Broncos 2014 Away Jersey

you do realise that nike have done the broncos jerseys since 1997 dont you?

We wore it several times in 2002

Yea, Tallis got in that biffo with Ben Ross in it too?

It seems my story is of a different Jersey, and with similar colours. It was from a match against Manly from memory?

Personally no problem with Nike producing our kits, they have a large portfolio of Rugby Union jerseys if memory serves me correctly?

I would prefer to see a kit that is a bit more 'traditional' though, something along what the Sharks, Manly, Bulldogs, etc. Produce year in year out, rather than us just pumping out a difference mix of Yellow and Maroon every year.

Yea, Tallis got in that biffo with Ben Ross in it too? It seems my story is of a different Jersey, and with similar colours. It was from a match against Manly from memory?

Is that the teal and white (?) diamonds
jersey?

Yea, Tallis got in that biffo with Ben Ross in it too?

It seems my story is of a different Jersey, and with similar colours. It was from a match against Manly from memory?

No, we wore the normal away jersey against Panthers in that Ben Ross game. The Panthers debuted their away jersey in that game, which was teal.

The game you're thinking of vs Manly was likely 1998 when we wore a one-off aqua strip:

hopoate%20%26Sailor%20fight_338439_p.jpg

Strangely enough, in the home game in 1998 v Manly, we actually did wear our home jersey:

Tallis%2cGorden%20982_226554_p.jpg

In 1999 we wore a one-off yellow strip against Manly, still one of my favourites (our away jersey was a white version of this):

Devere%2cM%2098151_401177_p.jpg

2002 was when we wore the second aqua strip several times:

Tallis%2cG%202081801_395312_p.jpg
%20Webb%20%26%20Walker%20%202080301_208428_p.jpg
DeVere%2cM%20runs%202071302_193808_p.jpg

After we wore the heritage jersey in 2003, I'm fairly sure we just wore that one against the warriors/storm etc and didn't wear the aqua again.

Last edited:
For good measure, a couple of photos of the Tallis-Ross punchup:

Tallis%2cRoss_punch_up_3031602_267413_p.jpg
Tallis%2cRoss_punches_3031601_212167_p.jpg

Personally no problem with Nike producing our kits, they have a large portfolio of Rugby Union jerseys if memory serves me correctly?

I would prefer to see a kit that is a bit more 'traditional' though, something along what the Sharks, Manly, Bulldogs, etc. Produce year in year out, rather than us just pumping out a difference mix of Yellow and Maroon every year.

They did, but not anymore.

Argentina Rugby and the Brisbane Broncos are all I can see. England Rugby is now Canterbury.

Not a large bank of current work to pull ideas and resources from about current trends and designs in Rugby/League.

Don't get me wrong, I feel the Broncos jerseys of past years have been trend-setting and the fact we are the only team aligned with Nike is cool. Up until this years home jersey, which missed the mark IMO and too far removed from the Broncos history and "pathos" if you will and should be changed. It's also a symbol if the shitness of 2013 and hopefully we don't carry it over to 2014. Looks as if the 2014 Weis Bar will continue that trend.

How many supporters would be delighted if we just stuck with the 2012 Heritage jersey, or a "modern" derivative of it incorporating the 7 horizontal torso stripes device somehow, as our full time home jersey?

Our history and identity is born out of the successes of 92/93.

Wear that each week.

Alex Ferguson had Man U change their strip at half time once because it was so horrible and he thought impacted on performance.

They did, but not anymore.

Argentina Rugby and the Brisbane Broncos are all I can see. England Rugby is now Canterbury.

Not a large bank of current work to pull ideas and resources from about current trends and designs in Rugby/League.

Don't get me wrong, I feel the Broncos jerseys of past years have been trend-setting and the fact we are the only team aligned with Nike is cool. Up until this years home jersey, which missed the mark IMO and too far removed from the Broncos history and "pathos" if you will and should be changed. It's also a symbol if the ****ness of 2013 and hopefully we don't carry it over to 2014. Looks as if the 2014 Weis Bar will continue that trend.

How many supporters would be delighted if we just stuck with the 2012 Heritage jersey, or a "modern" derivative of it incorporating the 7 horizontal torso stripes device somehow, as our full time home jersey?

Our history and identity is born out of the successes of 92/93.

Wear that each week.

Alex Ferguson had Man U change their strip at half time once because it was so horrible and he thought impacted on performance.

I would love to go back to the old strip lay out as the home strip, you know, the horizontal stripes - and I was actually a huge fan of the indigenous strip this year and think this form of homage would be great for the away strip.

...and maybe the U20s white one as a clash jersey.

Finish it off with either the diamonds for heritage or a 1997/1998 heritage, an indigenous, a pink women in league (or an aqua throw back for Beyond Blue) and you've got an awesome jersey line up

I actually like the jersey apart from the huge NRMA logo. Surely they could have made it less severe but I guess that is what they are paying the big money for

There's a place for a jersey similar to the 2014 away jersey but it should really be a one off (Maybe for the NRL 9's tournament)

We missed the boat in creating a great home jersey for our 25th year anniversary and now we've taken another step backwards with the away strip. Nike makes some great, clean outfits for other codes but they haven't given us anything to be proud of in awhile unfortunately.

It looks a lot better without the white square.

It makes such a difference without the white square. I'm still not a fan of the diagonal fade but I can cop it for an away jersey.

Nike isn't stupid and they have to be aware that the over the top white billboard looks ridiculous so it must be a part of the new NRMA sponsorship that was signed a few months back.

I emailed the club two weeks ago about the status of the CEO Q&A that we were promised awhile back. They said it's still in the works and we should expect it later this year. Would be interesting if he could share some light on this.

With something this important and the valid reasons NRMA provided the white square had to return. Although it doesn't look quite as good with a big white square you can be sure the Broncos are getting the most out of the partnership.

first kearney then pirtek, only thing left from parra is spoons

Active Now

• LockyersLeftBoot
  • westy316
  • kman
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Xzei
  • Morkel
  • Wild Horse
  • Justwin
  • Big Del
  • Sproj
  • theshed
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fatboy
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.