OPINION Broncos are winning the 2023 NRL Premiership

I came into this thread just after watching that😄 kevvie just destroyed gould

Get ready to get your tickets!

When are NRL pre-sale and GA grand final tickets on sale?​

Tickets will go on sale on Wednesday, August 2 to club members before then becoming available to the general public on Thursday, August 3.

All NRL club members will receive an email prior to the tickets going on sale with details on how to purchase.

Fans can also sign up for an NRL Account in order to be notified when the pre-sale for grand final tickets become available at nrl.com/waitlist.

9C483749 EB27 40D1 AEA6 43D553A54A0C

Just what the doctor ordered!

Thank you Gus

If you're going to buy GF tickets, book your flights and hotel now as well because the prices will skyrocket come Grand Final time.

I wonder if Gus did that because he thinks we will go all the way and this way he can take his bit of credit for it?

I wonder if Gus did that because he thinks we will go all the way and this way he can take his bit of credit for it?
Lol he was called out by Gallen for always hedging his bets, but in this case he seemed to be pretty straight forward in riding us off.

But than he'll point to a comment from early in the year where he said any team can win it or some bs like that.

Gould:

“I don’t think the Broncos can win the comp this year. I just don’t see enough in their defence to win it. I think the Panthers have got a far better defence than they have, but the Broncos have certainly got the athleticism and the strike power. They’re a good side, their performances show that, but they’re not going to beat Penrith at finals time.”​
“Over the next couple of years, they are one of the clubs that can rise to the occasion, depending on how long Adam Reynolds can keep going. And if he can’t keep going until they win a premiership, who are they going to put in that number seven jersey? Over time, will it be Ezra Mam? Are they thinking about Reece Walsh coming up from No. 1 and (Selwyn) Cobbo to fullback? They’ve always got young kids coming through the system.”​
Walters:

“We are worried about ourselves and Phil should be doing the same with the Bulldogs. We know we have some work to do defensively, we are aware of that, we are working hard on that. But we have come a long way with our defence compared to last year. Still there is a bit to go and that will be showcased against the Roosters.”​
“There’s a lot of belief within our group both the players and coaching staff and everyone involved in the club. We haven’t played our best football yet, that’s in front of us. I am really enjoying my job, it’s part of my role here and all the coaches to get the place better. We are better, but we’re not the complete package, so we’re working really hard to get that complete package. When we do that, and it’s not far away I can assure you, we might change a few people’s minds.”​
One thing I do agree with and have said before is that I think a spine of Mam Walsh and Cobbo would do the job if needed post-Reynolds. Walsh has the potential to have a very solid kicking game and has all the tools needed to shift to a dominant 5/8 role.

Mam has demonstrated a great slight of hand passing game and though it hasn’t been on display lately I think he can become a halfback in the mould of Hughes.

Selwyn is only a bit of refined ball playing and extra fitness away from being a top tier fullback.

The only concern I have is Walsh losing a step of pace from the defensive load of being in the front line. But there is no reason why Cobbo can’t defend at 5/8 and attack from fullback until Walsh is ready for the permanent change.

I also just have a sneaky feeling that Cobbo playing in the middle recently and then shifting Walsh, although it was obviously adjusting to needs at the time, is a hint of things to come 2 or 3 years down the line.

9. Mozer
7. Mam
6. Walsh
1. Cobbo

One thing I do agree with and have said before is that I think a spine of Mam Walsh and Cobbo would do the job if needed post-Reynolds. Walsh has the potential to have a very solid kicking game and has all the tools needed to shift to a dominant 5/8 role.

Mam has demonstrated a great slight of hand passing game and though it hasn’t been on display lately I think he can become a halfback in the mould of Hughes.

Selwyn is only a bit of refined ball playing and extra fitness away from being a top tier fullback.

The only concern I have is Walsh losing a step of pace from the defensive load of being in the front line. But there is no reason why Cobbo can’t defend at 5/8 and attack from fullback until Walsh is ready for the permanent change.

I also just have a sneaky feeling that Cobbo playing in the middle recently and then shifting Walsh, although it was obviously adjusting to needs at the time, is a hint of things to come 2 or 3 years down the line.

9. Mozer
7. Mam
6. Walsh
1. Cobbo
I dunno. Don't want Walsh to end up like Pongs after he moved to 6.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Mr Fourex
  • bb_gun
  • sooticus
  • Footy Fanatic
  • broncsgoat
  • johnny plath
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • mitch222
  • Broncosgirl
  • davidp
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.