Broncos 2020 Squad

Wouldn't have even entertained the idea 6 months ago, but if Milford's work ethic and commitment this off-season translates to the field, he'll be a genuine captaincy option.

Milford & Glenn co-captains perhaps.

Nah, can't see it to be honest. Milf is way too introverted.

Nah, can't see it to be honest. Milf is way too introverted.

Not on the field and training paddock he isn't.

On the camera it's a different story but that's a small part of a captains job.

Only 1 month until the Nines start, we should win that tbh.. What would be our best 9?

Isaako, Farnworth, Bird, Staggs, Perese, Milford, Haas, Fifita, Pangai Jr

Something like this I'd imagine.

Only 1 month until the Nines start, we should win that tbh.. What would be our best 9?

Isaako, Farnworth, Bird, Staggs, Perese, Milford, Haas, Fifita, Pangai Jr

Something like this I'd imagine.
I'd swap bird for coates,no point taking risks with him.

Can we not send a side?

Last edited:
That totally isn't true, not for a club like Brisbane.
That’s the point Oates was making in an interview a while ago. He said that they have lots of leaders on the field but Darius is happy doing all the media crap and doesn’t get bothered by the negative stuff thrown around after a loss. So as far as Oates was concerned he was perfect for the job and took pressure off the team.
I think Glenn will be in the 17 and can handle the media as captain but we need others to really be empowered on the field to lay down the law whether Glenn is on the field or not.

That’s the point Oates was making in an interview a while ago. He said that they have lots of leaders on the field but Darius is happy doing all the media crap and doesn’t get bothered by the negative stuff thrown around after a loss. So as far as Oates was concerned he was perfect for the job and took pressure off the team.
I think Glenn will be in the 17 and can handle the media as captain but we need others to really be empowered on the field to lay down the law whether Glenn is on the field or not.

I feel like Matt Lodge and Brodie Croft will be the guys directing and leading from the front this year.

I feel like Matt Lodge and Brodie Croft will be the guys directing and leading from the front this year.
Yep. I agree. The captaincy can be a figurehead position for the sake of publicity and Glenn can do that whether he is in the run on side or not and Lodge and Croft can run the side on the field.

I dont think people who are picking Perese on the right wing have seen him play much. He is very much a player who likes the left side. The right wing is a straight shoot out between Boyd, Farnworth and Kahu imo, and maybe Issako if he stinks it up at fullback. Possibly Arthars as well.

As it stands, i think the team Seibs will pick for round one ( not the team i'd pick ) is going to be. I dont think its going to matter too much on how they go in the trials, which i think is a worry.

1 Issako
2 Oates
3 Bird
4 Staggs
5 Boyd
6 Milf
7 Croft
8 Lodge
9 Turpin
10 Haas
11 Glenn
12 Fifita
13 TPJ

14 Macca
15 Flegler
16 Joffa
17 Carrigan

I will get murdered for this....... However this dawned on me. Boyd is only on 400 next year (reported). If he can have a decent year on the wing and not stink it up while helping to bring the young boys into experience with knowledge and a rotating roster....it could benefit us long term. He would certainly be able to teach them something football wise from experience before he retires.

Even if he plays SOME ISC or sits out a week or two here and there to bring on the young guys - i can live with this and see benefits to getting value out of our 700k. Have to turn it into gold somehow.

Last edited:
Not sure the rest of the board realizes all these guys were raving sexual deviants.
[/QUO
a bench of Flegler, Glenn and Ofahengaue offers little to no impact ... none of them are explosive players like TPJ.

and if we need someone to come on and either lift the intensity or maintain our current momentum, then TPJ is much better at doing that than Glenn is...

besides, IMO, it is better having TPJ come on against tired players, rather than have his impact blunted by starting.

start TPJ and all of our explosive/impact players are in the starting side, with not much of that on the bench ... that is unbalanced.

people need to get out of the mindset of thinking it is a 13 man game ... it is a 17 man game and having the bench right is vitally important to a teams success ...

even if TPJ starts from the bench, there is no rule saying we can't still play him for 50-60 mins
This. There is also the fact that TPJ can be found wanting in defence and this is negated partly if he is coming on fresh against tired players.
Also looking at squads people are playing staggs off the bench. Would this means he slots into the centre and gives bird/oates a go at 2nd row? Im pretty certain we need to rest fifita during the game. I'd be interested which of those two would be preferred to play it.
Im quite keen to see how bird would go amongst the forwards personally as he could really be dangerous coming into the role late match, with his game presence, offloads etc. On the other hand Oates will eventually end up there anyway and can keep momentum going with quick play-the-balls.

I dont think people who are picking Perese on the right wing have seen him play much. He is very much a player who likes the left side. The right wing is a straight shoot out between Boyd, Farnworth and Kahu imo, and maybe Issako if he stinks it up at fullback. Possibly Arthars as well.

As it stands, i think the team Seibs will pick for round one ( not the team i'd pick ) is going to be. I dont think its going to matter too much on how they go in the trials, which i think is a worry.

1 Issako
2 Oates
3 Bird
4 Staggs
5 Boyd
6 Milf
7 Croft
8 Lodge
9 Turpin
10 Haas
11 Glenn
12 Fifita
13 TPJ

14 Macca
15 Flegler
16 Joffa
17 Carrigan

out of interet, what team would you pick ...

for me the only change to that side that i would make would be to swap Carrigan and TPJ

Broncos posted a story on socials and it shows at appears to be Xavier Coates still having absolutely no idea how to defend. Don't think we will see much of him in 2020.

out of interet, what team would you pick ...

for me the only change to that side that i would make would be to swap Carrigan and TPJ

1 Bird
2 Oates
3 Perese/Boyd/Arthars
4 Staggs
5 Farnworth
6 Milford
7 Croft
8 Lodge
9 Turpin
10 Haas
11 TPJ
12 Fifita
13 Carrigan

14 Macca
15 Joffa
16 Flegler
17 Glenn

I think we have a real weakness at left center tbh, so despite the team I picked, I'd probably have to play Bird there and Issako fullback.

Broncos posted a story on socials and it shows at appears to be Xavier Coates still having absolutely no idea how to defend. Don't think we will see much of him in 2020.
I agree that it didn't look great but in his defense, it was 2 on one and in that case, the defending winger will always take the attacking centre. Not too much else he could do with his inside defender stuck on the passer.

To be fair that clearly wasn't his defensive error, he had to follow his centre in.

I agree that it didn't look great but in his defense, it was 2 on one and in that case, the defending winger will always take the attacking centre. Not too much else he could do with his inside defender stuck on the passer.
I dunno, he was in no mans land, ran in and wasn't in a position to tackle anyone. Bloke is the worst defender I think I have seen play NRL. Boyd might miss all his tackles and take a knee, but he is at least in the right spot where he should have made the tackle.
[automerge]1578966959[/automerge]
He was running with his back towards the attacking team and did a little balarina twirl lol.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Morkel
  • Galah
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • bazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.