Broncos 2020 Squad

We couldn't afford to keep Jai and it would have probably unfair to hold him back as well at that point in his career. Id have liked to have kept him here personally. Really rate him.

We couldn't afford to keep Jai and it would have probably unfair to hold him back as well at that point in his career. Id have liked to have kept him here personally. Really rate him.
I'm a massive fan too. Kills me that he doesn't play for us, even if we do have other great players filling those roles now. If he does go to Sydney now, I could still see him coming back one day if Lodge decides a return to Sydney is what he wants too, perhaps even as a player swap.

Guys, at the risk of getting flamed, or worse still, have Wolfie wanting to wrap his overly large hands around my skinny neck and slowly wring it, I have been thinking lately with all this "Jai Arrow in hot demand" talk - did we pull the wrong rein in keeping Carrigan instead of Jai? I'm sure we could still have had Arrow with us, but probably would have had to let Patty go. My memory is most likely failing me, but I thought at the time it was basically a choice out of the 2 of them? I could be wrong though.

I dunno, but at the moment, you'd have to say Jai could very well turn out to be the better player. Am not saying Patty won't be great, but, Jai could be better. Am I wrong to be having a touch of regret that he is no longer playing for us instead of most likely for Uncle Wayne and his wascally wabbits?

nope ... because Carrigan's leadership will be invaluable for us, and gives him the edge over Arrow for me ...

not to mention Arrow's price tag is significantly higher

People also seem to be forgetting Arrows horrendous run with injuries.

I guess it aligns with TPJ's run of suspensions.... But still.

As a whole I was pissed when we lost him but at the same time, hindsight is a beautiful thing and our pack is nothing to cry poor at. We are in a great position and at the time it made sense to keep McGuire, TPJ etc.

I read a quote from Seibs saying that Dearden would be given first crack in the halves but I can seem to find the article now.

But does anyone see Seibold going for a halves pairing of Croft and Dearden with Milford at fullback?
Dearden has played five eight in the past so its possible that he could easily play more of a running role, with a roaming fullback in Milford to be able to inject himself into a play from both sides of the field, it seems like we could have a pretty dynamic spine.

I know that people on here will probably get salty with this part too but I just don't see Isaako as the full back we need. Im a big fan of him on the wing but I just dont think he is at a first grade standard at the back.

I read a quote from Seibs saying that Dearden would be given first crack in the halves but I can seem to find the article now.

But does anyone see Seibold going for a halves pairing of Croft and Dearden with Milford at fullback?
Dearden has played five eight in the past so its possible that he could easily play more of a running role, with a roaming fullback in Milford to be able to inject himself into a play from both sides of the field, it seems like we could have a pretty dynamic spine.

I know that people on here will probably get salty with this part too but I just don't see Isaako as the full back we need. Im a big fan of him on the wing but I just dont think he is at a first grade standard at the back.

Isaako has 2 massive positives at fb going for him though, his first name isnt Darius and his last name isn’t Boyd. Hard to look past that.

Last edited:
Isaako has 2 massive positives at fb going for him though, his first name isnt Darius and his last name isn’t Boyd. Hard to look past that.

Even buck the bronco would do a better job wherever Boyd is newly positioned come 2020.

Four.

first names not Anthony last names not Milford

Having Isaako at fullback is going to be even BETTER with this new 20/40 rule.

The defensive wingers are gonna have to stay back at all times in the opposition half you would think, which opens up holes for the attack to slip through

9E2B59ED 143D 41B3 87A6 6236E7622B23

Sounds about right
[automerge]1575618398[/automerge]
Does anyone know where Bird is training?

If Boyd and Bird are centres, where does that leave Staggs?

Doesn’t make sense.

Edit: I think Boyd will be wing

Last edited:
View attachment 6782

Sounds about right
[automerge]1575618398[/automerge]
Does anyone know where Bird is training?

If Boyd and Bird are centres, where does that leave Staggs?

Doesn’t make sense.

Edit: I think Boyd will be wing

Maybe bird really is on the way out?

With Greg and Sam gone, Wayne can probably afford Arrow and Bird.

Last edited:
Be nice to see how Issako has developed as a fullback. He probably deserves first shot. Still got a lot of doubts about him there, especially with his passing game but at the moment, we are fairly limited for options. Its his position to lose really.

All this talk about player x being signed or not signed ect just goes to show that most players are replaceable. On arrow specifically i am holding judgement. He was the best in an outfit of shit. Showed he has gumption but it also took a big toll injury wise. There is also that little caveat where good teams are not always switched on playing crap sides so the one player having a go shines. I need to see him playing in big contests to make a call. In origin he was good in his second stint bit his first was poor.

We could have a massive pack if we wanted

8. Lodge
10. Ofahengaue
11. Pangai
12. Fifita
13. Haas

That’s scary

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.