Broncos - 2015 Discussion

Anyone else here think that Milford will benefit greatly in attack at 5/8 under the new rule change. A bit more space and retreating defensive line

Anyone else here think that Milford will benefit greatly in attack at 5/8 under the new rule change. A bit more space and retreating defensive line
Yep, and I also think it'll benefit our team because, while our defensive patterns have been bog ordinary the last few years, our scramble defence has been pretty good.

What rule change?

10946333_1544990235768561_111252380_n.jpg

Thaiday is in the middle. Does this mean something?

Hodgo is in the middle too...

Boyd out of the moon boot?

I'm feeling excited.
The most boring form of cricket is on, one day cricket, but the footy is just around the corner

Provided it's enforced properly, I'll think we'll benefit the most from it than any other team in the comp. Our pack is mobile with good off loaders (Parker, Blair, Gillet, McQuire, Garbutt), whilst having the ability to play big minutes. The change will hurt the biggest packs the most because it will speed up the play the ball.

The Storm, Roosters, Rabbits, and Dogs are fucked if this is actually enforced properly, which is obviously the best thing to come from the change.

Well we should be well ad versed in the rules because we are very sloppy in the ruck control compared to a lot of other teams so its business as usual for us. Some teams mentioned above will struggle big time with the rules (I can see a Dessie/Bellamy whinge coming right now). Smaller mobile packs might be the way to go if its enforced as they are generally the fitter of the packs and can move more freely around the park. Dummy halfs are also going to have a field day with quick scoots. Segeyaro could finish top try score this year

Provided it's enforced properly, I'll think we'll benefit the most from it than any other team in the comp. Our pack is mobile with good off loaders (Parker, Blair, Gillet, McQuire, Garbutt), whilst having the ability to play big minutes. The change will hurt the biggest packs the most because it will speed up the play the ball.

The Storm, Roosters, Rabbits, and Dogs are fucked if this is actually enforced properly, which is obviously the best thing to come from the change.

Didn't they try something like this last year? pinging teams in the ruck?

If I remember correctly it lasted about 3 rounds in which us and the dragons looked great because we were shit in the ruck anyway, but then the storm got pinged all game and bellamy bitched and whinged and got his own way so the stopped doing it?

This rule change won't last past round 5 because the NRL are piss weak.

Don't know whether this means anything but Justin Hodges and Sam Thaiday are in the middle front row of the team photo shoot. Is that were the captain and co-captain.

Last edited:
Don't know whether this means anything but Justin Hodges and Sam Thaiday are in the middle front row of the team photo shoot. Is that were the captain and co-captain.

They isn't going to be co-captains. It most likely means that one of them is captain

The Storm, Roosters, Rabbits, and Dogs are ****ed if this is actually enforced properly, which is obviously the best thing to come from the change.

Hang on ,,, when did we sign Blair??? before or after we knew about the interpretation change.....(hey I thought I'd get it in before the usual trolls)......lol

All defenders having to release immediately with a held call instead of releasing one at a time. Attempt at wrestle elimination
Sounds like a great rule, but based on last season, I have no faith in it being policed over the entire season.

Milford will, but I think they main beneficiaries will be teams with sharp hookers. I feel the most profound effect will be that markers won't be in position so quick scoots out of dummy half will do some real damage, particularly if they have support runners. Hopefully that's where Milford comes into it.

Quicker play the ball would benefit McCullough. Not his passing, but his scooting. He's great at it, and stuff like the Nines last year was perfect for it too.

Active Now

• azza.79
  • Harry Sack
  • bert_lifts
  • Jedhead
  • KateBroncos1812
  • RolledOates
  • Wolfie
  • BroncsNBundy
  • YeahNahMate
  • Dreaglor
  • broncsgoat
  • thenry
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncos4life
  • Bronx48
  • NSW stables
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.