Broncos - 2015 Discussion

My only concern is that he may be our Andrew and not our David.

It's a bit strange that at this point in his career he still hasnt successfully cracked first grade. He will be 26 next year.

Would love to see him come good though.

Brenton Lawrence would be a good example of a prop who didn't get it right until his late 20's so the precedent is there

Hey mate, it does make for entertaining reading tho :) some of the boys here go pretty hard.

My only concern is that he may be our Andrew and not our David.

It's a bit strange that at this point in his career he still hasnt successfully cracked first grade. He will be 26 next year.

Would love to see him come good though.

Not necessarily, most props don't really come good until their late 20's.

It's hard to say whether a 20 year old prop will actually make it or not.

Been watching him closely since we signed him. He does remind me of Fafita. He may be a good 'un.

My pack/forwards

8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Gavet
11. Thaiday
12. Blair
13. Parker

14. Parcell
15. Garbutt
16. Gillett
17. Joe O

Oates cannot lose his sport to Blair otherwise I will be livid. In regards to the captain next year, I spoke to Michael Hancock today and he said Andrew McCullough is the best option for the club long term and he believes he is a solid candidate for next season....I was a bit disappointed when I heard that.

Not necessarily, most props don't really come good until their late 20's.

It's hard to say whether a 20 year old prop will actually make it or not.

Been watching him closely since we signed him. He does remind me of Fafita. He may be a good 'un.

My pack/forwards

8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Gavet
11. Thaiday
12. Blair
13. Parker

14. Parcell
15. Garbutt
16. Gillett
17. Joe O

****, I'm always forgetting someone.

Change Gillett for Oates.....

****, I'm always forgetting someone.

Change Gillett for Oates.....
ROFL, that'll do me... Blair and Thaiday ahead of Gillett & Glenn, who don't even get a bench spot. :laugh:

Bring on 2015 cant wait finally a frontrower with some mongrel.
1 Boyd
2 Vidot
3 Hodges
4 Copley
5 Reed/Kahu
6 Milford
7 Hunt
8 Blair
9 McCullough
10 Parker
11 Thaiday
12 Gillett
13 Mcquire

14 Glenn
15 Oates
16 Wallace
17 Gavet

Bring on 2015 cant wait finally a frontrower with some mongrel.
1 Boyd
2 Vidot
3 Hodges
4 Copley
5 Reed/Kahu
6 Milford
7 Hunt
8 Blair
9 McCullough
10 Parker
11 Thaiday
12 Gillett
13 Mcquire

14 Glenn
15 Oates
16 Wallace
17 Gavet
I'd prefer Garbutt instead of Wallace, and would start him ahead of Blair, but that is otherwise a team I'd go with...

ROFL, that'll do me... Blair and Thaiday ahead of Gillett & Glenn, who don't even get a bench spot. :laugh:

I agree to an extent, but Gillet in particular has a lot to prove over the next 6 months. He has not been great for awhile now.

I agree to an extent, but Gillet in particular has a lot to prove over the next 6 months. He has not been great for awhile now.
He had a few arm grabs and rushes out of the line at bad moments, but he was still the best backrower at the club (given Parker played prop). He has talent to be at the very top, but needs the silly stuff coached out of him, and I think Bennett is just the guy to do that...

1. Boyd
2. Vidot
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Gillett
15. Oates
16. Gavet
17. Garbutt

The signing of Blair also does wonders for our Black to White player ratio, which is key to winning a premiership.

8 Black players
9 White players

If Garbutt is anything like Andrew, I would be very happy.

Obviously Andrew has some problems, but when he was in form, how many players could stop him in his tracks?

I doubt Garbutt would be like that in his first year, but I think he will be one of the fan favourites by the end of the year. He is a good one, it just took him a while to sort out the issues in his game.

Ever since he did, he has been a far better forward. He has been great in the ISC.

I have a feeling he didn't remain in the Storm squad because he signed with Broncos. Bellamy would have preferred to bring up one of their younger forwards rather than help develop ours.

Last edited:
If Garbutt really ups his game I'd love to see him as a starter. . Less of an impact player but would complement Maguire's strengths. .

1. Boyd
2. Vidot
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Copley
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Maguire
9. Macca
10. Garbutt
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Oates
15. Gavet
16. Blair
17. Gillett

I think the team will see in round one will be:

1. Boyd
2. Vidot
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Copley
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker (C)

14. Gillett
15. Garbutt
16. Gavet
17. Oates

Certainly a pretty strong, all round balanced team. I think we've got a good mix of youth, experience, size, aggression, strength, mobility and speed. Parker at lock is only a good thing, as he'll be playing 80 mins once again, while Thaiday will be back to his edge.

I think Thaiday has coped a lot of flack from BHQ members, but I think it is a little unfair, especially since he hasn't actually played on the edge since 2011. Although he hasn't had much impact attacking wise at prop or lock, his defence has been quite good. He's made a heap of tackles which goes somewhat unnoticed. I remember times throughout the season that he was just chopping blokes in half one on one.

I wouldn't discount Whitchurch managing to sneak into the backline somewhere, maybe instead of Vidot

Last edited:
I wouldn't discount Whitchurch managing to sneak into the backline somewhere, maybe instead of Vidot

Whitchurch is rubbish in the backline. Perhaps his future lies in the backrow. That's just my opinion though. He's certainly big enough

Active Now

• Evander
  • Wild Horse
  • barker
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • porouian
  • Howie
  • Foordy
  • Manofoneway
  • Cobra Kai
  • leish107
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.