OPINION Broncos are winning the 2023 NRL Premiership

I don't really understand your point. Are we expected to hold steadfast belligerent views that remain unchanged despite new evidence? Do any here among us not have days we feel optimistic and days we feel less so? And "bias" is a synonym for "opinion," is it not? How do you have an opinion without bias?

Your tune changes so much. One minute loving the club, next minute bagging them. One minute BW is only in the team because of KW, next minute the team is right.

Disagree with us not being a champion team, and our position at the top of the table backs me up. We have two rookies in the spine, a limping veteran and a second string hooker many didn't think should even be playing NRL. Something is right with us as a "team" to get us where we are today.
We can be unified and 'right' as a team culturally (backing your team mates and not wanting to let them down, etc.), but in regards to being a champion team we would need to be compared to the yardstick, which is Penrith.

They are the epitome of a champion team whereby any injury can seemingly be covered by the next man up.... and they can roll out their game plan off muscle memory and dominate 90% of the competition.

We just got done by titans and previously Canberra off a long win streak. Panthers, Rabbits and Storm beat us recently because players were missing.

For us to be favourites due to the addition of Bhunt we would need to be on par or exceeding the panthers... and I don't think we're there yet, and adding Bhunt doesn't automatically make us favourites.

Your tune changes so much. One minute loving the club, next minute bagging them. One minute BW is only in the team because of KW, next minute the team is right.
Yes.

We can be unified and 'right' as a team culturally (backing your team mates and not wanting to let them down, etc.), but in regards to being a champion team we would need to be compared to the yardstick, which is Penrith.

They are the epitome of a champion team whereby any injury can seemingly be covered by the next man up.... and they can roll out their game plan off muscle memory and dominate 90% of the competition.

We just got done by titans and previously Canberra off a long win streak. Panthers, Rabbits and Storm beat us recently because players were missing.

For us to be favourites due to the addition of Bhunt we would need to be on par or exceeding the panthers... and I don't think we're there yet, and adding Bhunt doesn't automatically make us favourites.
Not sure the hypothetical matters now, with Hunt looking less likely and so many injuries. Some weeks we look more like a champion team than others.

Kevvie obviously saw something he didn't like against the Titans. We'll never know what that really was because we'll never know what instructions he gave that weren't followed (or whatever).

I saw a team with a handful of players who probably should've been rested but insisted they were up for it. I saw a Titans side that was a lot better and more cohesive than we anticipated who weren't given even the slightest credit for rolling us.

Maybe I'm a bit behind in thinking our only weakness is dummy half and being vulnerable to injury in the halves and that Ben Hunt kills those two birds with one rock.

With everything that's happened over the last few days, we're all going through a bit of a reset in expectations today.

NRL 360 talking down our chances this year after Flegs and Riki got ruled out

And rightly so. Our lack of serious injuries this year (with a couple of notable exceptions) is a key part of our ladder position. We have had a great run this year, let's hope this is a bump and not the beginning of a landslide of injuries.

Flegler we can replace in a relatively same-same manner.

Riki though has consistently been one of our best this year...and we literally have no second-rowers to replace him with, because we already have a rookie replacing our OTHER second-rower and it's the one position in which we have zero depth. Losing Riki is a big issue right now.

Not once this season have I ever thought we would win the premiership. Far too inconsistent and not nearly ruffles enough. Now with the injuries starting to pile up I can see us struggling to make the top 4 and bombing out of the finals quickly.

The 2009 dragons were more convincing, and they went out in straight sets.

It's too early.

We aren’t and will never be the fairytale team because we don’t need to be. Our fans make the NRL look good, we make money and we get them clicks. They don’t need us to have success.

It’s the Warriors this year, it always has been. Thank you for saving the competition all by yourselves by living in a far better city, in a country most of you came from anyway.

Mark my words: We are never winning the premiership again so long as the current administration is in charge. If it doesn't serve them in some way, it won't happen.

Good. Will make our victory at the end of the year even more sweeter!

And rightly so. Our lack of serious injuries this year (with a couple of notable exceptions) is a key part of our ladder position. We have had a great run this year, let's hope this is a bump and not the beginning of a landslide of injuries.

Flegler we can replace in a relatively same-same manner.

Riki though has consistently been one of our best this year...and we literally have no second-rowers to replace him with, because we already have a rookie replacing our OTHER second-rower and it's the one position in which we have zero depth. Losing Riki is a big issue right now.
It's a big loss, but our team is more then 1 or 2 players. Whoever replaces Riki will have our captain next to him guiding him the whole time (i wonder how much credit could be given to Reynolds for Rikis rise in form?). Capewell is only missing 1 more game, and with the rest should be back to his best.

Not once this season have I ever thought we would win the premiership. Far too inconsistent and not nearly ruffles enough. Now with the injuries starting to pile up I can see us struggling to make the top 4 and bombing out of the finals quickly.
Not once? I can promise you now, we are making the top 4. We're not that inconsistent relative to the rest of the comp. Even with the hardest draw for 2023, we still have the most wins!

The 2009 dragons were more convincing, and they went out in straight sets.

It's too early.
Then compare us to the team that did win the grand final in 2009...

Broncos: Round 17 (2023)
Ladder: 1st (tied)
Wins: 11
Losses: 5
P+/-: 87

Srorm: Round 17 (2009)
Ladder: 3rd
Wins: 9
Losses: 6
P+/-: 83

We aren’t and will never be the fairytale team because we don’t need to be. Our fans make the NRL look good, we make money and we get them clicks. They don’t need us to have success.

It’s the Warriors this year, it always has been. Thank you for saving the competition all by yourselves by living in a far better city, in a country most of you came from anyway.
Bro.

Mark my words: We are never winning the premiership again so long as the current administration is in charge. If it doesn't serve them in some way, it won't happen.
Another "Bro." for you too.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Another "Bro." for you too.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Deal with it Santa. The only way this club is going to be treated with respect again is another massive rebellion that hurts the NRL's bottom line.

Might be a point to it being the Warriors year lol. Found this conspricy theory on Reddit, and there success does align to them renaming to the "One NZ Warriors"...

"They don’t want the Warriors anywhere near the premiership so every year they make sure the refs intervene with really bad calls so they lose more games. Telstra have told the NRL under no circumstances can the Vodafone Warriors win the Telstra premiership, they can’t have the competition be seen to win."

Might be a point to it being the Warriors year lol. Found this conspricy theory on Reddit, and there success does align to them renaming to the "One NZ Warriors"...

"They don’t want the Warriors anywhere near the premiership so every year they make sure the refs intervene with really bad calls so they lose more games. Telstra have told the NRL under no circumstances can the Vodafone Warriors win the Telstra premiership, they can’t have the competition be seen to win."
I love this. I reckon every inhabitant of Vodafone should feel hard done by. In the words of Ye: "Racism is still alive, they just be concealing it"

I'm looking forward to the Walters and Mam vs Grant and Munster battle in the prelims

I think Kevvie was soo worked up last week because they blew his chance at raising his coaching record to 50%.

I'm looking forward to the Walters and Mam vs Grant and Munster battle in the prelims

Grant and Munster won't be. They'll recognise when they're beat for quality before they've even stepped on the field. I'd be surprised if they both don't fake injuries to avoid the shame.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Scdeac
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Culhwch
  • Ffs...
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • Waynesaurus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.