Broncos 2013 Trials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember Parker's first game as goal kicker?

You'd never guess he could kick by the look of him.

You would never guess he would hold the clubs record for most conversions in a match either, terrible kicker he is.

Wallace still had 45 attempts. He also shades Prince in career accuracy too.

Awful news about Copley. I had high hopes for him this year and not a lot of confidence in our depth.

Think the word you're looking for GC is inconsistent

Think the word you're looking for GC is inconsistent

I'm not saying his perfect but don't you think its a bit of a farce for someone to call him a dud kicker.

Depends on your meaning of dud. By today's standards though he is a mediocre kicker.

It's all good, it's all good.

Maranta, Kahu, Norman, Kemp.

some of you act like no other kickers in the comp have a bad day.

i want to hear about how we performed. i dont give a flying **** about hte goal kicking tonight.

i want to hear about how we performed. i dont give a flying **** about hte goal kicking tonight.

I wouldn't bother mate, clearly Parker has contributed nothing positive to the club during his kicking duties, just costs us when we lose and pure luck when he kicks well.

Last edited:
HE NRMA Insurance Brisbane Broncos have just fallen short with a 16-14 loss to the Gold Coast Titans at Redcliffe tonight.Despite keeping the Titans scoreless in the second half, Brisbane were unable to mow down the Titans as poor ball control cost the Broncos dearly.
The trial marked the return of three former Broncos in Scott Prince, David Stagg and Denan Kemp but the signs are still positive for Brisbane find form before round-one against Manly.
Brisbane opening proceedings 12 minutes into the second half as Scott Prince deliberately aimed a grubber kick towards the right hand post of the Leagues
Club end, with the rebound gratefully collected by Corey Norman.
With Corey Parker having a spell on the sideline, Prince stepped up to slot the conversion which breathed life back into the contest at 16-10.
Both sides toiled away for the next 15 minutes, but it was Brisbane who began to assert their authority with another try.
After a bomb was kicked and regathered by Brisbane, the ball was thrown out to Denan Kemp who showed a great turn of speed to score in the corner.
Peter Wallace assumed kicking duties on this occasion but his effort fell short of the posts and the score remained 16-14 to the Titans.
As the crowd became more vocal, the Broncos started to chance their arm by throwing the ball more often towards their youthful backline.
But time ran out for Brisbane as the Titans held on for a 16-14 victory.
With fireworks going off at the Northern end throughout the opening minutes of the game, the real fireworks on the field only started for Brisbane after eight minutes when Josh Hoffman found the line.
Former Redcliffe Dolphin Hoffman sold a dummy to the Titans defence allowing him to scoot his way over the line from 30 metres out.
Although the Titans were able to hit back almost immediately after Brisbane coughed up possession close to halfway.
From the ensuing set Gold Coast halfback Albert Kelly found space to sidestep his way through Brisbane’s line and plant the ball under the posts to hand the Titans an early 6-4 lead.
An injury to Dale Copley saw Denan Kemp make an earlier than expected second debut for the Broncos, having last worn the Maroon and Gold back in 2010.
Copley’s injury is due to be assessed by Brisbane’s medical staff tomorrow.
Not long after Kemp’s introduction, David Stagg made his return to Broncos’ colours and was instantly required to take on his familiar role as a defensive workhorse due to Brisbane’s continued lack of ball control.
With Brisbane failing to gain any foothold on the game, Scott Prince was introduced on the half-hour mark.
However his first contribution was a forgettable one as his penalty kicked failed to find touch which proved costly for the Broncos.
Gold Coast spread the ball out wide towards Jamal Idris and the towering Titans centre was able to attract two Brisbane defenders and deliver a perfectly timed flick pass to David Mead who dashed over in the corner to take the score to 10-4.
As Dolphin Oval was briefly lashed by a passing rain shower close to halftime, the heavens threaten to open on the Broncos defensive line as the Titans went on the attack again.
Unfortunately for Brisbane, they were unable to hold out the opposition and Gold Coast interchange Brad Takairangi slipped his way over the chalk seconds before the halftime siren.
Aidan Sezer landed the conversion as the Titans were rewarded for their first half dominance with a lead of 16-4.
Brisbane will play their final pre-season trial against the Warriors on Saturday February 23 at the unique indoor arena, Forsyth Barr Stadium in Dunedin.
Gold Coast Titans 16 (Albert Kelly, David Mead, Brad Takairangi tries; Aidan Sezer 2 goals) def. Brisbane Broncos 14 (Josh Hoffman, Corey Norman, Denan Kemp tries; Scott Prince goal) at Dolphin Oval, Redcliffe.
Halftime: 16-4 Titans.

From what I've been hearing, Bond outplayed Hoffman and looked much more comfortable both in defence and attack, is this true?

Some of you manage to take everything the wrong way. Sure other kickers have bad games but nowhere near as consistently as Parker does. Nobody was blaming him for the kicking tonight.

From what I've been hearing, Bond outplayed Hoffman and looked much more comfortable both in defence and attack, is this true?
:loool:

You'll do anything to knock Hoffman down a peg or two.

I'm sorry man, I just found this post hilarious.

Some of you manage to take everything the wrong way. Sure other kickers have bad games but nowhere near as consistently as Parker does. Nobody was blaming him for the kicking tonight.

eh i didnt really read i just saw a page of goalkicking posts and do not think its relevant.

pulled this from a post on LU. make of it what you want i suppose, but it sounds like wallace+norman was just as shite as last year:

"First half was a shambles. Couldn't even do the basics right. Down 16-4 at half time.

Second half much much better. We looked much more dangerous went Prince came on. Our first half let us down too much, and lost 16-14. If it wasn't for a forward pass towards the end of the game we would have won.

Hoffman was easily our best player. He even looked quite good playing in the centres in the second half.

@Clintos. It wasn't a high scoring game so the wingers didn't really get into the game too much. I wouldn't say that either of them had a bad game.

Both Ben Hunt and Corey Norman had bad games. Hunt's work from dummy half was shithouse. At least Granville showed a bit of speed out of dummy half.

For the Titans, Albert Kelly looked very dangerous in the first half and Srama was quality."

It's looked OK.. They are swapping Norman/Wallace/prince on and off giving each good opportunities so it's hard to gauge. IMO so far we've looked best with norm/prince. Hoffman has been good chiming in in the back line movements.

It's wet weather footy tho so it's not a great indicator.

A stinks just erupted between beau Henry/Ben hunt.. Penalty broncos. Tap on own 30

Good reporting Pearl .....:thumbup1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Thelmus
  • Sproj
  • Galah
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Rowdy124
  • Waynesaurus
  • Justwin
  • The Don
  • Jazza
  • Fitzy
  • kman
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.