Broncos 2014 Away Jersey

Is anyone else getting sick of the 'this wouldn't have happened under Wayne!' line that gets trotted out everytime the club does something less than ideal.

Yes, sometimes the statement is applicable. However, if you thought this jersey was bad...

1344290.jpg

think again.

Even Gordie looks ashamed to be seen in it.
Regardless of how misguided its design was, at least you couldn't say they didn't put any effort into it, these days it always looks like an afterthought which is silly considering its the most prominent and valuable image the club has at its disposal. It should be treated with more respect, it can still fulfill its commercial objectives without being turned into a soulless billboard.

Last edited:
Is anyone else getting sick of the 'this wouldn't have happened under Wayne!' line that gets trotted out everytime the club does something less than ideal.

Yes, sometimes the statement is applicable. However, if you thought this jersey was bad...

1344290.jpg

think again.

Brisbane only wore that once didn't we. It's so ridiculous who thought that a bubblegum blue colour would be suitable for a Rugby League team's jersey?

Regardless of how misguided its design was, at least you couldn't say they didn't put any effort into it

Yes you could.

They literally took the 2001 jersey and gave it a completely irrelevant and garish colour.

Bman - We wore it a few times actually. Think it spanned from 01-02 and of course we wore a version of it in 98. Still don't understand why we wore that specific colour.

Brisbane will unveil the 2014 away jersey and make an important announcement.

What are you hoping for and what do you expect to see?

BWQgtQnCQAA1iic.jpg

Apart from the big white square that the NRMA logo is plastered on, i actually don't mind the jersey at all.

Yes you could.

They literally took the 2001 jersey and gave it a completely irrelevant and garish colour.

Bman - We wore it a few times actually. Think it spanned from 01-02 and of course we wore a version of it in 98. Still don't understand why we wore that specific colour.
colours came from a sevens jersey in 95'

Could have been worse, could have been Anderson locked in for another 3 dreadful seasons.

I hate it.

I was glad when we got NRMA and they integrated the logo with the jersey's colour scheme.

Why the **** does it have a white square border? It's looks like complete shit when they do that. I actually really like the jersey design besides the shitty front logo, I wish they integrated the colours so it wasn't a white box...

I hated this years jersey at first as well, tbh but that grew on me. The white background is atrocious though.

Too modern for Rugby League. And what's worse is the execution is horrible. Looks like

The problem is the Nike designers is they have zero precedents with Rugby/Rugby League designs. AFAIK, the Broncos and England Rugby are the only teams on their books. Sure, it might reflect the trend (match Barca's away jersey) but that's light years away from NRL fans expectations.

And how does it work as a clash jersey when it's exacly the same primary/secondary colour as our home jersey.

1344290.jpg

think again.

Having met Gordie, himself and other players were literally fuming to have to wear that jersey.

Funnily enough, we wore it once, we got spanked and that colour combination was never seen again.

If memory serves me it was because of some b/s thing about our jersey clashing with Manly's?

If memory serves me it was because of some b/s thing about our jersey clashing with Manly's?

Then we must have worn it at least twice, because that pic's against the warriors.

I remember Webcke got into a punch up against the warriors with that jersey on.
I also seem to recall manly towelling us up with it as well.

Exactly, how the **** could you have pride playing in those colours?

While I agree that signing a new sponsor is great for the club, hyping up the announcement when you know people are hoping for signing news is always going to disappoint fans.

The away jersey is fine except for the poorly integrated NRMA logo. It looks
really unprofessional for what is meant to be a premier sporting brand. Do you see Man U or Barca with advertising billboards like this?

Here's hoping the heritage jersey makes up for it.

Anyone else reminded of Mario Kart and the space track by this jersey?

While I agree that signing a new sponsor is great for the club, hyping up the announcement when you know people are hoping for signing news is always going to disappoint fans.

The away jersey is fine except for the poorly integrated NRMA logo. It looks
really unprofessional for what is meant to be a premier sporting brand. Do you see Man U or Barca with advertising billboards like this?

Here's hoping the heritage jersey makes up for it.

Exactly! It looks like a Weis bar.

Back to the Nike designer thing - they have no templates for Rugby League.

I think it would be sick even if they went super simple like this (but maroon, white and yellow as colours):
9738918238_4e114379ff_o.jpg

Active Now

• Pablo
  • mitch222
  • Midean
  • Fatboy
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.