OPINION Broncos are winning the 2023 NRL Premiership

The Broncos spend the entire week fronting media or talking to fans at a variety of events. They don’t have to talk to fans after they’ve just been run off their feet for 80 minutes
Okay?

The Broncos spend the entire week fronting media or talking to fans at a variety of events. They don’t have to talk to fans after they’ve just been run off their feet for 80 minutes
This is the EXACT time they need to interact with fans. Acknowledge fans who have spent their hard earned to go and cheer for them, rather than some random who happened to be in Rebel or Kia or wherever.

This is the EXACT time they need to interact with fans. Acknowledge fans who have spent their hard earned to go and cheer for them, rather than some random who happened to be in Rebel or Kia or wherever.
Go home. It's like 10pm and they've just played a tiring sport for 80 minutes. You pay your hard earned money to watch a game of footy. Doesn't say a single word about meeting the players on your ticket purchase or game day activity email.

Go home. It's like 10pm and they've just played a tiring sport for 80 minutes. You pay your hard earned money to watch a game of footy. Doesn't say a single word about meeting the players on your ticket purchase or game day activity email.

I disagree. Someone who gets to see one of the players up close, or even better, a fist bump or a photo with them, is a fan for life. Especially in their dirty jersey after a hard fought game. It makes it real and personal.

I disagree. Someone who gets to see one of the players up close, or even better, a fist bump or a photo with them, is a fan for life. Especially in their dirty jersey after a hard fought game. It makes it real and personal.
That could be the case but based on how many young Panthers and Storm fans we have in Brisbane currently, the main thing that gets fans is winning games.

Come on bro, don’t be a Scrooge. Look at this and tell me the player, fan, families don’t get a buzz out of doing things like this. I don’t think anyone expects player interaction but if it happens, kids will remember it for a long time.

That could be the case but based on how many young Panthers and Storm fans we have in Brisbane currently, the main thing that gets fans is winning games.

"Gets" fans is the point, it doesn't keep them fans if they start losing.

What if you're a kid from a Broncos household, you're there with your family, the opposition win, and then after the game you're all down there behind the fence trying to get a glimpse of the players. But the Broncos just walk from the field giving a gentle clap. Then the opposition team do a full round of the stadium, shaking hands, taking selfies, thanking them for coming. All of a sudden the Broncos are poor losers and the opposition team are gracious, appreciative winners. Who are they going to go home admiring?

While I agree that it's nice that some fans might get the opportunity to shake the hand of a player or whatever, I don't think the players should be chastised for not participating in the "show" the Panthers players put on after a game to benefit their social media presence. If the players want to give us a clap and go to the sheds they should face no consequences or criticism. They visit schools, shops, have open training sessions. You can go have a coffee at their leagues club cafe and meet them. You can send your jersey in to get signed by the entire team. I'm not going to judge them for going to the sheds at 10pm after a game, especially a loss.

Should let the crowd/kids run onto the field after the game like we used to.........

While I agree that it's nice that some fans might get the opportunity to shake the hand of a player or whatever, I don't think the players should be chastised for not participating in the "show" the Panthers players put on after a game to benefit their social media presence. If the players want to give us a clap and go to the sheds they should face no consequences or criticism. They visit schools, shops, have open training sessions. You can go have a coffee at their leagues club cafe and meet them. You can send your jersey in to get signed by the entire team. I'm not going to judge them for going to the sheds at 10pm after a game, especially a loss.
What about out-of-town fans who can only really travel to the city for a game? Don't forget there's as many Broncos fans in the 'bush' as there is in the city. My kids prefer to support the Dolphins because of the work they've done up here with the local clubs, rather than the Broncos. Or the Cowboys, who play here occasionally (though that's the Dogs 'home game', the Dogs aren't a Qld team, Cows are). And the Storm, since we have the Kaufusi's around. It's gross!!

They don't need to take an hour. But a round of the ground wouldn't go astray. I'd argue it's part of the top flight of footy. No fans, no fame.

There have been plenty of times I've been at games and players have stayed behind for ages greeting fans, getting photos with them and signing jerseys etc. I've been one of the people waiting for ages to get a photo with players.

Sometimes after a loss they will go back into the sheds early, but it doesn't happen every time.

Another game, another win. 2 more and top 8 confirmed (with the byes)?

Sharks felt like they were missing something...
Images 26

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Big Del
  • Midean
  • HarryAllan7
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • kiwi2
  • Harry Sack
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Adammacca
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.