10 Haas
11 TPJ
12 Fifita
13 Carrigan

14 Macca
15 Joffa
16 Flegler
17 Glenn

I think we have a real weakness at left center tbh, so despite the team I picked, I'd probably have to play Bird there and Issako fullback.

No room for Jamayne @Wolfie?

Last edited:
I dont think people who are picking Perese on the right wing have seen him play much. He is very much a player who likes the left side. The right wing is a straight shoot out between Boyd, Farnworth and Kahu imo, and maybe Issako if he stinks it up at fullback. Possibly Arthars as well.

As it stands, i think the team Seibs will pick for round one ( not the team i'd pick ) is going to be. I dont think its going to matter too much on how they go in the trials, which i think is a worry.

1 Issako
2 Oates
3 Bird
4 Staggs
5 Boyd
6 Milf
7 Croft
8 Lodge
9 Turpin
10 Haas
11 Glenn
12 Fifita
13 TPJ

14 Macca
15 Flegler
16 Joffa
17 Carrigan

TBF thought @Wolfie that's not a bad line up.

Yes, there is a question mark hanging over the 5 and 14 but overall this team should compete.

1 Bird
2 Oates
3 Perese/Boyd/Arthars
4 Staggs
5 Farnworth
6 Milford
7 Croft
8 Lodge
9 Turpin
10 Haas
11 TPJ
12 Fifita
13 Carrigan

14 Macca
15 Joffa
16 Flegler
17 Glenn

I think we have a real weakness at left center tbh, so despite the team I picked, I'd probably have to play Bird there and Issako fullback.
So an injury in the halves and we're back to Macca at 9 and Turpin at 7. God help us.

No room for Jamayne @Wolfie?

I honestly think once he got used to playing there, Bird would be a better option than Issako. I've never thought Issako will ever be a really good fullback, more just a solid, functional option which actually could be all we need right now. Dont personally think Issako has the tools to be a really good player at fullback, hopefully, he will have kicked on a bit though and added more to his game. I think he will play fullback with Bird at center because it will probably make our team stronger overall.

I think we could actually do with just a solid center there for the next year or two to see how Perese or Coates kick on so we can move Bird somewhere he can get on the ball more.

So an injury in the halves and we're back to Macca at 9 and Turpin at 7. God help us.

Not really. Dearden, and eventually SoS or even Paix at 7 should be our options this year. They can all cover 6 as well.

Macca at hooker doesnt really worry me if he is our backup hooker unless its a long term injury to Turpin. As a stop gap he will go a solid enough job. I'm not as convinced yet Turpin will be our long term hooker either tbh. He rightly has received a lot of praise for what he does mainly because he is all effort and he is a fantastic competitor. He need to take the next step and play hooker probably for 50-60 mins a game consistently this year. If he cant do that i'm not sure what we do.

Isaako's biggest challenge (apart from catching) will be for him to find and offer something in attack from the back, he's not really great at busting the line so we are going to want to see him use that speed more than he has on the wing.

Its not enough in the NRL to just have a fullback who is only there to catch the ball.

I know lots of us are over the preseason puff pieces in the media but there’s a pretty good story about Carrigan on nrl.com. Unfortunately I don’t know how to post them.

I know lots of us are over the preseason puff pieces in the media but there’s a pretty good story about Carrigan on nrl.com. Unfortunately I don’t know how to post them.

Just copy and paste the link.

If it's from NRL.com then the full article can't be posted just yet but you can copy and paste the link.

I know Kahu's unexpected return partially contributed to this but our depth this year looks decidedly heavy on the backline players and light on forwards. If a forward goes down we only have Kennedy and Hopoate to bring in (Palasia won't be available for the bulk of this year). Meanwhile, if someone from 1-5 goes down we can draw on Kahu, Coates, Farnworth, Arthars, Perese, Kennar and Vudogo.

I know Kahu's unexpected return partially contributed to this but our depth this year looks decidedly heavy on the backline players and light on forwards. If a forward goes down we only have Kennedy and Hopoate to bring in (Palasia won't be available for the bulk of this year). Meanwhile, if someone from 1-5 goes down we can draw on Kahu, Coates, Farnworth, Arthars, Perese, Kennar and Vudogo.
What about Hopoate as well? We could also play Bird at lock or have Staggs on the bench as a second row/back utility as well.

Last edited:
What about Hopoate as well? We could also play Bird at lock or have Staggs on the bench as a second row/back utility as well.
I mentioned Hopoate. Bird and Staggs could possibly do a feasible job but they're our starting centres and there's a big drop off in quality to our next option there. We lost Gillett, Mago, Fensom, Tagataese and Fai and seemingly replaced them all with backs.

I mentioned Hopoate. Bird and Staggs could possibly do a feasible job but they're our starting centres and there's a big drop off in quality to our next option there. We lost Gillett, Mago, Fensom, Tagataese and Fai and seemingly replaced them all with backs.

there is also Bullemore and Riki in our development squad if we need them ... plus we may still have a spot in our 30 man squad should we need it to buy a forward

Realistically, there probably isn't a huge incentive for fringe Forwards to go to the Broncos unless it's a development player from in house like Bullemore who probably expects to be playing plenty of Queensland Cup.

Our Forward Pack is pretty stacked and very settled and there is bugger all opportunity to break into that starting lineup or even crack our bench without injuries, so I think that probably prevents us being a very appealing prospect for a guy on the fringes who is wanting to play NRL footy this year.

Last edited:
Realistically, there probably isn't a huge incentive for fringe Forwards to go to the Broncos unless it's a development player from in house like Bullemore who probably expects to be playing plenty of Queensland Cup.

Our Forward Pack is pretty stacked and very settled and there is bugger all opportunity to break into that starting lineup or even crack our bench without injuries, so I think that probably prevents us being a very appealing prospect for a guy on the fringes who is wanting to play NRL footy this year.
We got Fensom late last off season. Maybe we will pick up a bit of cheap fringe experience again. There is also there Sam Perrett's brother (Forgot his name) that was a train and trial I think.
[automerge]1579051288[/automerge]
Realistically we won't be keeping all of Farnworth, Niu, Perese, Vudogo, Coates, Kennar and Arthars. I expect Melbourne to come for some of these guys for 2021. If i was them I would look to get Kahu for 2020. Maybe after the broncos pay his off season salary component.

Last edited:
Lets just move Oates to backrow already.. Fifita and Oates on the edges would be deadly.. It frees up some space in the backline too

1. Isaako
2. Boyd
3. Bird
4. Staggs
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Oates
12. Fifita
13. Pangai
17. Ofahengaue

I don't see any risk in moving Oates to the forwards. We should at least see how he goes.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.