Broncos - 2015 Discussion

Jesus, that doesn't sound good at all. Not the Kahu at fullback thing (I don't mind that), but the unable to catch bombs thing. Dropley and Dropdot.

That's so negative and so terrible to call the professional athletes, your team members, such stupid names. You have a go

I don't know if that photo is from this year, but if it is then Thaiday still has that gut...

Looks recent, within the last week.

I don't think Thaiday looks that bad tbh, his gut was bigger at the four nations, he could still stand to lose another 5 kilos or so.. but yeah, he's looking to be on the right track.

I can't recall Thaiday looking much better than that, ever... he has always had the gut, although last year was ridiculous!

I will admit, he does look a bit slimmer in that photo.

I'm getting the feeling that Thaiday will be one of those people that will always have a bit of a gut no matter what they do.

Last edited:
Imagine what he'll be like post footy...holy Darryl Brohmann

TBH, I've seen him a number of times in the street, shopping centres etc. and he looks nowhere near as bad. Those skin tight jerseys are a ****

Dunno if it has been mentioned yet, I think it was Tallis who yesterday said on the radio that Parker was out of the captaincy race, and it's between Thaiday and Hodges. He said Hodges was the most likely option (Bennett wants him), but all the players like Thaiday. Also Ben Hunt is being groomed for future captain.

It's interesting. . Hodges to me is the natural captain, but if this is his last year then I think it's a waste giving it to him. . Thaiday to me isn't really a good option and Hunt is obviously the future (not ready yet) if Hodges has two more years in him, that's my call.

Players were asked to write down their opinion on camp.

In my opinion Parker should be captain no questions asked. He is the obvious choice among all the contenders. A clear winner in my eyes.

I can't see why all of a sudden quite a few people want Hodges as captain. I remember that most people believed Parker should of been captain after Lockyer's retirement instead of Thaiday, but now people want Hodges.

Hodges is one of the leaders in the team, but he shouldn't be captain. Vice captain for sure, but not actual captain in my opinion.

I have absolutely nothing against Hodges being captain, it's just that he plays a grand total of about 6 freaking games a year.

I've got huge problems with Thaiday being captain though, he gets such a massive free ride everywhere that it's disgusting.

I heard they did this before Thaiday got the job. Parker scored very low (if you know what I mean) - apparently you were allowed to vote for yourself ...

Sorry- on the phone. This was in reply to 1910 about players being asked to write down their opinion.

Last edited:
Hodges will be captain.

Hodges would make a good captain. With Bennett's guidance and no more co-captain rubbish, he will shine in the position.

Most of the team are looking very fit with a couple exceptions - Hodges and Thaiday. Thaiday is carrying a lot of weight still - more so than last season.

Gillett looks fit as!

And he still wants to be captain?

**** off.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Fitzy
  • Spooky1013
  • Alec
  • broncsgoat
  • GCBRONCO
  • davidp
  • phoenix
  • Wolfie
  • Smokin' Joe
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Xzei
  • azza.79
  • Gaz
  • bb_gun
  • scobie
  • Financeguy
  • Behind enemy lines
  • FACTHUNT
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.