OPINION Broncos are winning the 2023 NRL Premiership

Back on top! What end of year slide?

Selwyn Cobbo GIF by BrisbaneBroncos

It's a long season. Even the best teams are going have dips in form. Important thing is to win more of these games than we lose. We'll get through it and start killing it again.

I‘ll be happy with scrappy wins while we’re down on troops - finish in the top four, use the two byes to nurse niggles and get everyone back for a run to the GF. Sounds simple…

I'm predicting we drop a game against the cowboys. To win minor prem we will need to beat Storm in the final round. (assuming Panthers knock off the Storm in rd23)

I'm predicting we drop a game against the cowboys. To win minor prem we will need to beat Storm in the final round. (assuming Panthers knock off the Storm in rd23)
Really depends on how where we are on the ladder before the last round. Could end up just resting the whole team against the Storm lol

Using the auto-fill feature on the ladder predictor, we're winning every game from now on and finishing on 2nd with 44 points.

Using the auto-fill feature on the ladder predictor, we're winning every game from now on and finishing on 2nd with 44 points.
I'm hoping Penrith lose a couple so we can finish first (maybe against Melbourne or the Cowboys).

I'm assuming Melbourne will finish 3rd, and I don't want to play them 1st week of the finals.

I'm hoping Penrith lose a couple so we can finish first (maybe against Melbourne or the Cowboys).

I'm assuming Melbourne will finish 3rd, and I don't want to play them 1st week of the finals.
Raiders, Warriors and Rabbits will be well in the fight for a top 4 spot as well... Warriors and Rabbits have an extremely soft run into the finals and can't see them losing many on the run home.

Storm, Sharks and Raiders have tougher runs with games against other top 4/8 contenders.

We currently have a 2 game lead on Raiders and Storm, but a 3 game lead on Warriors, Souths and Sharks... based on that I'd say Sharks are possibly the least likely to get a top 4 spot.

Sharks have tough games against Warriors (away), Panthers (away), Souths (away), Cows (away) and Raiders (home)... that's a tough run for them heading into the finals to make up 3 wins on us. Even though our run home is also tough.

Raiders have games against warriors (away), storm (away), broncos (home) and sharks (away)... their game against us could decide it.

Storm have parra (home), panthers (away), raiders (home) and us in the last round... again that last round against us could be a decider on top 4 position

Warriors and Souths have an extremely soft run into the finals... warriors only playing sharks and raiders currently in the top 8, and souths only playing broncos and sharks in the top 8.

We need sharks to upset warriors and souths in those games to give us some breathing room... our game against souths will also be a big decider on whether we get top 4.

We've got games against souths, raiders and storm... we knock them off we're basically guaranteed top 4... so it's all in our own hands as to whether we finish top 2/4 or fall down the ladder.

Raiders, Warriors and Rabbits will be well in the fight for a top 4 spot as well... Warriors and Rabbits have an extremely soft run into the finals and can't see them losing many on the run home.

Storm, Sharks and Raiders have tougher runs with games against other top 4/8 contenders.

We currently have a 2 game lead on Raiders and Storm, but a 3 game lead on Warriors, Souths and Sharks... based on that I'd say Sharks are possibly the least likely to get a top 4 spot.

Sharks have tough games against Warriors (away), Panthers (away), Souths (away), Cows (away) and Raiders (home)... that's a tough run for them heading into the finals to make up 3 wins on us. Even though our run home is also tough.

Raiders have games against warriors (away), storm (away), broncos (home) and sharks (away)... their game against us could decide it.

Storm have parra (home), panthers (away), raiders (home) and us in the last round... again that last round against us could be a decider on top 4 position

Warriors and Souths have an extremely soft run into the finals... warriors only playing sharks and raiders currently in the top 8, and souths only playing broncos and sharks in the top 8.

We need sharks to upset warriors and souths in those games to give us some breathing room... our game against souths will also be a big decider on whether we get top 4.

We've got games against souths, raiders and storm... we knock them off we're basically guaranteed top 4... so it's all in our own hands as to whether we finish top 2/4 or fall down the ladder.
Would be happy with it finishing like the following. But yea, a lot of the top 8 team play each other in the last few rounds so it could go either way.

Will be backing the Dolphins this arvo.

Screenshot 20230716 120458

Would be happy with it finishing like the following. But yea, a lot of the top 8 team play each other in the last few rounds so it could go either way.

Will be backing the Dolphins this arvo.

View attachment 23029
Panthers are taking a bit of a gamble resting all their origin players against dolphins in Redcliffe.

If Cleary misses as well then that's a lot of players missing against a normally resilient team that is getting a few players back.

If Marshall-King was playing today then dolphins would be a good shout... will come down to whether the penrith machine can knock another one off with their second string team (pending whether the chin plays).

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • MrMoore
  • azza.79
  • rj9
  • broncos4life
  • upthebroncs
  • broncsgoat
  • kman
  • Broncosgirl
  • Behind enemy lines
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Jedhead
  • bb_gun
  • Tristan1990
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • maddo
  • Santa
  • Big Del
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.