Broncos 2020 Squad

So just read that Boyd is a certain for left centre and that's an absolute joke. He isn't a centre never was never will be. We shouldn't have to make room in out backs for this has been. We have some young strong fast backs that won't be played because he won't step down. We won't win the premiership while he is still playing. You look at other sides backs and they have so much strike in them and Boyd also has to consistently defend against them and I don't believe he's up for that at all.
Just Retire Boyd
I mean it's going to suck for us supporters but he's comedy gold for everyone else.

And people complained about Maranta, at least you weren't paying a fortune for him to be terrible. I hope Boyd proves the critics including myself wrong, I really do.

Last edited:
I dont think this mythical 15 game clause actually exists.

Well it didn't come from nowhere. It's way too specific to be made up, in my opinion. It smells like something that someone in the club would leak out in the middle of a tough season like last year was to sate the fanbase somewhat.

Well it didn't come from nowhere. It's way too specific to be made up, in my opinion. It smells like something that someone in the club would leak out in the middle of a tough season like last year was to sate the fanbase somewhat.

I reckon it did come from nowhere. Its too random a thing to have put into a contract unless its the last year, and it isnt his last year. We havent been smart enough in our contract negotiations to stack a deal in our favour so i just dont know why people think we did it with this one. You only have to look at the Kahu deal as evidence. Too many conspiracy theories on here and wishful thinking about Boyd.

I just googled and read the story again. It was August 20th last year. There’s things in there that seem too specific to just be rumour or gossip.
On the other hand, it is a Badel story so...

Either way if true or not re 15 games, Seibold has just set the line in the sand for his own career and also the expected standard. If he back tracks on it, his coaching time is over and the team will flounder with so many young guys.

IF he follows performance based jersey selection, then thats the first step to turning around last season and the seasons prior. Competition and everyone having the same standard to achieve is the only way we will get to a premiership.

If he can drop 2 real strike backs like Roberts and Issako putting back in Qcup shouldn't be much trouble.
Either way if true or not re 15 games, Seibold has just set the line in the sand for his own career and also the expected standard. If he back tracks on it, his coaching time is over and the team will flounder with so many young guys.

IF he follows performance based jersey selection, then thats the first step to turning around last season and the seasons prior. Competition and everyone having the same standard to achieve is the only way we will get to a premiership.

So sounds like Boyd centre, Coates in, Isaako QCUP.

No idea of the hooking situation he didn’t give much away there. Wouldn’t be surprised with any combo of Mccullough, Turpin and Paix but my gut says it’ll be Mccullough starting and Turpin bench.

So sounds like Boyd centre, Coates in, Isaako QCUP.

No idea of the hooking situation he didn’t give much away there. Wouldn’t be surprised with any combo of Mccullough, Turpin and Paix but my gut says it’ll be Mccullough starting and Turpin bench.

I don't think Macca will start ... everything we have seen this pre-season suggest Turps is the number 1 hooker now ...

however if Macca does start, IMO, he'll literally play the first 20 to take some of the early onslaught, then Turps will play the rest of the game

Brisbane Broncos 2020
1. Jack Bird
2. Corey Oates
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. Darius Boyd
5. Xavier Coates
6. Anthony Milford
7. Brodie Croft
8. Tevita Pangai Jr
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Payne Haas
11. Alex Glenn (c)
12. David Fifita
13. Patrick Carrigan

14. Jake Turpin
15. Joe Ofahengaue
16. Thomas Flegler
17. Rhys Kennedy

I'm basing these numbers on priority and who will get a look in if Seibs is looking to make changes. If an injury forces his hand, I expect which ever player fills that role will jump into that position. I would not be shocked if there is an injury to a forward if Seibs will just draft in an extra back and play them as he did Perese.

In fact, I would knocked be shocked at all if Herbie pushes Kennedy out of the side and Oates is made to play the Hymel Hunt/Tyrell Fuimaono role off the bench.

18. Jamayne Isaako (cover for Bird/Coates)
19. Herbie Farnworth (cover for Oates)
20. Cory Paix (cover for Macca/Turpin)
21. Jesse Arthars (cover for Boyd/Staggs)
22. Tom Dearden (cover for Milf/Croft)
23. Richie Kennar (cover for Oates/Coates)
24. Jamil Hopoate (cover for forwards)

Injured
25. Jordan Kahu (Out till early rounds)
26. Matt Lodge (Out till mid-season)
27. Sean O'Sullivan (Out til mid-to-late season)
28. Keenan Palasia (Out for the season)

Suspended
29. Izaia Perese (Indefinite, will know more before Round 1, will be dismissed if found guilty)

Development
30. Ilikena Vudogo (Technically No. 30, but would most likely be behind Riki for consideration at this stage)
31. Fanitesi Niu
32. Ethan Bullemor
33. Jordan Riki
34. Pride Petterson-Robati
35. Tyson Gamble
36. Kobe Hetherington

I'd expect Niu/Bullemor/Riki to be named as a reserve before Round 16 and injuries being kind I expect all three to make their debuts this year. Petterson-Robati could spoil that and knock Riki off especially if Seibs wants a more solid middle.

Last edited:
Brisbane Broncos 2020
1. Jack Bird
2. Corey Oates
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. Darius Boyd
5. Xavier Coates
6. Anthony Milford
7. Brodie Croft
8. Tevita Pangai Jr
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Payne Haas
11. Alex Glenn (c)
12. David Fifita
13. Patrick Carrigan

14. Jake Turpin
15. Joe Ofahengaue
16. Thomas Flegler
17. Rhys Kennedy

I'm basing these numbers on priority and who will get a look in if Seibs is looking to make changes. If an injury forces his hand, I expect which ever player fills that role will jump into that position. I would not be shocked if there is an injury to a forward if Seibs will just draft in an extra back and play them as he did Perese.

In fact, I would knocked be shocked at all if Herbie pushes Kennedy out of the side and Oates is made to play the Hymel Hunt/Tyrell Fuimaono role off the bench.

Injured

Suspended
29. Izaia Perese (Indefinite, will know more before Round 1, will be dismissed if found guilty)

Development
30. Ilikena Vudogo (Technically No. 30, but would most likely be behind Riki for consideration at this stage)
31. Fanitesi Niu
32. Ethan Bullemor
33. Jordan Riki
35. Tyson Gamble
36. Kobe Hetherington

I'd expect Niu/Bullemor/Riki to be named as a reserve before Round 16 and injuries being kind I expect all three to make their debuts this year. Petterson-Robati could spoil that and knock Riki off especially if Seibs wants a more solid middle.

Have we established whether Glenn is playing on the right or not? Everything that's been posted online and spoken about has had Fifita training exclusively on the left edge outside Milf.

Will be interesting to see, I think it's best for the composition of the team, we were missing 5-6 tries a year because Glenn couldn't finish off the Milf short balls, hopefully Fifi can fix that issue.

Have we established whether Glenn is playing on the right or not? Everything that's been posted online and spoken about has had Fifita training exclusively on the left edge outside Milf.

Will be interesting to see, I think it's best for the composition of the team, we were missing 5-6 tries a year because Glenn couldn't finish off the Milf short balls, hopefully Fifi can fix that issue.

Yeah, from the sounds of it Fifita will play on the left edge and Glenn will play right. I wouldn't read into the 1-13 numbers too closely, for instance we know that Boyd won't partner Coates on the right edge.

I’m actually also feeling Oates to the bench is a strong possibility. He’s had a disrupted pre-season and Is the ideal back/forward benchie that can be used in either role effectively. That is also his origin future in my opinion.

I also think Siebs knows that both Coates and Farnworth have something special albeit it individually different, hence the call about Isaako who I think might not necessarily stay at the Broncs. His future in FG is not guaranteed.

Brisbane Broncos 2020
1. Jack Bird
2. Corey Oates
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. Darius Boyd
5. Xavier Coates
6. Anthony Milford
7. Brodie Croft
8. Tevita Pangai Jr
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Payne Haas
11. Alex Glenn (c)
12. David Fifita
13. Patrick Carrigan

14. Jake Turpin
15. Joe Ofahengaue
16. Thomas Flegler
17. Rhys Kennedy

Injured

Suspended

Development
31. Fanitesi Niu
32. Ethan Bullemor
33. Jordan Riki
35. Tyson Gamble
36. Kobe Hetherington

I think you are close there but Turpin will probably be hooker with Macca on the bench covering hooker and the middle. That way we can leave Kennedy out and put Herbie on the bench as proper cover for the outside backs.

I’m actually also feeling Oates to the bench is a strong possibility. He’s had a disrupted pre-season and Is the ideal back/forward benchie that can be used in either role effectively. That is also his origin future in my opinion.

I also think Siebs knows that both Coates and Farnworth have something special albeit it individually different, hence the call about Isaako who I think might not necessarily stay at the Broncs. His future in FG is not guaranteed.

I haven't been overly impressed by Farnworth so far, albeit in a small sample size. I can't remember which game / scenario it was at the Nines, but he was struggling for pace on a couple of occasions.

If Oates still longs to run with the pack, and can match it on the field, that might be an inspired choice.

How long does it normally take for Seibold to process what he reads on here and then put it into action?

We already know Boyd is getting yet another lifeline but if Macca is back in the starting side as well, I'm gonna be so pissed. That would mean literally the only changes from last year are the addition of Croft and Glenn as captain.

If Macca is outperforming Turpin and keeps his spot in the side, that's a good thing.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • Bucking Beads
  • Old Mate
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • The True King
  • azza.79
  • Foordy
  • lynx000
  • Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • NSW stables
  • Fozz
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.