OPINION Broncos are winning the 2023 NRL Premiership

I think it'll be us & the Warriors in 2nd and 3rd, not sure which way around but either way we play each other. I have 4th/5th as Cows/Storm, again not sure which way around. And realistically it doesn't matter who is further back then that because they're cannon fodder. It's a 5 way race at absolute best IMO.
Man it's so trippy talking about finals footy and the Broncos again.

Big games for Penrith against the Cowboys and Storm. If they lose any of those we are a chance of snatching 1st (but then as you predict, will likely have to play the Storm or Coylwboys week 1).

Or even better, the Storm and Cowboys lose all their matches, we come 1st, and play the Knights week 1 :)

Man it's so trippy talking about finals footy and the Broncos again.

Big games for Penrith against the Cowboys and Storm. If they lose any of those we are a chance of snatching 1st (but then as you predict, will likely have to play the Storm or Coylwboys week 1).

Or even better, the Storm and Cowboys lose all their matches, we come 1st, and play the Knights week 1 :)
Don't think it works that way anymore sorry @Santa, it's 1v4, 2v3, 4v8 and 5v6 in week 1. All in the top 4 get a guaranteed second crack with the losers out of the top 4 playing the winners out of the bottom 4.

Raiders can still get 38 points....

They have to play the Storm and the Storm have to play the Panthers, so while true mathematically, law of averages says they will drop another one on the way home. And so many of the prospective top 4 play each other.

My table does not lie...usually.

Ultimately even if we don't win this year, Kevy has proven to everyone a second year straight that he has learnt from failures of the previous season. The year he took over the job he underestimated the NRL and what it took to be successful. 2022 the team seemed to learn how to win again and we had a largely successful season despite the finish. 2023 the team seem to have learned how to recover from Origin lag and are hitting their strides at the right time. Nobody had us equal 1st at this time of the season.

Things like the camp at Twin Waters before the Rabbits game, Cobbos positional switch to the middle for the Bulldogs etc. have put us in a great spot mentally for the run home and its the coaching staff that are orchestrating it! Great to see

I reckon Melbourne could beat Penrith this week, the bookies don't see it that way but they've got a bit of strike in their spine and they looked as good as anyone against Parramatta

Didnt WB have his own bbq when this was on last time?

Kevin Walters, Chris Johns, Steve Renouf, Andrew Gee, Wayne Bennett, Alfie, Trevor Gillemeister, not sure maybe Willie Carne? Mark Hohn I think or maybe Alan Cann, John Plath.
Yep, Carne, Hohn and Plath.

Couldn't pick Carne, now it's so obvious. Looking good, big Willie.

Makes me feel old, saw all these blokes the night of the GF at City Hall, and in the premiership parade soon after. Think I probably have all their autographs somewhere still...

I’d like to know what Alf is on there - it sure as hell wouldn’t be a lemon squash.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Harry Sack
  • mitch222
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bucking Beads
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Porthoz
  • Justwin
  • barker
  • Xzei
  • ForlovejAl
  • Skyblues87
  • phoenix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.