RUMOUR Broncos After Ivan And Nathan Clearly Report

Discussion in 'The Rumour Mill' started by Jaybronq, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Lebbo73

Lebbo73 NYC Player

I disagree. Penriths’ recent form has more to do with the fact that their two gun halves are struggling with the extra workload from playing Origin as well.

Nashy likes this.
  2. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

That’s fair, the problems at the club are arising because of Griffin not wanting to do everything Gould says anymore. It’s a mixture of both

Lebbo73 likes this.
  3. Nathan Cleary has laughed at the rumour.

It isn't happening.

Well we started it so the **** laughing at us...oh well, we shouldn't have told lies hey.

4. 007

007 QCup Player

Zero chance. Fake news.

5. Unfortunately for Hook, that's not his call to make, and could be fixed easily by Gould.

6. Sproj

Sproj

Apparently they were seen at Bondi recently where it was also reported that a White was having an organic tomato juice with a certain high level Roosters official.

7. mitch222

mitch222 State of Origin Rep

I'm not exactly keen on hiring a coach purely because its a lure to get his son to play for us. I'd rather hire a coach based off his own merits alone.

8. Foordy

Foordy

and who would that coach be ...

Cleary would be the best available candidate ...

9. Broncapz

Broncapz QCup Player

My thoughts on this are -
    Nathan. Yes.
    Ivan. Yeah....nah.

10. 007

007 QCup Player

I think Ivan's lack of success at Warriors and Panthers were system related and a lot was inherited. Penrith system has been a mess for a very long time until literally as the point Ivan took over. When Ivan went so did other coaching staff, they weren't pushed - they walked as they had major reservations with the current coach. I aim a lot of the current success on Gus and Ivan/previous staff.

Yes would be fantastic to have them both, but wont happen unless the moon turns pink.

11. Allo

Allo NRL Player

It wasn't a laughing-but-serious-denial though. Could just be trying to laugh it off to keep everyone guessing or just avoid answering

12. jarro65

jarro65 State of Origin Rep

I never once heard him say that he would 'positively 100%' NOT be signing with the Broncos.

13. Sproj

Sproj

Forget Cleary, go with his understudy - Luai.

14. Foordy

Foordy

I'd like to see a bit more of him first ... but i understand he is off contract at seasons end, so i would definitely be making some enquiries ...

I didn't catch the whole game, how was his kicking?

15. JAHHW

JAHHW QCup Player

I didn’t see any of the game, but I’m going to go out on a limb and say better than Nikorima’s.

Porthoz likes this.
  16. Lockysillegitimatechild

Lockysillegitimatechild NRL Player

Ivan cleary is a brilliant re-building coach... problem is, we dont need a rebuilding. We have an unbelieveable squad going into the future if we keep it together and milford is improving his game management. We are also a 2-6 level team consistently every single year... cleary has won zero premierships. Im not saying he is a bad coach, but he is completly un-tested at a club like ours. Is he the type to take a good team and make them great? Thats bennetts specialty and even he hasnt got us a premiership lately. I know he is the best option at the moment but why do we actually need an option at the moment. Sure bennett may have health issues all of a sudden but hes pretty damn fit for his age, and any coach could get hit by a bus or have a heart attack the next day.

Bennett wants to sign for 2 more years and it perfectly matches with bellamy and green contracts whilst demetriou will continue to learn. 3 very viable options... btw, anyone else think it may be a bit more then a coincidence that bennett has said he wants 2 more years and our 2 previous “targets” also time their contracts for that year? May have been the managers, or bennett had a word to those coaches, or even possibly the broncos had a quiet word to the them...

17. Wolfie

Wolfie NRL Captain

He looked pretty smart with his kicking actually. Think it was Locky said in commentary apparently he was more highly rated at Penrith than Cleary.

GKDonkey, Sproj and Foordy like this.
  18. Sproj

Sproj

I'm not hyperbolizing when I say there was nothing in his game that didn't look good. He tackled as effectively as most small halves but other than that, his kicking was great, running was sublime, pass selection brilliant and he goal kicks just for something a bit extra. Broncs need to chase this kid, he is the goods, I've never been more impressed in a one off performance like that and I've seen some good ones over the years.

The Warriors were at full strength and while granted, Hiku was defending ala Cartwright but the Panthers attack just looked like they were playing with seasoned halves, didn't miss Cleary or Maloney at all, in fact, looked even better.

GKDonkey and Foordy like this.
  19. Foordy

Foordy

well in that case ... Bennett better pick up the phone.

although, if I was the kids manager, I would be making a call to the Broncos, knowing how strong the Panthers halves are and how weak the Broncos halfback is

Sproj likes this.