OPINION Broncos are winning the 2023 NRL Premiership

Still not guaranteed to make the 8...until we smash the poultry tonight that is.

We are. Because the only way we miss out would be for certain teams to lose zero games for the rest of the regular season, and some of them play each other.

We are. Because the only way we miss out would be for certain teams to lose zero games for the rest of the regular season, and some of them play each other.

I mean...you know the meaning of the word 'guaranteed' right? As I keep saying, it IS still possible we miss the 8 unless we win one more. It IS EXTREMELY improbable but it isn't yet guaranteed.

I mean...you know the meaning of the word 'guaranteed' right? As I keep saying, it IS still possible we miss the 8 unless we win one more. It IS EXTREMELY improbable but it isn't yet guaranteed.

Yea the below is theoretically possible. But it's best not to think/talk about it.

Screenshot 20230727 120018

what's wrong with the stadium?
The Stands are flat and far from the ground, so you can't see shit.

Every time I have seen a game there I'm watching the screen the whole time.

The Stands are flat and far from the ground, so you can't see shit.

Every time I have seen a game there I'm watching the screen the whole time.
Depends where you sit. It's not great to sit too far back.

But it's still a pretty good stadium, and 80k people creates a pretty good atmosphere. The best sporting event I've ever been to in my life was at Accor (even better then an origin at Suncorp).

Depends where you sit. It's not great to sit too far back.

But it's still a pretty good stadium, and 80k people creates a pretty good atmosphere. The best sporting event I've ever been to in my life was at Accor (even better then an origin at Suncorp).
I've mostly sat in the side stands closer to the front, it's been terrible everytime, also went to an Origin where I was sat in the back corner but still on the lower tier stand and that was the worst view I have had yet, the atmosphere was good with Mexican waves and such with a full stadium but for watching the game it sucks, Compared to Commbank it's night and day, that stadium is good pretty much everywhere you sit, it's like a miniature version of Lang park, very steep stands so your close to the action even at the last row on the top tier.

Also the Leagues club is next to the stadium so you can get fuelled on cheap piss before the game(both stadiums only sell watered down beer so it's not worth drinking there), Homebush has a few pubs but they are tiny so good luck even getting in, plus the prices are not cheap either.

I've mostly sat in the side stands closer to the front, it's been terrible everytime, also went to an Origin where I was sat in the back corner but still on the lower tier stand and that was the worst view I have had yet, the atmosphere was good with Mexican waves and such with a full stadium but for watching the game it sucks, Compared to Commbank it's night and day, that stadium is good pretty much everywhere you sit, it's like a miniature version of Lang park, very steep stands so your close to the action even at the last row on the top tier.

Also the Leagues club is next to the stadium so you can get fuelled on cheap piss before the game(both stadiums only sell watered down beer so it's not worth drinking there), Homebush has a few pubs but they are tiny so good luck even getting in, plus the prices are not cheap either.
Agree that Commbank is a great stadium to watch the game at but you cant have a GF there with a capacity of 30k.

I'm with @Santa and think Accor is pretty good and its hard to have great seats for everyone in an 80k stadium.

Agree that Commbank is a great stadium to watch the game at but you cant have a GF there with a capacity of 30k.

I'm with @Santa and think Accor is pretty good and its hard to have great seats for everyone in an 80k stadium.
Obviously it's too small the only other Sydney Stadium that could host it could be SFS which is very Similar to Commbank I've heard with steep stands but with 50k capacity.

But I just think the design was too compromised for Homebush, it was designed for the Olympics so with a running track in mind and the Stands are just too flat, so your far from the action and have a bad view

I don't think it's because of the capacity that it's like that, it was a design choice, if you look at other stadiums around the world with Similar capacity it's alot different.

Is there anyone left here who doesn't think we are going all the way to the grand final now?

so for those Maths geniuses out there ... how many more wins do we need to guarantee top 4

so for those Maths geniuses out there ... how many more wins do we need to guarantee top 4
I think 3 will guarantee it. But we do play the 3 teams who are the best chance to take a top 4 spot (Storm, Raiders and Cowboys), so if we beat 2 of them we should be good.

My secret table says that we are already a strong chance in all likelihood to be top four but one more win LIKELY locks it up. If I am reading my table right though, 2 makes it certain.

When I've been using the ladder predictor 16 wins looks to get you top 4, but reliant on for and against... 17 is guaranteed.

I've got our biggest competitors being cows and storm... if we beat either of them in our match ups for the run home then I've got us being top 4.

Warriors look a very good chance of getting a top 2 spot... so we need them to drop at least one game... I think the best chance is one of their away games against titans or dolphins

My secret table says that we are already a strong chance in all likelihood to be top four but one more win LIKELY locks it up. If I am reading my table right though, 2 makes it certain.
How many for a top 2 finish?

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Tmac
  • davidp
  • leish107
  • azza.79
  • broncsgoat
  • Rambstien
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Foordy
  • MrMoore
  • Allo
  • Justwin
  • Galah
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.