OPINION Broncos are winning the 2023 NRL Premiership

I thought that game tonight showed the difference between Penrith, Brisbane and everyone else. Second phase play is huge these days and as soon as an offload occurs, you see Penrith and Brissy, every single players runs and is in motion to present options.

You watch Cronulla and Souths, they all just stand around watching and so it is far easier to contain.

I thought that game tonight showed the difference between Penrith, Brisbane and everyone else. Second phase play is huge these days and as soon as an offload occurs, you see Penrith and Brissy, every single players runs and is in motion to present options.

You watch Cronulla and Souths, they all just stand around watching and so it is far easier to contain.

It's the next gear that sets us apart IMO. Every team we face seems to be tiring and we just kick it up a notch and challenge them to go with us. Penrith seem to do it too...and better unfortunately. For now

Can almost entirely be put down to Reece Walsh and mam imo. Walsh is such a breath of fresh air after our fullback options the last few years.

This is what Fox Sports say about the race for the minor premiership:

It appears now the minor premiership is a race in two, if it wasn’t already.

Both the Panthers and Broncos will end Round 23 with 36 points, with Penrith’s for and against far superior. That means Brisbane will have to find an extra win somewhere over the final four games.

They don't mention that we still have a bye in hand and have actually won more games than the Panthers.

IMO the minor premiership race will come to the final round. over the last few years when the Panthers have a top 4 spot sewn up, they have rested many of their stars in the final round.

how good would it be to to beat the Storm in the final round to secure the minor premiership ... then back it up a week later and beat them in a finals match

I don't have Raiders away off the bye as a certain win considering we were sluggish off the bye last time. Then we have the Melbourne at Suncorp hurdle too.

I'd love to win the minor but can't see Panthers dropping any either. Eels have the ability to up a level for Penrith so that's probably our best shot.

If we lose to Canberra (or Parra), fully expext Panthers to rest players vs the Cows too but they'd only do that if Minor is locked up and we've lost a match.

They don't mention that we still have a bye in hand and have actually won more games than the Panthers.
That's because it is irrelevant. We will have our bye, Penrith will win and we'll be even.

Penrith have to lose a game and we have to win everything to overtake them.

This is what Fox Sports say about the race for the minor premiership:

IMO the minor premiership race will come to the final round. over the last few years when the Panthers have a top 4 spot sewn up, they have rested many of their stars in the final round.

how good would it be to to beat the Storm in the final round to secure the minor premiership ... then back it up a week later and beat them in a finals match
I can see the storm resting some guys that final game if they lock up 4th spot.
I probably would rather face the Warriors then storm first week of the finals and let the storm battle it out with Penrith I think.
Playing the storm 2 weeks in a row wouldn't be ideal because we all know what they are like.

I couldn't give two shits about the minor premiership - no one remembers the minor premiers a few years down the line.
Yeah, the only advantage is the 20 bucks you win for finishing 1st over 2nd. 2nd puts you under the radar a bit more too.

I think our best result would be to finish second, that should mean Penrith (1st) will be playing most likely the Storm (4th), we'll play the Warriors (3rd) at home.

The last thing we want is to play the Storm again, even at home they are just our bogey team particularly if we lose our last game against them. The next worse would be to come 3rd and have to go all the way to NZ to play the Warriors. They will be seriously up for that game in front of their own fans.

I think if the ladder stayed as it is now, it wouldn't be so bad for us. Beat Warriors at home, and then play either Melbourne (assume they lose to Penrith) or Souths/Sharks.

Haven’t been to Accor/Stadium Australia before, what’s the best price acceptable seats to experience the Grand Final at?

Only side-by-side seats left of the expensive seats are the corners of the lower level or into the second level. Looking at taking the old man as he’s a Broncos fan as well, be pretty sick to experience a grand final win together

(Decided against going in 2015 at the last minute thank god)

Active Now

• scobie
  • Skyblues87
  • Gaz
  • broncos4life
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mr Fourex
  • the_next
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.