Broncos 2020 Squad

Should he be a hooker? And does he want to be?

he said in an interview on the Broncos website, that his preferred position is in the halves, but he's happy to play where we need him to

Should he be a hooker? And does he want to be?

I don't think it was done correctly to give him the best chance. He was playing seven up till hurting his foot for Queensland and then he had six weeks off. When he came back he went to interchange for two games, then half then interchange then half.

His kicking game and tackling I was impressed with last year but his running and decision making even at half looked laboured. He had five try assists in 12 games in the halves. Two assists when at hooker. From 17 games not great. But it's a hard gig coming in and playing halves.

Tweed at Reddy was his best game at half he ran down the left all day and made breaks. That game he looked sure and confident same thing against Hunters looked like he knew his role and was good.

He looks like a player that needs clarity around what to do.

CONFIRMATION.

Turpin is #1 in the depth chart, ahead of McCullough and then Paix.

Based on that interview, it sounds like Bird may even be pushing ahead of Isaako at Fullback. Will depend on fitness and such, but it wouldn't surprise me if Bird starts at 1 and Jamayne is back on the right wing for Round 1.

There is not a single second of that interview I didn't enjoy. Siebs is looking settled and genuinely seems like a good manager, love the insight into his values regarding developing his staff as well.

CONFIRMATION.

Turpin is #1 in the depth chart, ahead of McCullough and then Paix.

View attachment 7105

Like or hate seibold as a coach he/the broncos have improved the media output and quality content massively.

I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting more content like this... Especially during the off season.

Like or hate seibold as a coach he/the broncos have improved the media output and quality content massively.

I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting more content like this... Especially during the off season.
I've wanted more stuff like this for ages, I'm happy Seibold is open to it. It's kind of fucking important to engage the fans other than the 80 minutes a week.

Weird. Might restart my phone. I’d just whitelisted the website in Ad Guard Pro so I could watch the video, so maybe that had something to do with it.
Has a bad hiss the whole way through but I can hear it.

Club needs to invest in a not shit microphone.

I don't think it was done correctly to give him the best chance. He was playing seven up till hurting his foot for Queensland and then he had six weeks off. When he came back he went to interchange for two games, then half then interchange then half.

His kicking game and tackling I was impressed with last year but his running and decision making even at half looked laboured. He had five try assists in 12 games in the halves. Two assists when at hooker. From 17 games not great. But it's a hard gig coming in and playing halves.

Tweed at Reddy was his best game at half he ran down the left all day and made breaks. That game he looked sure and confident same thing against Hunters looked like he knew his role and was good.

He looks like a player that needs clarity around what to do.
Surely if he's looking to play 15-30 minutes off the Bench at NRL level he should ideally be playing around 50-60 minutes at Dummy Half at Queensland Cup level on a regular basis and seeing how he handles that first?

Surely if he's looking to play 15-30 minutes off the Bench at NRL level he should ideally be playing around 50-60 minutes at Dummy Half at Queensland Cup level on a regular basis and seeing how he handles that first?

Yeah I would have thought so but I am not too sure Dolphins share the Broncos' vision.

Yeah I would have thought so but I am not too sure Dolphins share the Broncos' vision.
I don't blame the Dolphins at all. I respect that they can do what they like with their squad as they see fit. I'm just saying that should be the minimum sort of target for Paix if they really want him to play NRL at Dummy Half, and they really need to see him handling that before we lump him into our NRL plans and just hope for the best.

If he can't play Dummy Half at Redcliffe then Brisbane might need to look at moving him to somewhere he can get that experience, and I mean no disrespect to Redcliffe in that statement at all as their priorities are quite rightly, totally different to Brisbane's.

Last edited:

WTF, no wonder Darb has been so rubbish the last couple of years, he went vegan.

I remember when Peter Siddle went vegan for a couple of seasons, lost a bunch of weight and could barely bowl at 125, lol.

WTF, no wonder Darb has been so rubbish the last couple of years, he went vegan.

I remember when Peter Siddle went vegan for a couple of seasons, lost a bunch of weight and could barely bowl at 125, lol.

Nah he was only vegan over this offseason, so it wasn't the reason for his form last season.

Nah he was only vegan over this offseason, so it wasn't the reason for his form last season.

Ah, fair, I didn't read the article.

Damn, I was actually kind of hoping that was the reason so we could at least get a semi-decent version of him back this year.. guess not.

Or we will cause now he's vegan [emoji2369]
Ah, fair, I didn't read the article.

Damn, I was actually kind of hoping that was the reason so we could at least get a semi-decent version of him back this year.. guess not.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brocko
  • Justwin
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Aldo
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Scorchie
  • Fozz
  • lynx000
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Battler
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.