NEWS Brisbane fighting Warriors for David Fifita

We need details (when, where etc.). I am near parra, i will herd the local junkies, transients et al. and make sure they hang around the building to "welcome" him. Leave him with a good impression.
We play Parra after bunnies in Brisbane so I'm guessing it will be up here somewhere???

Fingers crossed for a 1-2 Oates/Fifita announcement week of the finals!

Then what is the point of the ban on contract negotiations until Nov1 if it can be so easily circumvented?

Stops the James Maloney situation from a few years ago where he signed with the Roosters for two years time.
[automerge]1566376716[/automerge]
I would bank on it being very unlikely he moves out of home for the first time and ups to Sydney.

Fifita hasn’t even been able to leave Ipswich so unlikely he goes Sydney.

Last edited:
Parra having a crack at Fifita as well
Meeting with him next week

One for you Joe.

one of the best contracts in the laegue right now..4450K PER YEAR FOR A FUTURE IMMORTAL..!!!
[automerge]1566443389[/automerge]
Andrew Goe...!!!.....sorry Gee Gee...!!

Last edited:
We can easily afford to match offers for Fifita if we offload one of these dead weights - Boyd, Macca, Bird

I’d let Oates go if it meant Fifita can stay
I'd let a lot of players go to keep Fifi.

It's basically Haas then Fifi in terms of highest quality players in the team... was very disappointed with Milf tonight

“We see [Fifita] as a priority, of course we do,” Seibold said on Friday night.

“He has been with the Broncos since he has been a kid so of course we want to keep him but he has a year to go on his contract.

“But yeah he was really good (against South Sydney), a lot of tackle breaks, he ran with real intent.

To me that sounds like he's already gone..

How so? Just seems like a standard comment on a highly sought after player...

“He has been with the Broncos since he has been a kid so of course we want to keep him but he has a year to go on his contract.

Following a positive with "but" is rarely a good sign in my experience.

The club has done a great job so far securing the young talent, Fifita could be the best of the lot of them so I really hope we lock him down. He would go to waste in NZ.

I'd take Fifi 100% over Oates. He is our priority. We have other blokes that can slip into Oates position, should we not be able to keep both.

Following a positive with "but" is rarely a good sign in my experience.

I personally think it is just something you say and not because we won't necessarily keep him.

I personally think it is just something you say and not because we won't necessarily keep him.

Guess we'll find out, I don't love our chances if the money these clubs are throwing at him is true. We simply can't get close to matching those offers unless we can convince a couple of players to retire / move on.

Active Now

• Spooky1013
  • Bongo
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • NSW stables
  • Sproj
  • barker
  • davidp
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.