Broncos - 2015 Discussion

I don't get how everybody see's Garbutt as a automatic inclusion in their 2015 team. He has never played in the NRL but people on here rate him and have probably never seen him play. lol. Big step from Qcup to NRL. Hope he goes the opportunity to play but don't put the cart in front of the horse.:clap2:

I don't get how everybody see's Garbutt as a automatic inclusion in their 2015 team. He has never played in the NRL but people on here rate him and have probably never seen him play. lol. Big step from Qcup to NRL. Hope he goes the opportunity to play but don't put the cart in front of the horse.:clap2:

By the way, he has played NRL for the Melbourne, all be it 9 games.

Garbutt was looking the goods in his limited experience playing in the NRL . He strung a few consecutive games together for Melbourne, before getting relegated to QLD cup following his signing to the Broncos. He has the talent and work ethic to become a regular first grader, and by the looks of it, he'll be a very a good one too.

Last edited:
If Garbutt is anything like Andrew, I would be very happy.

Obviously Andrew has some problems, but when he was in form, how many players could stop him in his tracks?

I doubt Garbutt would be like that in his first year, but I think he will be one of the fan favourites by the end of the year.

Fifita has a huge motor which is what makes him so good, hopefully Garbutt is the type of prop that can handle big minutes and still be hitting as hard as his first hit-up at the end of it. Doesn't have to happen straight away though, but a breakout year from a prop for us would be a nice change and rather refreshing having two purpose built props starting in 8 & 10 and not guys who should be playing in their preferred positions.

all be it

Albeit :spy:

Last edited:
this is how i think we'll look come round 1

1. Boyd
2. Vidot
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Copley
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker (C)

14. Glenn
15. Oates
16. Dodds
17. Gavet

Nice team matty.

It'll be interesting to see what the make-up is of our team, whether Bennett starts Glenn or Gillett, whether Copley is in the centres or on the wing, whether Garbutt gets first crack on the bench or not.

These are what I think are the certainties of next years team -

1. Darius Boyd
2. __________
3. __________
4. Justin Hodges
5. __________
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Adam Blair
11. __________
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. __________
15. Corey Oates
16. James Gavet
17. __________

Garbutt was looking the goods in his limited experience playing in the NRL . He strung a few consecutive games together for Melbourne, before getting relegated to QLD cup following his signing to the Broncos. He has the talent and work ethic to become a regular first grader, and by the looks of it, he'll be a very a good one too.

He only played 6 game this season and wasn't at Easts for signing with Brisbane he was injured and coming back and never got back into the Storm side after round 13.

3 games the year before after round 14.

THE GOOD AND BAD NEWS FOR EVERY NRL SIDE'S TILT AT PREMIERSHIP GLORY IN 2015:
BRISBANE
The good: Wayne Bennett's return to Red Hill. If anyone can return the Broncos to the perennial powerhouse they once were the seven-time premiership coach can. With Anthony Milford to join Ben Hunt in the halves they could thrill again.
The bad: Look vulnerable up front and still rely heavily on veterans Justin Hodges, Corey Parker and Sam Thaiday.
Gains: Darius Boyd, Adam Blair, Greg Eden, Mitch Garbutt, James Gavet, Anthony Milford, Matt Parcell, Travis Waddell
Losses: Ben Barba, Jake Granville, David Hala, Ben Hannant, Josh Hoffman, Martin Kennedy, Duncan Paia'Aua, Jharal Yow Yeh

Snapshot on your NRL side's hopes in 2015

this is how i think we'll look come round 1

1. Boyd
2. Vidot
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Copley
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker (C)

14. Glenn
15. Oates
16. Dodds
17. Gavet

No Garbutt?

He only played 6 game this season and wasn't at Easts for signing with Brisbane he was injured and coming back and never got back into the Storm side after round 13.

3 games the year before after round 14.

I stand corrected. Injury was the reason he went back to QLD Cup, but surely after he overcame his injury, Bellamy opted to play other forwards in his team, knowing that Garbutt was heading to the Broncos.

Watching those highlight videos.... Oh yeah

Geez I hope Hodgo doesn't hog every dummy half sprint opportunity next year.

How does everyone think we'll go in defence next year?

I'd throw execution in too because I've seen some of the dumbest things on a football field displayed by this team during the Griffin era.

Last edited:
There will be times where the Broncos will look like the Roosters, Rabbitohs, Bulldogs & Sea Eagles defending set after set repelling each wave of offense.

Then there will be times where line-speed won't be existent and the Broncos will get carved up in the ruck because Wayne doesn't like his teams wrestling.

I'm expecting 2015 to be a rocky ride with plenty of 'I told you sos' being thrown around the board.

Looking at the training photos molo and dodds are looking physically a lot bigger than when we saw them last. could be primed for big years.

Looking at the training photos molo and dodds are looking physically a lot bigger than when we saw them last. could be primed for big years.

I really hope Dodds has a decent year, have meet him a few times and he is a nice kid. Was not cocky at all which was refreshing, still remains the best hitter we have in the team.

There's been a lot of negativity surrounding our signings for 2015. Always looking for a positive spin on things, I think it will be good for perspective to list the players we're excited to NOT see play for us this year...I'll start.

Josh Hoffman
Martin Kennedy
Peter Wallace
A 33 year old Scotty Prince
Corey Norman
Gerard "flying knee" Beale
Dave Taylor

Last edited:
There will be times where the Broncos will look like the Roosters, Rabbitohs, Bulldogs & Sea Eagles defending set after set repelling each wave of offense.

Then there will be times where line-speed won't be existent and the Broncos will get carved up in the ruck because Wayne doesn't like his teams wrestling.

I'm expecting 2015 to be a rocky ride with plenty of 'I told you sos' being thrown around the board.

That will go both ways

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Manofoneway
  • broncoscope
  • Morepudding
  • Justwin
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • mieko
  • sooticus
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosgirl
  • bert_lifts
  • Turks85
  • Galah
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.