Broncos 2020 Squad

Boyd is done mate. Darius may still have a contract and he may also still want to keep playing but the reality of the situation is that barring injury to other players there really is no place for him in the top 17 that we need him to play this year.

He is essentially surplus to requirements and at best a serviceable gap filler. We should not be compromising the team to just fit him in especially at the cost of not giving our youth players opportunities.

Last edited:
Not a gee up....

I can actually seriously see this happening now.

Boyd can't play wing. He'd have to play centre. Left centre is where he has been training..

Boyd has that pass to Oates on his left as a play to use.

Oates will stay on the left.

Bird prefers left centre. Will get the best out of his price tag on the left.

Coates is having a good off season and the way he scored that try and almost try last year (on the right wing) - with new rule change - Coates is front runner

Katoni. Yes he was a revelation last year at centre. . He's also shown he has utility value playing halfback in an international and I believe he's played Fullback too.

Staggs has the energy and just in your face hard scrap for everything mentality that he could make a decent stick of it off the bench in a roving / interchange role similar to the way we all thought Bird might be able to.

But IMO this is a win win for all the headaches.

Give Boyd the chance to prove himself whether that be to deserve a spot or prove he's a busted arse truly.. then make the switch if need be.

Did you consider that boyd cannot defend laterally, let alone anything infront of him? I need the steam roll gif in here.

Milf for first try scorer then Isaako. We gonna pile em on this year so everyone's gonna get a piece.
The other thing about Milford is he tends to score more tries at Suncorp Stadium. I think if he is running more this year with Cronk being there then it bodes well for him scoring more tries.

As much as I would love for Boyd to retire or be dropped, I can't see it happening.

For all the noise at the end of last season about how he was done and was going to reserve grade and was no longer captain etc, I have see zero indication that that is what is actually going to happen.

We are well into the pre-season with no change to captain. If Glenn was the obvious replacement, surely they would have made the announcement by now and give the team the pre-season to get used to it.

To me this means, we either have the same captain, or possibly even worse, we don't know who should be the replacement captain, or the coaches don't think there is a suitable replacement........which mean's we'll probably have the same captain.

This could be the deciding factor on whether Boyd starts next season. If no one else is putting their hand up, demanding the captaincy by their actions, then Boyd starts and keeps the role by default.

There seems to be a lot of second guessing and indecisiveness.

Depressing and frustrating.

Not a gee up....

I can actually seriously see this happening now.

Boyd can't play wing. He'd have to play centre. Left centre is where he has been training..

Boyd has that pass to Oates on his left as a play to use.

Oates will stay on the left.

Bird prefers left centre. Will get the best out of his price tag on the left.

Coates is having a good off season and the way he scored that try and almost try last year (on the right wing) - with new rule change - Coates is front runner

Katoni. Yes he was a revelation last year at centre. . He's also shown he has utility value playing halfback in an international and I believe he's played Fullback too.

Staggs has the energy and just in your face hard scrap for everything mentality that he could make a decent stick of it off the bench in a roving / interchange role similar to the way we all thought Bird might be able to.

But IMO this is a win win for all the headaches.

Give Boyd the chance to prove himself whether that be to deserve a spot or prove he's a busted arse truly.. then make the switch if need be.
Boyd has been training at centre because Staggs has been in the rehab group and has only just started to be able to run again this week.

Boyd has been training at centre because Staggs has been in the rehab group and has only just started to be able to run again this week.
Let me know where he trains when Katoni is back in the group [emoji1474] this only adds more fuel to the theory.. staggs will be underdone

Apparently David Fifita well off the pace at training yesterday. Hopefully he pulls his head in and sorts things out before round 1. Source: Fox Sports

Who else is in the rehab group?

Apparently David Fifita well off the pace at training yesterday. Hopefully he pulls his head in and sorts things out before round 1. Source: Fox Sports
Yep, way off the pace. Milf not far behind.

Good video.. clearly some words were had.

Takeaways from this:

"I threw up my ideas Seibs threw up his and we came to an agreement"

"Brodie will take control of the team and I will create and finish off opportunities"

"I need to take a step back"

"Go back to how I was playing my best footy"

This is good. Amongst all the cliches, I think the above is what is really being said.

Seibold is making Brodie Croft the game manager for sure and that would have been promised to Brodie in the meeting they had in Sydney.

Milford will probably go close to reaching his 2015 form now he's fit, playing the role he was "brought here to play".

He's agreeing that he's on notice to perform. Coach likely asked him to justify his price tag and Milford probably told it like it is... that for some time he hasn't had the right half beside him to play the game he was signed to play.

Perhaps, now he can.

Takeaways from this:

"Brodie will take control of the team and I will create and finish off opportunities"

This is good. Amongst all the cliches, I think the above is what is really being said.

Seibold is making Brodie Croft the game manager for sure and that would have been promised to Brodie in the meeting they had in Sydney.

Milford will probably go close to reaching his 2015 form now he's fit, playing the role he was "brought here to play".

He's agreeing that he's on notice to perform. Coach likely asked him to justify his price tag and Milford probably told it like it is... that for some time he hasn't had the right half beside him to play the game he was signed to play.

Perhaps, now he can.

The sharing of the kicking duties will be key. Milford is too good with the boot now to not be chiming in - Croft can be the main guy in that regard, and Turpin and even Isaako can chip in when appropriate. Such a luxury to have those options - use them!

Takeaways from this:

Perhaps, now he can.
That was really flat. Didn't even crack a smile. I'm loathed to read too much into it but he doesn't look happy. Is this what he's always been like?

Last edited:

Active Now

• marw
  • Manofoneway
  • Fozz
  • HVbronco
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Cavalo
  • jarro65
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.