Broncos 2020 Squad

I say we stop with the Staggs on the bench bullshit, it makes little sense to use one of most damaging players in a bit part role. If Boyd has to be in the side, it's on the wing.
How is it bullshit though? It is just as valid a prediction as Boyd (C)

How is it bullshit though? It is just as valid a prediction as Boyd (C)
Because it seems silly to have him in a bit part role when he's easily one of our more damaging backs. Just because he can cover all positions from the bench, it doesn't mean he should. Put him in his preferred spot and let him shine.

Because it seems silly to have him in a bit part role when he's easily one of our more damaging backs. Just because he can cover all positions from the bench, it doesn't mean he should. Put him in his preferred spot and let him shine.
That would be ideal.

Just I think the coach will go with Boyd to start the season.

Katoni isn't even part of the main squad yet from reports

That would be ideal.

It is entirely possible Seibold will go with Boyd, and I still think it would be a stupid decision. It doesn't really help us or Kotoni to be a jack of all trades.

Unofficial 2020 Depth Chart (Just my thoughts - not predictions):

First String / Second String / Third String etc

Fullback: Isaako / Niu / Arthars / Boyd
Left Wing: Oates / Arthars / Coates / Kahu
Left Centre: Bird / Boyd / Kahu
Right Centre: Staggs / Perese / Arthars
Right Wing: Farnworth / Boyd / Perese / Kennar
Five-Eight: Milford / Paix / O'Sullivan
Halfback: Croft / Dearden / O'Sullivan
Prop 1: Lodge / Flegler / Kennedy
Hooker: Turpin / McCullough / Paix
Prop 2: Haas / Offahengaue / Kennedy
Left Second Row: Glenn / TPJ / Palasia / Hopoate
Right Second Row: Fifita / TPJ / Hopoate / Palasia
Lock: Carrigan / Offahengaue / TPJ

Last edited:

Right: Farnworth / Boyd / Perese / Kennar

We all know Boyd will get first crack at the right wing, TPJ will probably also get first crack at lock, but your side is what I would prefer, Farnworth is a better winger than Darius, Carrigan is a better lock than TPJ.

That would be ideal.

firstly it is Kotoni

secondly, it is a bit hard to be part of the main squad when you're injured ... he is in the recovery group

It is entirely possible Seibold will go with Boyd, and I still think it would be a stupid decision. It doesn't really help us or Kotoni to be a jack of all trades.
Apologies for misspelling his name again popo's

Kotoni.

He is aggressive with the ball. Great fend and quick.. could be a strike weapon off the bench to keep Turpin fresh.

I'd actually prefer Boyd left Centre and Macca off the field then have Boyd wasting a wing spot that he isn't suited to and Macca being close to the side.

firstly it is Kotoni

secondly, it is a bit hard to be part of the main squad when you're injured ... he is in the recovery group
My point exactly [emoji2369]

He isn't out there right now forming combinations in the most important part of the season for training.

Its just my prediction.. not my desire.

And I don't understand why everyone is personally offended at the mear mentioning of the concept.

Right Wing: Farnworth / Boyd / Perese / Kennar
That's looking pretty well balanced

no ... but you do pick the team on balance ... which is why Glenn starting with TPJ providing impact of the bench is whats best for the side IMO.

I think TPJ provides more impact playing 80 minutes in the second row. I don't get how having someone with less attacking threat is better for the balance of the side? TPJ was arguably the form second rower in the comp last year when he was playing 80.

I don't recall TPJ's defence being much of an issue, seems like a meme to justify shoe horning Glenn into the side in my opinion.

EDIT: Well Fifita was the form 2rf, but TPJ was close to him.

Last edited:
I think TPJ provides more impact playing 80 minutes in the second row. I don't get how having someone with less attacking threat is better for the balance of the side? TPJ was arguably the form second rower in the comp last year when he was playing 80.

I don't recall TPJ's defence being much of an issue, seems like a meme to justify shoe horning Glenn into the side in my opinion.

EDIT: Well Fifita was the form 2rf, but TPJ was close to him.

a bench of Flegler, Glenn and Ofahengaue offers little to no impact ... none of them are explosive players like TPJ.

and if we need someone to come on and either lift the intensity or maintain our current momentum, then TPJ is much better at doing that than Glenn is...

besides, IMO, it is better having TPJ come on against tired players, rather than have his impact blunted by starting.

start TPJ and all of our explosive/impact players are in the starting side, with not much of that on the bench ... that is unbalanced.

people need to get out of the mindset of thinking it is a 13 man game ... it is a 17 man game and having the bench right is vitally important to a teams success ...

even if TPJ starts from the bench, there is no rule saying we can't still play him for 50-60 mins

As we don't really have a stand out choice for captain next year is it possible that we may go a multi captain option?

Example: Glenn or Lodge in the Fowards
Croft in the halves
Bird in the backs.

It might work well - not heaping all the pressure on one particular player. We'd have a leader steering and motivating the side in all areas.

Just thoughts.

I think glenn + who ever is identified as a long term option for the C.

Wouldn't have even entertained the idea 6 months ago, but if Milford's work ethic and commitment this off-season translates to the field, he'll be a genuine captaincy option.

Milford & Glenn co-captains perhaps.

Active Now

• Dash
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Tim K
  • IceWorks
  • Gympie devil
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • The True King
  • Broncosgirl
  • Behold
  • broncoscope
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.