NEWS Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold is optimistic about Broncos’ future

That would be Payne Haas.

Pretty sad when your fastest two players are probably a prop and a second-rower.

For this reason alone, I don't mind the idea of taking a punt on Niu as the fullback and Perese in the centres, at least in the trials. I also don't mind the idea of trialling Staggs in the 6, he has so much Berrigan about him it isn't funny. You can just put him anywhere and he'll do a great job.

Something like:

1. Niu
2. Coates
3. Bird
4. Perese
5. Farnworth
6. Staggs
7. Paix
8. Flegler
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Fifita
12. Glenn (c)
13. Carrigan

14. TPJ
15. Joffa
16. Bullemor
17. Oates

This is just for a trial remember.

Pretty sad when your fastest two players are probably a prop and a second-rower.

For this reason alone, I don't mind the idea of taking a punt on Niu as the fullback and Perese in the centres, at least in the trials. I also don't mind the idea of trialling Staggs in the 6, he has so much Berrigan about him it isn't funny. You can just put him anywhere and he'll do a great job.

Something like:

1. Niu
2. Coates
3. Bird
4. Perese
5. Farnworth
6. Staggs
7. Paix
8. Flegler
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Fifita
12. Glenn (c)
13. Carrigan

14. TPJ
15. Joffa
16. Bullemor
17. Oates

I like it, but if it's a trial, we should have a look at Arthurs while we're at it.

Perese is the interesting one for me. He has all the attacking tools to play NRL already. The rest of his game needs a lot of work and I'm really interested to see what he has learned and improved on going into 2020. If he hasn't taken some decent strides forward I can't see him making it, he will get destroyed defensively.

Perese is the interesting one for me. He has all the attacking tools to play NRL already. The rest of his game needs a lot of work and I'm really interested to see what he has learned and improved on going into 2020. If he hasn't taken some decent strides forward I can't see him making it, he will get destroyed defensively.
He's also played school footy with Croft, our incoming halfback.

So essentially Seibold took a gamble with the hope some club would pick up Kahu and now it has come back to bite him on the ass in some respects? Not that I am completely blaming Seibold mind you but for me, he has a target on his back at the moment and deserves most of the arrows coming his way.

Just so we are clear. When it is a shit deal from last year it is all the boards fault and Bennett has nothing to do with contracts but any shit deals this year are all Seibold?

Yay! A fluff piece. Club brings in old boy to help fix something. So if this is following the same pattern, Broncos are in for a round 1 hiding.

Certainly a step in the right direction.

Yup, hopefully Cozza can slap a few of these soft ***** around to give them a harder edge and mentality. Now we need Hodgo to come in also and sort out some of the backs.

I am assuming Ben 'Crumpet' Cross is still there masquerading as an Assistant/Defensive Coach? He must be one of Seibold's bum chums to still hold a job with the club after this season's 'efforts'.

Last edited:

Something like:

1. Niu
2. Coates
3. Bird
4. Perese
5. Farnworth
6. Staggs
7. Paix
8. Flegler
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Fifita
12. Glenn (c)
13. Carrigan

14. TPJ
15. Joffa
16. Bullemor
17. Oates

Isaako and Farnsworth are easily the fastest at the club right now

Isaako and Farnsworth are easily the fastest at the club right now
I would really like farnworth to get a run. Kills it at training, great cardio, has got speed and when given the opportunity at NRL was safe.

It is a shame he isnt a fullback. If he played fullback it would haven been ideal. Could have played like papenhuyzen, just using his speed and doing everything a mile a minute just to burn people.

I would really like farnworth to get a run. Kills it at training, great cardio, has got speed and when given the opportunity at NRL was safe.

It is a shame he isnt a fullback. If he played fullback it would haven been ideal. Could have played like papenhuyzen, just using his speed and doing everything a mile a minute just to burn people.
I would love to see Herbie in the 17 he looks NRL ready. Let's hope Darbs is fucked off and Herbie comes on to the wing.

Also I believe he does consider himself a fullback, but I'm not sure if he has played there much in ISC

Brisbane Broncos reaffirm ‘long-term support’ of under-fire coach Anthony Seibold
Broncos boss Paul White has reaffirmed his support for Anthony Seibold and insists the Brisbane coach’s job is not on the line as he prepares to lead a Red Hill resurgence next season.
Seibold has signed a five-year deal with Brisbane but long-term arrangements are consistently tenuous in the cutthroat world of the NRL where rich contracts can be rescinded at the first sign of turbulence.
While Seibold steered Brisbane to the play-offs last season, the club went backwards across a number of statistical benchmarks, a regression compounded by the Broncos’ humiliating 58-0 defeat to Parramatta in the opening week of the finals.
Stream over 50 sports live and on-demand with KAYO SPORTS on your TV, computer, mobile or tablet. Just $25/month, no lock-in contract. Get your 14-day free trial and start streaming instantly >
Brisbane Broncos coach Anthony Seibold has been given the backing of club boss Paul White. Picture: AAP
Brisbane Broncos coach Anthony Seibold has been given the backing of club boss Paul White. Picture: AAP
Seibold’s late arrival in Brisbane for pre-season last December following the coach-swap circus with Wayne Bennett did not help his cause, but now the Broncos mentor has clear air and a fresh canvas to implement his premiership plan in 2020.
Four coaches in Brisbane’s 31-year history demonstrates the Broncos’ desire for high-level stability and White insists Seibold can do his job next season without the fear of being axed.
“We have a great belief in ‘Seibs’ and we are looking forward to the year ahead,” White told The Sunday Mail.
“The good thing about the club having long-term support for Seibs is that when we are re-signing players, they know our systems and who the coach will be.
“Yes, there is pressure on our club and we are in the spotlight in Queensland, we understand that, but we have faith in Anthony.
Paul White has full faith in Anthony Seibold leading the Broncos out of their funk. Picture: AAP
Paul White has full faith in Anthony Seibold leading the Broncos out of their funk. Picture: AAP
“I’m really happy to commit as CEO (for another 12 months). I am aware that CEOs have a use-by date but I want to be there for Anthony Seibold’s first full pre-season.
“The club is in a good position, but we have to make sure we nail this pre-season.”
Seibold is currently in America on a study trip and says he will return this month confident a smoother pre-season can help the Broncos improve on their eighth-placed finish in 2019.
“We had some small success stories last season with the amount of guys that made their debuts and the growth and development of some of the players in our squad,” he said.
“There is always room for improvement. We’re a long way from where we want to be and need to be.
“We’ve had a massive head start on last pre-season because we’ve been able to do specific planning for this group.
“Planning is really important. Last pre-season I had planned to be at South Sydney.
“It’s been a really productive off-season because I’ve been able to engage the staff and spend a great deal of time on our planning.”
Uh oh, he‘s got the full support of the board ....

So Paul ‘We Will Go To Market’ White has guaranteed Seibold his job next season regardless of results or performances...

In one article today he is saying how everyone is on notice in 2020 and will be accountable, then in this article he is guaranteeing Seibold’s job regardless of how the season fares out.

The PR brigade can’t even keep up with the hypocritical nature of this spin.

So Paul ‘We Will Go To Market’ White has guaranteed Seibold his job next season regardless of results or performances...

In one article today he is saying how everyone is on notice in 2020 and will be accountable, then in this article he is guaranteeing Seibold’s job regardless of how the season fares out.

The PR brigade can’t even keep up with the hypocritical nature of this spin.

it's going to be a long off season for you if you let PR (fluff) media pieces bother you ...

we all know that the board will guarantee someone's job is safe only to terminate them the next time the wind changes.

given the nature of sport and the fact that most players sign for longer than a year, it is rare for a coach to be sacked in his first 2 seasons anyway ... (because he needs to build his team)

it's going to be a long off season for you if you let PR (fluff) media pieces bother you ...

we all know that the board will guarantee someone's job is safe only to terminate them the next time the wind changes.

given the nature of sport and the fact that most players sign for longer than a year, it is rare for a coach to be sacked in his first 2 seasons anyway ... (because he needs to build his team)
Tjhis is true, but if we have another season like the last one with no noticeable improvement in how the team is structured in defence and attack, and no improvement in results, do not be surprised if after a `season review' the new CEO gives him his marching orders.

I always thought he was safe for at least 2 seasons or maybe partway into the third. He must know the clock is ticking though.

Unread

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brotherdu
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Wolfie
  • Fatboy
  • Midean
  • Organix
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Battler
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Xzei
  • porouian
  • simplythebest
  • winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • broncsgoat
  • Galah
  • Harry Sack
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 36 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.