NEWS Brisbane fighting Warriors for David Fifita

I'm pretty sure the source of that is the mole ... Enough said.

Chris Garry has a differing opinion, and as far as the media us concerned, I would trust him a million times more than I would trust the mole
That article of the mole had content within proven wrong within two hours. So I'm confident hes up the sput

The way he just steam rolled moose last week is the perfect example. That's the Qld & Australian lock and he absolutely toyed with him.

McGuire is overrated though. And a bit of a grub so he got what he deserved.

That's local juniors.

It isn't surprising either given how small the Roosters catchment is and how much Souths have eaten into that nursary.

In terms of debutants they had Daniel Tupou, Latrell Mitchell, Joey Manu, Jake Friend, Boyd Cordner, Mitchell Aubusson, Victor Radley, Isaac Liu, Dylan Napa & Ryan Matterson all made their debuts for the club.

Both JWH and Sio Siua Taikeiaho miss out despite only playing a handful of first grade games for their previous clubs.
Most of the men in the Roosters catchment area like to hang out with all the boys.

WWoS article detailing how Fifita is definitively going to the Warriors as we cant meet the asking price (1 mill per season was stated)...

Whats with the amount of shit stirring in media circles these days....???...even his agent would know he inst worth that and the Broncs wont be offering it...

Cant folk see that 18 year old kid ISNT equipped to deal with the unique pressure that comes with the million per year tag (Taylor for instance). The kids gunna get paid no question...but he doesn't need that money right now nor does he deserve it...

Oh, and Warriors can go **** themselves...

If the media are going to just flat out lie at least make it believable.

Any up and coming player with half a brain and who care about their footballing future would not even entertain the thought of going to the Warriors under the current predicament that club is in. If it wasn’t for that bit of a turn around last season where they did some good things, they were bordering on Titans levels of under achievement.

It’s why I didn’t tip them to make the 8 this year because I knew they wouldn’t sustain the amount of effort and mental fortitude required to back that season up, especially after losing their most creative half. Also most players who have gone their have declined because of the culture of the club.

For Fifita to even consider going there, the Warriors offer would have to be at least double what we could offer him I would have thought. The Eels is where the slight danger is in terms of losing him but I think you’ll find we will definitely won’t be resigning Macca at the end of 2020 and I think Boyd will be getting a talking to before then as well.

Last edited:
On a slightly related topic, I almost cannot believe we are paying Payne Haas the same as what the Titans paid for Shannon Boyd [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I almost think we could get Fifita to stay for around that $650k figure too.

On a slightly related topic, I almost cannot believe we are paying Payne Haas the same as what the Titans paid for Shannon Boyd [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I almost think we could get Fifita to stay for around that $650k figure too.

Yeah it is a slight concern that haas has turned out to be getting unders so early in his contract but hopefully the club will do the right thing by him and fix him up with marquee player allowance, third party sponsorships etc.

Parra having a crack at Fifita as well
Meeting with him next week

Eh? Thought no one was allowed to talk with him or his manager until after November 1?

They're allowed to do whatever they want except offer him a contract. They're probably even within their rights to show him a 4 year, $4m contract and say "this will be waiting for you on November 1st"

Fifita would be an idiot to join that rabble that is the Warriors or the Eels. Both are extremely poorly run clubs year in year out.

Then what is the point of the ban on contract negotiations until Nov1 if it can be so easily circumvented?
Exactly! Another piss-poor NRL ad-hoc, psuedo-rule that is completly ignored.

Other clubs should be fined for even intimating they are interested in talking to a player before the November 1 deadline.

Having said that, it still means the club holding that player's contract does have an advantage by being able to re-negotiate prior to November 1. If they do not have them locked up by then they seriously need to look at their systems.

Last edited:
Fifita has a choice to make. He can either enter SBW territory at the Broncos, storm, rorters, or even rabbits, or he can risk becoming the next cash Taylor/ tony Williams at the eels or warriors.

Put it this way, I’ll be pissed if we lose him, but if it’s to the eels or warriors it won’t hurt us when we play them because they’ll still be rubbish.

Edit: on parra, I thought they were going to table young Brown a big deal to keep him there? They rate him as the next big thing and I don’t necessarily disagree with that. The eels really are dumb bastards if this costs them Brown.

Last edited:

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.