Broncos Best Ever NYC Team

Stagg was playing NRL long before the NYC came about hard to see how it could be confused. And even if he did, hardly a crisis he was a very good versatile player. I sure as hell would love having a young Stagg alongside Milford making his defensive job a hell of a lot easier.

Last edited:
Yes even played centre in the 2006 Grand Final.

We won a premiership with Staff at center didnt we?

Yeah he was a good player without a doubt. But I wouldn't have him anywhere near the "best ever" lists. Especially for center.

Updated team -

1. Kodi Nikorima
2. Corey Oates
3. Dane Gagai
4. Jordan Kahu
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Corey Norman
7. Ben Hunt
8. Joe Ofahengaue
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Jarrod Wallace
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire

14. TBA
15. TBA
16. TBA
17. TBA

Last edited:
Matt Gillett? Didn't he only play a handful of games? IF so, did we really not have anyone better?

I feel as though this list is just for the ones that have made nrl. Wasn't jnik a gun for the under 20s?

It says in the article something about what they’ve gone on to do

https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2018/01/03/broncos-best-ever-nyc-team---lock/

He started his career at the prop but has turned himself into one of the best locks in the game.

Josh McGuire demonstrated how successful his move from the front to the back of the scrum was by representing his national team in the position this year.

That is also why he has been named at lock in the Broncos’ best team of 10 years in the National Youth Competition.

It has been a difficult team to select with the Broncos having some great players that have moved through this competition since its inception in 2008.

But for argument’s sake – and with the competition going back to State League level in 2018 - the team was chosen based on what the player did not only as an NYC competitor, but also what they have done in the NRL and in senior representative football.

McGuire was tearing it up in another sport when the Broncos first spotted him in his mid-teens.

The future NRL hard man was making his name as a fierce body checker in a Brisbane roller hockey league, where he would routinely take on men.

He would form a front row partnership in the first year of the NYC in 2008 with Andrew McCullough and Mitchell Dodds.

The trio would play in the NYC Grand Final that year, a feat they would repeat at NRL level in 2015.

McGuire would make his NRL debut the next year at age 19.

He would play for his mother’s country of heritage, Samoa, and also represented the Australia Prime Minister’s XIII before finally getting his big representative break in 2015.

That was for Queensland in the State of Origin series when he played his first of eight matches in the Maroon.

He debuted for the Kangaroos in 2016, and this year established himself as the country’s best lock when he started at number 13 for the Kangaroos in their victorious World Cup Final.

645w-team.jpg

Agree with everything except for Jaydn Su'A over Tariq Sims.

I will say that this side would get destroyed in the forwards.

Unread

Active Now

• lynx000
  • I bleed Maroon
  • pennywisealfie
  • UP DA BRIZZY BRONX
  • Scorchie
  • barker
  • Culhwch
  • Xzei
  • Manofoneway
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrMoore
  • Fitzy
  • broncoscope
  • BroncoFan94
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.