Broncos all time out of position side

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I just thought to lighten the mood of the Broncos forum we could piece together all alltime side made up of past and present players playing out of position. I'll start this off with Wendall Sailor(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj85yGMdOrU footage of him in action and its not Lockyer's debut btw) occasional time in the backrow in the mid 90's, seeing him in head gear like Steve Renouf got me laughing.

11. Wendall Sailor

Last edited:
Lemme see...

1. Casey McGuire (vs. St. George Illwarra Round 6 2005 after Timmins knocked out Hunt)
3. David Stagg
4. Dane Carlaw
5. Greg Eastwood
6. Tonie Carroll
7. Karmichael Hunt
9. Andrew Gee
11. Wendell Sailor

I just thought to lighten the mood of the Broncos forum we could piece together all alltime side made up of past and present players playing out of position. I'll start this off with Wendall Sailor(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj85yGMdOrU) occasional time in the backrow in the mid 90's, seeing him in head gear like Steve Renouf got me laughing.

3. Stagg
6. Tony Carrol
7. Harmichael
11. Wendall Sailor

Last edited:
1. Casey McGuire (vs. St. George Illwarra Round 6 2005 after Timmins knocked out Hunt)
2. Tonie Carroll (I may be wrong but I think I recall him playing on the wing a few times back in 1997)
3. David Stagg
4. Dane Carlaw
5. Greg Eastwood
6. Matthew Gillett
7. Karmichael Hunt
9. Andrew Gee
11. Wendell Sailor
12. Gene Miles
13. Wally Lewis (some will argue he started his career at lock, but he really made his mark at 5/8th)

All we need now are two props.

Last edited:
Michael De Vere in the forwards in his last game.

2. Tonie Carroll (I may be wrong but I think I recall him playing on the wing a few times back in 1997)
3. David Stagg
4. Dane Carlaw
5. Greg Eastwood
6. Matthew Gillett
7. Karmichael Hunt
8. Sam Thaiday(since so many think his not a prop he qualifies lol, well we needed someone)
9. Andrew Gee
11. Wendell Sailor
12. Gene Miles
13. Wally Lewis (some will argue he started his career at lock, but he really made his mark at 5/8th)

I'd probably throw Gillett onto the wing, he played there in 2010 against the Cowboys and won the MotM.

does Ben Czislowski count as playing out of position cause he was possibly the worst player to wear a Broncos jersey?

Shaun Berrigan as halfback .... no idea wtf the thinking was with that ....

Surely Andrew Gee makes the fullback position. We were all out of troops one game and he slotted in.

Didn't Bennett play Thiday at 5/8 in a preliminary final.

He debuted on the wing and was fantastic. Steamrolled right over a few people numerous times, got a few tries first game iirc. Played a fair few games on the wing iirc.

He debuted on the wing and was fantastic. Steamrolled right over a few people numerous times, got a few tries first game iirc. Played a fair few games on the wing iirc.

He played a fair bit of centre in the early days too. Was hardly a liability either in the outside backs

6-Joel Moon 7-Shane Walker 17-Darren Mapp (worst Bronco ever, twice over)

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • TimWhatley
  • Bronco bob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Sproj
  • phoenix
  • Broncosgirl
  • ozzball
  • bazza
  • mitch222
  • Bongo
  • thenry
  • barker
  • Maroon4life
  • Wolfie
  • Skathen
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.