Broncos - 2015 Discussion

I'm going to admit I was wrong (again) and throw a bit of love out to an unlikely player. Todd Lowrie

Superb post, Morkel. Agree 100%. Have always rated Lowrie. Anyone who doesn't rate him needs to watch the 2012 Grand Final again - absolutely outstanding. I think because he wasn't utilised properly (give him as many minutes as possible to shore up the side defensively) and because he's not a "fancy" or "flashy" player (like Gillett) pretty much guarantees he won't get much of a wrap on here.

K was the exception, not the rule.

2015 is a brand new season, to justify selection based on past standards is silly. The Broncos need to be better than that and Kodi has got to improve dramatically in order to be worth an extended shot.

I doubt he has it in him.

K was the exception, not the rule.

2015 is a brand new season, to justify selection based on past standards is silly. The Broncos need to be better than that and Kodi has got to improve dramatically in order to be worth an extended shot.

I doubt he has it in him.

That's true but it works both ways, Big Pete. There are plenty of players in the squad who are going ok. Not good or great - just doing what they need. The bare minimum in some cases from my arm-chair. I think that's been the culture of the club the last few years. Past standards should apply to established players as well as up and comers, I think.

I thought Lowrie's best game was when he started at lock for us against the Wests Tigers. True he wasn't used this year well and to be fair it is hard enough to fit in our 4 rep back rowers to start with. Problem is how do you fit him in with the other 4 and Oates?

That's true but it works both ways, Big Pete. There are plenty of players in the squad who are going ok. Not good or great - just doing what they need. The bare minimum in some cases from my arm-chair. I think that's been the culture of the club the last few years. Past standards should apply to established players as well as up and comers, I think.

Absolutely but if I read somebody try to give Anthony Milford a free pass on a string of bad performances because 'he's no worse than Hoffman' then I'd have no issue with them getting rubbished.

That settles it for me. . Jordan Kahu is our fullback

Funny that coaches never complain about burnout with their training methods.

@TonyWebeck: I'll be stunned if Jordan Kahu isn't named at fullback for the Broncos in Rd 1, only guy catching bombs at training this morning.

Jesus, that doesn't sound good at all. Not the Kahu at fullback thing (I don't mind that), but the unable to catch bombs thing. Dropley and Dropdot.

Jesus, that doesn't sound good at all. Not the Kahu at fullback thing (I don't mind that), but the unable to catch bombs thing. Dropley and Dropdot.

It depends how you read it.

It could mean everyone else was dropping bombs

Or it could mean that Kahu was the only one they kicking bombs to.

Or maybe Copley and Vidot were never in the running for the fullback spot so he isn't counting them?

only guy catching bombs at training this morning.

That sounds like everyone else was dropping them to me. Unless they did single Kahu out and forgot about the rest.

Most of the team are looking very fit with a couple exceptions - Hodges and Thaiday. Thaiday is carrying a lot of weight still - more so than last season.

Gillett looks fit as!

It appears Foordy read it right - Kahu was the only player tested.

At least we know who views the glass half full.

Bretto said:
Most of the team are looking very fit with a couple exceptions - Hodges and Thaiday. Thaiday is carrying a lot of weight still - more so than last season.

I reckon they're all looking fit.

Thaiday only just returned from his delayed break and there was a thread a week or so back regarding how fit he's looking.

Hodgo may not look fit, but he's enjoying a much better pre-season compared to last by virtue of not dealing with a ruptured Achilles.

Last edited:

Kahu is the only one taking them not the only one catching them.

Gillett looks fit as!

Were you there at training or are there photos some where?

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Lazza
  • Jazza
  • broncsgoat
  • Fitzy
  • Spooky1013
  • Alec
  • GCBRONCO
  • davidp
  • phoenix
  • Wolfie
  • Smokin' Joe
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Xzei
  • azza.79
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.