Wins: 8
Losses: 4
P+/-: 77

Round 12 (1998)
Ladder: 5th
Wins: 8
Losses: 4
P+/-: 156
2023 NRL is much more competitive than post SL was in 98 especially in the lower half, plus I think our draw this year has been significantly harder, I put us at minimum a top 3 team atm, soo long as we have Walsh, Reyno, Patty and Haas play most of our games going forward.

I'm still amazed we beat Penrith in game 1 with Cobbo at fullback, people might write it off as early season but Penrith played almost identical in that game to round 12, difference was Reyno our general who nailed the **** out of that game.

Penrith was the only team in the comp to actually have a proper game in their pre season, no one else had that advantage to work on and people forget that.

Looks like the Broncos are made of sterner stuff this year compared with the previous few... seems like they are probably 4-8th in terms of chances to win the premiership I would estimate... still.. it all starts by getting to the finals and then anybody's a good chance.

Parra doing us a solid by beating Souths. Technically keeping us tied for 1st. All our byes in the 2nd half of the season is really gonna help us too.

2 points covering the top 8. That's pretty incredible.

Basically anyone can make the top 4 at this rate and the difference will be for and against.

2 points covering the top 8. That's pretty incredible.

Basically anyone can make the top 4 at this rate and the difference will be for and against.
Yeah very close, Eels are 13th with the 5th best for and against

2023 NRL is much more competitive than post SL was in 98 especially in the lower half, plus I think our draw this year has been significantly harder, I put us at minimum a top 3 team atm, soo long as we have Walsh, Reyno, Patty and Haas play most of our games going forward.

I'm still amazed we beat Penrith in game 1 with Cobbo at fullback, people might write it off as early season but Penrith played almost identical in that game to round 12, difference was Reyno our general who nailed the **** out of that game.

Penrith was the only team in the comp to actually have a proper game in their pre season, no one else had that advantage to work on and people forget that.
Speaking of Penrith..has anyone else noticed how Laui uses his knees when first marker in a tackle..started last year and seems to go unnoticed by officials..as the tackled player gets up to play the ball he moves close and pushes the knee out into the ball player…clever interference if you get away with it

Speaking of Penrith..has anyone else noticed how Laui uses his knees when first marker in a tackle..started last year and seems to go unnoticed by officials..as the tackled player gets up to play the ball he moves close and pushes the knee out into the ball player…clever interference if you get away with it
He is so grubby in all facets of the game so consistently that it’s impossible to ref him without pulling up every play he’s involved in

His other trick is interfering with and trying to pull away opposition players who are trying to make a tackle.

To give some credit to Luai. He stayed at the game a good half hour after fulltime taking a photo with every single fan in the crowd that asked.
Cleary and To'o were also very generous with their time, but Luai literally stayed there until every single Penrith fan got a photo with him. He's a total wanker on the field but I had to give him some credit for his effort to interact with the fans.

Crichton's wife was sitting next to me and I was giving shit to Critta all game, that was fun.

Turuva was a total **** on the field and absolutely loves himself.

The Broncos boys rarely make an effort to interact with fans, Carrigan usually makes some effort but only half hearted.

To give some credit to Luai. He stayed at the game a good half hour after fulltime taking a photo with every single fan in the crowd that asked.
Cleary and To'o were also very generous with their time, but Luai literally stayed there until every single Penrith fan got a photo with him. He's a total wanker on the field but I had to give him some credit for his effort to interact with the fans.

Crichton's wife was sitting next to me and I was giving shit to Critta all game, that was fun.

Turuva was a total **** on the field and absolutely loves himself.

The Broncos boys rarely make an effort to interact with fans, Carrigan usually makes some effort but only half hearted.
Because he’s a fame whore who knows he’s on borrowed time if he doesn’t have Cleary next to him

also it’s an away game so of course they’ll do extras for the fans up here

To be fair to the broncos boys, it got a lot better with fan interactions more recently (I’m talking last 5 years) - they used to just walk off the field while applauding the fans. Now they at least go over and get photos and stuff

They have also just lost 2 in a row in suspect circumstances so spirits might be a little down at the moment

I know Herbie and Riki always see their little fan clubs lol

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.