Broncos 2020 Squad

Thanks for that.

About sprinting, and sprinting at training .. I would have thought that the coaching staff would have done sprint training and kept times?
They would, just not over 100 metres. It's not as game-relevant as shorter sprints. From a stationary start you're pretty much up to full speed by 40 metres and rarely do players ever get to their top speeds in a match anyway.

Yep. Left centre.

Staggs off the bench

Seriously? Staggs off the bench? To replace who exactly? Boyd? - the fittest player in the squad (so they say)? What a waste of (a) a star, and (b) a bench spot.

With Bird and Staggs in the side, I cannot for the life of me see why one would want to break up such a dangerous centre pairing.
[automerge]1578743531[/automerge]
They would, just not over 100 metres. It's not as game-relevant as shorter sprints. From a stationary start you're pretty much up to full speed by 40 metres and rarely do players ever get to their top speeds in a match anyway.

Well then, my original question remains. I'd like to know player times over the 40 or 50 :happy:

Last edited:
Alex Glenn has moved up to Brisbane from the Gold Coast, very surprising as he loved loving on the GC. I'm definitely speculating but it could be because he will need to be in Brisbane more due to being the new captain
Or it might be he has some pla ns post career in Brisbane too. Im not sure what he has planned post career but unless its coaching Brisbane might have a few more doors open to him and I'm thinking he is getting to old for the party life style the coast is famous for. Plus it's easier to travel at the end of the day. That counts when your not earning mega bucks anymore and have family commitments.

Alex Glenn has moved up to Brisbane from the Gold Coast, very surprising as he loved loving on the GC. I'm definitely speculating but it could be because he will need to be in Brisbane more due to being the new captain
Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up doing some work for Broncos and maybe more work for Mazda as well. He seems pretty involved there as an ambassador or whatever he is.

Sometimes I see threads and I wonder just how they got so off topic. So back to the 2020 Squad guys, this topic is best suited in a GT thread.

Sometimes I see threads and I wonder just how they got so off topic. So back to the 2020 Squad guys, this topic is best suited in a GT thread.

this could be the furthest off topic a thread has ever been on BHQ. What an achievement.

1.Issako
2.Oates
3.Boyd
4.Bird
5.Perese
6.Milford
7.Croft
8.Lodge
9.Turpin
10.Haas
11.Fifita
12.Glenn
13.TPJ
14.Macca
15.Staggs
16.Carrigan
17.Flegler

I really like this team and this is what I hope to see round 1. Macca and Boyd will be in it no matter what so this is what I would like to see.

1.Issako
2.Oates
3.Boyd
4.Bird
5.Perese
6.Milford
7.Croft
8.Lodge
9.Turpin
10.Haas
11.Fifita
12.Glenn
13.TPJ
14.Macca
15.Staggs
16.Carrigan
17.Flegler

I really like this team and this is what I hope to see round 1. Macca and Boyd will be in it no matter what so this is what I would like to see.

Staggs absolutely has to be center ... no if's or but's

1.Issako
2.Oates
3.Boyd
4.Bird
5.Perese
6.Milford
7.Croft
8.Lodge
9.Turpin
10.Haas
11.Fifita
12.Glenn
13.TPJ
14.Macca
15.Staggs
16.Carrigan
17.Flegler

I am interested on what people think our second row should be. I think tightening up the edge back rowers defensively is really important this year. For this reason, I am thinking Carrigan and Glenn. Fifita off the bench, especially if his fitness levels aren't there at the start of the year.

Last edited:
I say we stop with the Staggs on the bench bullshit, it makes little sense to use one of most damaging players in a bit part role. If Boyd has to be in the side, it's on the wing.
Yes, I think Staggs back end of the year last year means he deserves his spot. The question is which side he and bird play. I'd have Bird on the left and Staggs on the right.

Yes, I think Staggs back end of the year last year means he deserves his spot. The question is which side he and bird play. I'd have Bird on the left and Staggs on the right.

Staggs has a much better fend then Bird. Need to put him on the side that suits his stiff arm.

Found our new winger..

Imagine if he invokes a bit of bball and sets a moving screen someone mid air. RIP.

1.Issako
2.Oates
3.Boyd
4.Bird
5.Perese
6.Milford
7.Croft
8.Lodge
9.Turpin
10.Haas
11.Fifita
12.Glenn
13.TPJ
14.Macca
15.Staggs
16.Carrigan
17.Flegler

I am interested on what people think our second row should be. I think tightening up the edge back rowers defensively is really important this year. For this reason, I am thinking Carrigan and Glenn. Fifita off the bench, especially if his fitness levels aren't there at the start of the year.

Our second row should be: 11. Fifita, 12. TPJ, 13. Carrigan. You don't pick the team around the captain imo.

Unread

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • teampjta
  • Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.