11. Carrigan
12. Fifita
13. Glenn

14. Offa
15. TPJ
16. Flegler
17 Bird

x2
None of the plodders and a sprinkling of youth with x-factor in Bird and TPJ on the bench. Esp like Bird scything though the middle looking for tired forwards in the defensive line.
I'm guessing Lodge for captaincy? vice in Glenn

Can’t agree with Bird on the bench. He’s one of our best players when fit. Imo he starts no question. You can chuck one of those other backs on the bench for injury cover, Burd can shift into most spine positions if here’s an injury.

Pretty accurate, but consider this.

If you got a car over a 6-7 year loan and it was a very good car for the first 2-3 years and then progressively got worse to the point it was a lemon - overall, you would not be happy with it.

Human nature means that, for most people at least, the first few years that were good would be overshadowed by the final few years where it was unreliable, breaking down, faulty and just not performing how you’d expect.

The 2015 Boyd signing is that car, probably a 1990’s Jaguar (when it was new of course). Good while you have that 3 year, new car warranty, but you’ll hate yourself a little more each day thereafter for buying it.

EDIT:
Better still, it’s like buying that Jag on a 3 year loan with the intention of replacing it after that, only to refinance it for a further 4 years after that.

That would be the epitome of regret.

Didn't like the Jag very much did you?

Can’t agree with Bird on the bench. He’s one of our best players when fit. Imo he starts no question. You can chuck one of those other backs on the bench for injury cover, Burd can shift into most spine positions if here’s an injury.
Coming back from ACL. Like the idea of being closet to action off the bench than in the centres

Guys, at the risk of getting flamed, or worse still, have Wolfie wanting to wrap his overly large hands around my skinny neck and slowly wring it, I have been thinking lately with all this "Jai Arrow in hot demand" talk - did we pull the wrong rein in keeping Carrigan instead of Jai? I'm sure we could still have had Arrow with us, but probably would have had to let Patty go. My memory is most likely failing me, but I thought at the time it was basically a choice out of the 2 of them? I could be wrong though.

I dunno, but at the moment, you'd have to say Jai could very well turn out to be the better player. Am not saying Patty won't be great, but, Jai could be better. Am I wrong to be having a touch of regret that he is no longer playing for us instead of most likely for Uncle Wayne and his wascally wabbits?

Last edited:
Didn't like the Jag very much did you?
I’ve never had the displeasure of owning one, but every person I know that has has said the same thing.

Good cars while they’re on the road but the problem is, they don’t spend enough time on the road.

IIRC it was more a matter of Arrow vs McGuire, who at the time was the Australian & Origin lock, and also under contract. It would have been impossible to foresee us moving McGuire on when we did. And even if we had kept Arrow and punted Moose in order to save money, we now know it would have only been a temporary measure as Arrow looks to be commanding the same money, if not more now.

I personally think Arrow is great, I'm a big fan, but Carrigan looks like he'll be more loyal and willing to stay for reasonable money in future, while offering the same on-field and in a leadership sense.

Guys, at the risk of getting flamed, or worse still, have Wolfie wanting to wrap his overly large hands around my skinny neck and slowly wring it, I have been thinking lately with all this "Jai Arrow in hot demand" talk - did we pull the wrong rein in keeping Carrigan instead of Jai? I'm sure we could still have had Arrow with us, but probably would have had to let Patty go. My memory is most likely failing me, but I thought at the time it was basically a choice out of the 2 of them? I could be wrong though.

I dunno, but at the moment, you'd have to say Jai could very well turn out to be the better player. Am not saying Patty won't be great, but, Jai could be better. Am I wrong to be having a touch of regret that he is no longer playing for us instead of most likely for Uncle Wayne and his wascally wabbits?

Carrigan replacing Arrow was just kind of the thing that Broncos fans were telling themselves.

It’s pretty fair to assume seeing as Carrigan and Arrow are similar players and we had McGuire at lock.

We lost McGuire too so yeah, Arrow would have been perfect replacing him.

It was a big stuff up.
[automerge]1575540813[/automerge]
IIRC it was more a matter of Arrow vs McGuire, who at the time was the Australian & Origin lock, and also under contract. It would have been impossible to foresee us moving McGuire on when we did. And even if we had kept Arrow and punted Moose in order to save money, we now know it would have only been a temporary measure as Arrow looks to be commanding the same money, if not more now.

I personally think Arrow is great, I'm a big fan, but Carrigan looks like he'll be more loyal and willing to stay for reasonable money in future, while offering the same on-field and in a leadership sense.

I still think there would be room for Arrow and Carrigan in the side together.

Last edited:
Carrigan replacing Arrow was just kind of the thing that Broncos fans were telling themselves.

It’s pretty fair to assume seeing as Carrigan and Arrow are similar players and we had McGuire at lock.

We lost McGuire too so yeah, Arrow would have been perfect replacing him.

It was a big stuff up.
[automerge]1575540813[/automerge]

I still think there would be room for Arrow and Carrigan in the side together.

I'm not as sure TBH. There really is only one spot for a high workrate, big minute middle forward, and that's lock. Especially while we have the high-impact, big minute props in Haas and Lodge.

It's the same reason McGuire to the Cowboys made little sense. McGuire I do actually see as a legit prop, but he was played off the bench so often simply because Taumalolo is the same sort of player.

Ah fair enough Morks, yeah I couldn't remember 100% but you are most likely correct in saying it was a choice of Arrow or McGuire. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I must admit, Arrow has really come on in leaps and bounds and turned out much better than I originally thought he would.

Arrow called Jarrod Wallace a fat mess so he’s worth a million a season

The writing was on the wall when the Broncos signed Pangai Jr. Both were at a similar stage of their careers, but Pangai was a year younger and was considered the better prospect of the two. With Haas signing around the same time and Fifita coming through you could understand why the Broncos went in the direction they did. I will say I was disappointed when the Broncos announced the Korbin Sims signing because it appeared that Arrow wasn't going to be guaranteed a spot in the Top 17 for 2017 which is what ended up happening.

I still don't think there's been a definitive answer on Pangai Jr vs. Arrow. I will say that after McGuire's release, the #13 spot became a real weakness for the Broncos. They definitely could have used Arrow, but then again Pangai is only 24 and could come into his own this year since he's seemingly going to be pushed as a starter instead of being considered a bench player. That was one of the few changes Seibold made to the side and it backfired spectacularly, although I did see the merit into making Gillett into a ball-playing lock forward.

It's definitely premature

We didnt let Arrow go because we had Patty, we let him go because we had McGuire, TPJ and Joffa infront of him. Carrigan was still coming through and will be a replacement in time.

You don't keep two guns in one position paying them big dollars, you keep one and hope the rookie comes good to replace the gun when times up or you keep the gun and lose the rookie. Rinse, repeat for every position.

We didnt let Arrow go because we had Patty, we let him go because we had McGuire, TPJ and Joffa infront of him. Carrigan was still coming through and will be a replacement in time.

You don't keep two guns in one position paying them big dollars, you keep one and hope the rookie comes good to replace the gun when times up or you keep the gun and lose the rookie. Rinse, repeat for every position.
I honestly want us to offload Joffa. He seems grossly overpaid.

I honestly want us to offload Joffa. He seems grossly overpaid.
Well it's hard to say when we don't know his exact price. And if you consider most good forwards are $750k plus then isn't to bad .
I think he will be good for us he just needs consistency, was great before his injury and the team as a whole was average last year.

Active Now

• Loch Ness Monster
  • Harry Sack
  • kiwi2
  • Midean
  • Volvo Driver
  • Skathen
  • LittleDavey
  • Strop
  • Organix
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncos4life
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • Jedhead
  • eggstar10
  • Wolfie
  • Brocko
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
... and 59 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.