OPINION Broncos are winning the 2023 NRL Premiership

Outside of Reynolds we don't have any finals experience in the spine. I'm not expecting us to go deep with what is essentially a few kids.

Outside of Reynolds we don't have any finals experience in the spine. I'm not expecting us to go deep with what is essentially a few kids.

And honestly, when Reyno needs to stand up, half the time he chokes. Yes I'm filthy after today but we need to address it. We've all seen it. He's not Locky, who was clutch as ****.

Yes I believe Reyno can take us to a GF. I'm not convinced it will be this year, though we should be in the box seat. The squad is still too young, too inexperienced in the big games. Storm, Panthers, Souths, Eels...they've done it all before.

We have a way to go yet.

Walsh had played origin, that’s finals level, so there is that and we will have Hunt most likely.

And honestly, when Reyno needs to stand up, half the time he chokes. Yes I'm filthy after today but we need to address it. We've all seen it. He's not Locky, who was clutch as ****.
I wish I didn't know what you're talking about. He has maybe the best kicking game we've ever seen in the NRL, but some days he draws blank after blank.

It's all about timing. If things click at the right time, we are as good a chance as anyone to win the comp. I don't think we should panic based on half the team backing up from a tough origin three days ago and another incompetent refereeing performance. Let's see what they've got next week.

I was trying to find stats to make us/me feel better after that loss, but we are starting to fall behind our premiership winning years.

Please don't be the start of a 2022 slide...

Listen butthole, you're the voice of positivity on this site. Have a word with yourself and don't let me see this shit from you again.

It's all about timing. If things click at the right time, we are as good a chance as anyone to win the comp. I don't think we should panic based on half the team backing up from a tough origin three days ago and another incompetent refereeing performance. Let's see what they've got next week.

That's the kind of sound logic and lack of hyperbolic overreaction that will see you kicked off this site.

Sorry. Moment of weakness. Won't happen again.

Robert Redford Nodding GIF by Turner Classic Movies

We have big game Origin experience. Walsh just needs a good lie down and he'll be back to his best. We had a horrible game, yet only lost by a small margin and had how many tries taken off us. This was the slap in the face we needed before we got too far ahead of ourselves.

Only slightly behind our 2015 run, but if when we smash the Dolphins next week that should really help our f/a. Panthers and Melbourne still to play each other twice too (we've also played an extra game over both of them).

Round 17 (2023)
Ladder: 1st (tied)
Wins: 11
Losses: 5
P+/-: 87

Round 17 (2015)
Ladder: 1st
Wins: 12
Losses: 3
P+/-: 107

Maybe a little bit of hyberbole there, but favourites, anyway. With Hunt we are rep standard from hooker through the backline, and most of the pack as well.

Received wisdom - not just me - has our weak links at dummy half and 7 (should Reynolds go down). Hunt has us covered in both. With Hunt at 9, we are talking about the likes of Ezra and Herbie being our weakest links. Herbie, criticism aside, is a World Cup centre and Ezra is an outright freak who's not too far off Origin material. Not exactly weak.

Kurt Capewell has copped a bollocking lately. Maybe he's our weakest link. NSW might've gone closer to winning Origin 2 had they had Kurt on the bench covering 2nd row and centre.

We have to be favourites.
I believe rugba leeg has always lived by the motto that a champion team will beat a team of champions.

Adding Bhunt makes us a team of champions, but we are still far from a champion team

Panthers and Melbourne still to play each other twice too (we've also played an extra game over both of them).

There's a schedule-maker somewhere in NRL HQ getting absolutely screamed at by PVL when he discovers that little nugget.

There's a schedule-maker somewhere in NRL HQ getting absolutely screamed at by PVL when he discovers that little nugget.
Screaming because two of his darling clubs will be forced to play each other twice instead of getting tigers or someone to beat up on.

I believe rugba leeg has always lived by the motto that a champion team will beat a team of champions.

Adding Bhunt makes us a team of champions, but we are still far from a champion team
Disagree with us not being a champion team, and our position at the top of the table backs me up. We have two rookies in the spine, a limping veteran and a second string hooker many didn't think should even be playing NRL. Something is right with us as a "team" to get us where we are today.

Disagree with us not being a champion team, and our position at the top of the table backs me up. We have two rookies in the spine, a limping veteran and a second string hooker many didn't think should even be playing NRL. Something is right with us as a "team" to get us where we are today.

Why do you gaslight yourself, into gaslighting others of your "factual views"? Some of the stuff you write is so ambiguous, biased and deliberately leading - that one would think you are seeking a response.

Why do you gaslight yourself, into gaslighting others of your "factual views"? Some of the stuff you write is so ambiguous, biased and deliberately leading - that one would think you are seeking a response.
I don't really understand your point. Are we expected to hold steadfast belligerent views that remain unchanged despite new evidence? Do any here among us not have days we feel optimistic and days we feel less so? And "bias" is a synonym for "opinion," is it not? How do you have an opinion without bias?

As for me saying we might be a "champion team" well ****, that's about as whimsical an opinion as one can form in sport and liable to change several times over the course of a match.

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Lurker
  • Old Mate
  • RolledOates
  • Culhwch
  • maddo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.