. worked well for me this year at $23-1

We will be closer to last than to first, that's for sure. De-programming the Seibold trash out of this team is going to take at least 1 full season, not to mention the attitude issues and salary cap mess.

We will be closer to last than to first, that's for sure. De-programming the Seibold trash out of this team is going to take at least 1 full season, not to mention the attitude issues and salary cap mess.

what salary cap mess

what salary cap mess

A million on Milford, 900k on Bird, 700k on Joe O, something north of 500k on Oates, offloading spuds like McCullough (500k), Kahu, Glenn and Croft....I mean why do I need to remind you of this stuff, Foordy?

A million on Milford, 900k on Bird, 700k on Joe O, something north of 500k on Oates, offloading spuds like McCullough (500k), Kahu, Glenn and Croft....I mean why do I need to remind you of this stuff, Foordy?
Did you give Offa an extra 200k for a job well done? Didn’t realise you were such a fan of his.

My bad, I mixed him up with Lodge who is on 700k.

Regardless, even with Joe @ 500k, that is still well over 3 million dollars tied up in garbage returns.

Seibold was a shit coach but blaming the above on him is a bit far fetched considering Milford and bird were signed way before he even got here, and he tried to offload kahu and macca. Also, Glenn was injured a lot last year but doesn't deserve to be in that group. Seibold can be strongly blamed for croft but he's on a below average wage (justifiable gamble given the circumstances).
Ofa and oates were shockers, even though you've added a few hundred grand to ofas deal.
For what we need on the field I would have loved to have us kept McGuire and knik but it's also terrible for team environments to have people there who didn't want to be. Sua is definitely a hindsight thin, and no one predicted titans to offer the richest NRL deal for a 21 year old in history to leave us short there. Allen we should have kept too given our shortcomings at fullback but even he hasn't started to show what he is worth till about halfway through this year...
In summary, everyone is a genius with hindsight but our recruitment team are still fucking idiots. We need to recruit on personality rather then athleticism, everyone is a bloody athlete in the NRL so there high school advantage is taken away..

Seibold was a shit coach but blaming the above on him is a bit far fetched considering Milford and bird were signed way before he even got here, and he tried to offload kahu and macca. Also, Glenn was injured a lot last year but doesn't deserve to be in that group. Seibold can be strongly blamed for croft but he's on a below average wage (justifiable gamble given the circumstances).
Ofa and oates were shockers, even though you've added a few hundred grand to ofas deal.
For what we need on the field I would have loved to have us kept McGuire and knik but it's also terrible for team environments to have people there who didn't want to be. Sua is definitely a hindsight thin, and no one predicted titans to offer the richest NRL deal for a 21 year old in history to leave us short there. Allen we should have kept too given our shortcomings at fullback but even he hasn't started to show what he is worth till about halfway through this year...
In summary, everyone is a genius with hindsight but our recruitment team are still fucking idiots. We need to recruit on personality rather then athleticism, everyone is a bloody athlete in the NRL so there high school advantage is taken away..

I wasn't blaming the above on Seibold. Seibold's trash coaching and our cap issues are separate.

Surely we have the $750k we were offering Fifita. That’s enough to get someone decent.

700k on Joe O ... when did you start learning your figures from Badel (and even he didn't try to make us believe that)

Kahu is already gone

Glenn had one poor year due to injury and isn't on big money anyway. he also offers us some much needed experience and consistency

at the time he signed Oates was worth 500k (although he has significantly dropped of a cliff)

the Million for Milf would have been worth it when he re-signed and i don't recall anyone around here having an issue with it when we locked him up at the end of 2016.

Croft was worth the risk for the modest amount we paid for him. in fact, after the first two rounds, most people thought we got ourselves a bargain. let's see what happens when Kevvie gets a chance to work with him.

need I remind you that we had at least 750k set a side to retain Fifita, not to mention Boyd's big money freed up since he has retired, the 400k we were paying Kahu, also has become available

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • The True King
  • Broncosgirl
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Xzei
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Johnny92
  • Jazza
  • FACTHUNT
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.