OPINION Broncos ‘Set to’ Win Cobbo's Signature. Badel warning.

holy crap thank you. I was just about to say that. That whole paragraph mchunt spewed read just like a politician trying to justify a lie they got caught out on.

The sheer amount of mental gymnastics just to basically say you lie and are full of shit but try to sound smart while doing it to so dumb people just buy what your saying.

The article is literally worded so people think the figure reported will be what he is getting payed. Its not until you challenge it you then have reporters come out and say well that's not exactly how its worded.

Its sole purpose of been written that way is to lead ppl into thinking the figure is accurate.

Make whatever excuses you want about needing to churn out articles and doing it for the fans etc etc. Its a scummy practice that more and more people every year are starting to smarten up to.

Sorry about rant i have not had my coffee yet so I must be cranky.
Skip the coffee and go straight to charlie. You'll feel even better.

Has the potential to play centre , wing and FB .
Coates - wing only .

Try comparing . Apples and apples . Not peaches and lemons . LOL .
Oh we are still paying on potential? Carry on then..

Also comparing different fruits is perfectly fine. Such a dumb saying

Buy now at 6 .
Or weep later when he leaves for 1 M .

Not money straight to S Cobbo bank acc . Incentives deal . 50 games 1st grade bonus / upgrade . Play Origin up grade . Play for Kangaroos upgrade . Fail to meet KPI`s stay on base contract .

It`s not just about stats . Personality and fan appeal also add value to the club earnings so must be accounted for .

Surely cant be 6. I don't know where the room in the cap is. We still have Oates to re sign AND we need to fill a centre spot for Herbie. I doubt this deal would be happening now if Herbie was staying.

If the figure is correct you’d have to assume it means Farnworth is high chance of leaving and that the club is under quite a bit of pressure to get him off the wing fairly soon.

I wonder if next season we are aiming for a spine of

1. Cobbo
6. Martin
7. Reynolds
9. Paix

holy crap thank you. I was just about to say that. That whole paragraph mchunt spewed read just like a politician trying to justify a lie they got caught out on.

The sheer amount of mental gymnastics just to basically say you lie and are full of shit but try to sound smart while doing it to so dumb people just buy what your saying.

The article is literally worded so people think the figure reported will be what he is getting payed. Its not until you challenge it you then have reporters come out and say well that's not exactly how its worded.

Its sole purpose of been written that way is to lead ppl into thinking the figure is accurate.

Make whatever excuses you want about needing to churn out articles and doing it for the fans etc etc. Its a scummy practice that more and more people every year are starting to smarten up to.

Sorry about rant i have not had my coffee yet so I must be cranky.
Would you rather no news? Or news that is accurate some of the time? Personally I like getting info about the club and players I support, even if some of it is just speculation.
Every bit of news I read, I do so knowing it is potentially bullshit, but sometimes the info is accurate and it's good to know.

I don't get it, would you lot rather get silence?

Badel Maths=

Currently on 180 for 22/23yrs = 360k total.

Claimed bump - 23/24/25yrs = 2.0m - (180k) = 18.2/3 = 606k avg difference. Simply not possible.

Id guess maybe 100k bump in 23 and 400 until 25. Total of 1.2m

Would you rather no news? Or news that is accurate some of the time? Personally I like getting info about the club and players I support, even if some of it is just speculation.
Every bit of news I read, I do so knowing it is potentially bullshit, but sometimes the info is accurate and it's good to know.

Yes please. These people make money from making things up, usually at the expense of the club we love. **** them

Petey B came into this article with one objective... "How can I make re-signing of Cobbo cause animosity?"

::::Inflate the price to extreme levels::::

We need to calm the **** down and realise Ikin loves money ball and media try to antagonize situations for clicks... it's more than likely we have actually re-signed him for a good price.

Be happy that he's a good player and he's staying.
Badel is a liar and scumbag, there is years of evidence to this. Honestly if you are still believe the contract figures he makes up and are getting upset by that you have no-one to blame but yourself.

if there is no news to report then 100% yes. or word it exactly as the truth is. write an article if you want about what some wingers are getting paid and what cobbo could get from other clubs? and word it just like that so there is no misunderstanding. i dont really understand how its that hard.

your kidding yourself if you think journos are writing these articles because there saints and want to give the fans news. there doing these type of articles and writing it like it is because it generates more click and outrage for the dumb ppl.

its only when read carefully and questioned on the fact of the article that these same journos use these mental gymnastics to convince themselves the lying is justified.

I'd 100% rather silence over bullshit, yes.

Badel is a scumbag, and so are the rest of his news corp cronies.

You know there's always an option to report rumour and present it as "I'm fucking guessing" but no, scumbag passes it off as fact.

"Selwyn Cobbo is set to pledge his future to the Broncos by inking a $2 million mega deal that will see Brisbane stave off a poaching threat from the Dolphins for the teenage sensation." "The Queensland Origin hopeful is on $180,000 this season, but his value will soar beyond the $600,000 mark with his upgraded contract."

That is not speculation, that is passing off BS as fact.

He has a job to do, he does it, we lap it up. Half the time he gets it right, the other half he doesn't. It beats the shit out of complete silence and getting no info. He cops shit because he speculates, just like we do, except we have no inside info or access to the sources he does.
There would be just as much outrage, if not more, if there was complete silence around player contracts, especially the ones who show promise that we all want info about.
The point is as a ‘journalist’ his job is meant to be to be right and to tell the truth, not speculate and lie. Saying that randoms on an Internet forum with no actual chance to access information speculate too so no dramas that Petey does is absurd.

100% I would prefer silence and you should too. When they make shit up and put out fake news that is accepted as fact it just feeds the media cycle. That becomes the accepted value and then other commentators and journos use that to push there agenda and it just goes round and round. We have recently seen that with Fleglers contract and that is all down to your boy Petey B.

If he is speculating he needs to say that or say nothing at all. If he can’t get the actual facts then he needs to either:

a) Work harder
b) shut his fucking mouth
c) use his assumed journalistic skills and write factually with the information he can confirm and clarify. Make it clear what is fact and what is his opinion or speculation

Not sure what you mean. You should always be sceptical of anything you read in a newspaper.

My only point on Badel is he's the hardest working reporter on the Broncos, and churns out multiple articles a day on them for the benefit of us diehard fans who'll read anything on them. I don't have any problem with his accuracy, particularly given the genre and the overall speculative nature of sports gossip.

In my opinion he's unfairly maligned for no good reason. Those slagging him off can never back up their toxic opinions with any form of evidence. It's just gratuitous nastiness, and occasionally it rankles me to see someone get the boot laid into them by people who don't even have access to his stories and make knee jerk cynical remarks that usually turn out to be wrong. The irony there.

As for this article, it's speculative. He hasn't signed. He's "tipped to sign." Badel is sharing a speculation - source unknown - that his value will "soar" beyond $600k with the upgrade. So it's a rumour, preempting a deal with a comment on his "value" rather than his pay.

I tend to agree with his "value." I see a massive future for this kid. He'll be a key part of our spine by next season, and playing for QLD, potentially even at fullback.

As for what we'll actually be paying him, well we all know those numbers are harder to get.
Ah yes, great journalism. Reporting a rumour.

Up there with the great journalists that work at new idea and other trashy tabloids which also report rumours from unknown sources.

A journalist has an inherit obligation to publish and report on a factual basis. Outside of this scope is using a position for sensationalism and ethically wrong. Its a downward spiral from there.

Potential factors at play here:
  • Broncos HQ could be deliberately feeding him BS to cook the market. Often done and smart strategy.
  • He could be inflating the numbers for click bait and sensationalism.
  • Hes in the pocket of someone and pushing an agenda.

Time will tell on this report.

your boy Petey B.
What is this fucken nonsense haha?

I am not a fan of these journo's, I just like to be kept up to date on contracts at the club I support, and from time to time their info is good and you would have to be a spastic to think otherwise. Of course they get it wrong every now and then, and this is how they earn a living, so I get why they do what they do.

But I am also 100% certain blokes who shit on these journo's for getting it wrong occasionally would be the exact same people who would sook the loudest if they got no info at all, and only found out their star players were leaving the club the day they walked out the door.

Unread

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Thelmus
  • Skathen
  • BrisVegas
  • Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • Swordfish
  • Mustafur
  • bazza
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.