Broncos 2013 Trials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Still want to read the reports, but the result isn't too bad considering the opposition and the fact we were represented by an "enriched" Toyota Cup team...

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
article on the broncos site looks like it was written by the cowboys. basically no info about how we actually went. this is a bit disappointing i hope we get some decent info on how players went. kahu?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Noticed that myself, was a bit cross and realised it was written by the Cowboys media team.

Originally thought they just took the North Queensland twitter feed, wrote an article based on it and put it up on the website. Guess we'll get a Broncos perspective in a couple of days.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
article on the broncos site looks like it was written by the cowboys. basically no info about how we actually went. this is a bit disappointing i hope we get some decent info on how players went. kahu?

Pathetic from the club TBH. They didn't even update via twitter. It was the Cowboys who were doing it. The club really needs to up its game IMO. Woudn't even be that hard to stream the game live from 1 camera.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
i can understand not having video of it live but gee, how hard would it be to get someone to update the broncos twitter with how players are going. we basically know nothing about the game except the score, which is pretty irrelevant anyway

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Doubt they made the trek up to Mt. Isa tbh, especially since the game was full of second stringers.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Doubt they made the trek up to Mt. Isa tbh, especially since the game was full of second stringers.

Not one person who the club trusted to update a twitter or facebook account was in Mt Isa?? Find that hard to believe.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
let them know on twitter/facebook. maybe they didnt think anyone would be interested?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
It would have been nice but all clubs are very particular about controlling their news and info. They wouldn't let just anybody run their social website.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Stand-in Broncos captain Hunt, usually a bench utility, did his best to claim a run-on position in the halves.

He scored a try and was dangerous with the ball in his hands as his side raced to a 16-4 first-half lead.
Norths product Francis Molo, player of the year for the Broncos' under-20s last season, was another who grabbed his opportunity to push for a spot in Brisbane's pack in round 1 against Manly.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...win-over-broncos/story-e6frep5x-1226574586797

Good to hear about Hunt, I know it's a pipe-dream but I'd have no problem with a Prince/Hunt combination.

Said it earlier, but Molo is the best prop forward coming through at the club and will be at McGuire's level in a season or two's time. Player of the year last year despite missing half the season - speaks volumes.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
We need another decent prop so Molo coming through along with Hala one of them will surely come good.

M

Manifesto

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2012
I've just read quite an interesting scoop on facebook with regards to our possible team make-up. Apparently this guy is friends with Christian Woolf has been talking to Woolf and Stephen Kearny (and other Broncos staff) at this Coffee Club in Mt Isa this morning.

Apparently our halves combination is not decided yet and no-one is a certainty. The Broncos were very very impressed with how Ben Hunt played in the trial and were also quite impressed with how Prince played in the all stars. Apparently in the next trial, Prince will rest and Wallace, Norman and Hunt will fight it out.

They also said that Stagg should be getting quite a lot of minutes this year, Prince will probably kick if starts in the halves and that the wingers are uncertain and will depend on trial form.

If anyone wants to see the original post and string of comments, its on the NRL Dream Team Renegades group on facebook, have to apply to see the group (its private) but I think they allow pretty much everyone who applies. http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/nrldt/

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Thanks for the scoop!

What I get from that is...

Prince has pretty much locked down one spot and will probably goal kick.
Stagg is almost certain to be in the starting 17
Yow Yeh's vacant wing spot is up for grabs between Maranta, Berryman & Kemp.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
i find it very hard to see our season starting without norman in the 17. im not sure where. this is not me saying i love him i just think the club sees it this way. could be interesting and i'd be all for a bit of a mix up of who we saw where last year.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I am not sure if Hunt and Prince really compliment each other in the halves. Prince would have to be in the 6 surely?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
For the Broncos, it really doesn't matter what number is on your back as the halves don't really play first or second receiver rather they play left or right side. With that said, if Hook was to play them in a traditional fashion, Prince would be the five eigth due to his running game relying more on space than Hunt.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Prince + Wallace/Hunt/Norman > Wallace + Norman > Wallace + Hunt > Hunt + Norman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Scdeac
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • john1420
  • Galah
  • Santa
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • ethanjoker9
  • sooticus
  • Harry Sack
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Astro
  • johnny plath
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.