NEWS Broncos captain Darius Boyd could lose role as Paul White endorses Matt Lodge

You can write off 2020 if his shifted back to fullback or remains at 5/8th.

Where else will they put him? They don’t have the balls or the permission to drop him. You can’t put him at centres without moving our best centres. He’s way too slow and lacks mobility for the wing. We have that already in Oates but at least he’ll make metres.

They definitely will see him as a full back or 5/8th.

Where else will they put him? They don’t have the balls or the permission to drop him. You can’t put him at centres without moving our best centres. He’s way too slow and lacks mobility for the wing. We have that already in Oates but at least he’ll make metres.

Both of our best centres should be given a shot at fullback throughout the year. Boyd can cover their spots if Isaako turns back into kicking Maranta and Bird or Staggs need to be moved back

Last edited:
'In the fullness of time' means White considers Lodge's current status as still too volatile to be made captain. It may not be Boyd that runs out as captain, but it certainly won't be Lodgey. The fact he has given Boyd a ringing endorsement in so far as loyalty goes though means he'll still be in the team.

This last fact leaves me wondering when we'll we see theBroncos getting fair dinkum - unfortunately it won't be this coming season.

It seems White extended his stay by a year to ensure Boyd remained a protected species and quite frankly that does not auger well for our 2020 hopes.

Last edited:
Why the **** does White have so much loyalty to Boyd? This is a shitshow.

Last edited:

Just because a pack of incompetents have issued some duds bloated contracts doesn't force us to play them in the top team.
If 2020 is going to be much the same as 19 then why not promote / blood / develop our up and comers from ISC and replace them with the duds.
I would rather see the duds (or not see them) trotting out at Pigabeen or Bashup then sucking the life and enthusiasm out of supporters at Lang Park.
That being the case a lot better chance of them fucking off then letting them play the same ole same ole.

Last edited:
Just remember that Alex Glenn hasn’t officially been re-signed yet so White can’t really make any comment like “Alex is a candidate for leadership” because there is still a chance negotiations could fall through. Don’t take this article as discounting the fact that Glenn has every chance of being our captain next year.

I might be missing something here, but i can't see anywhere there in the article that states Boyd will definitely be in the 17 in 2020 ?

You didn’t miss anything it was a nothing article and just a waste of time.
White is clueless and should have just shut up.
If this is the sort of ‘can’t make a decision’ nonsense that

You didn’t miss anything it was a nothing article and just a waste of time.
White is clueless and should have just shut up.
If this is the sort of ‘can’t make a decision’ nonsense that goes on for the whole off season the cows will flog us in round 1.

It’s getting pretty clear now that seibold doesn’t have too much control over what happens in this side. Wouldn’t be the worst thing if white goes now, I don’t care about how many millions we are making off field, I think any half decent CEO would pull in major sponsors in a one town team.
I have no doubt that seibold wasn’t able to drop the likes of Boyd and Macca during the 2019 season, imo white and the board had too much control over the on field side. Let’s not forget that seibold dropped Farah last year in favour of cook. that decision turned out alright for souffs.
I think if seibold had complete control, then Darius would not have been in the side mid-late in 2019, same as Macca.

It’s getting pretty clear now that seibold doesn’t have too much control over what happens in this side. Wouldn’t be the worst thing if white goes now, I don’t care about how many millions we are making off field, I think any half decent CEO would pull in major sponsors in a one town team.
I have no doubt that seibold wasn’t able to drop the likes of Boyd and Macca during the 2019 season, imo white and the board had too much control over the on field side. Let’s not forget that seibold dropped Farah last year in favour of cook. that decision turned out alright for souffs.
I think if seibold had complete control, then Darius would not have been in the side mid-late in 2019, same as Macca.

Even if that is the case, doesn’t scream out in favour of Siebold. He’s the head coach, he should drop players if they aren’t performing regardless of whether that ticks the board off or not. Otherwise, he’ll be the one sacked, not them.

'In the fullness of time' means White considers Lodge's current status as still too volatile to be made captain. It may not be Boyd that runs out as captain, but it certainly won't be Lodgey. The fact he has given Boyd a ringing endorsement in so far as loyalty goes though means he'll still be in the team.

This last fact leaves me wondering when we'll we see theBroncos getting fair dinkum - unfortunately it won't be this coming season.

It seems White extended his stay by a year to ensure Boyd remained a protected species and quite frankly that does not auger well for our 2020 hopes.

If Boyd runs out in round 1 it not only dooms 2020 but puts 2021 on life support as well if his 15 game clause is real.

Even if that is the case, doesn’t scream out in favour of Siebold. He’s the head coach, he should drop players if they aren’t performing regardless of whether that ticks the board off or not. Otherwise, he’ll be the one sacked, not them.
Too true @Sproj I just wonder when this penny will drop for Siebs. When it does - watch-out anyone who is considered overweight or at least not pulling their weight.

It is at this crucial junction where winning teams are born from a losing mentality. It is at this point where Siebs axiom of 'burn the boats' really kicks in as he has then got to the point where he either kicks ass and inspires a group to achieve, or he loses the bulk of them as they're just too lazy and beyond coaching.

So far, at least for me, his coaching has not shown a great deal of steely-eyed nerve in fact I'd go as far as to say that he has come across as a mild-mannered, stat-sprouting excuse merchant.

It may be early days, but I've held my tongue since Bankwest and I have to say there has been no indication at all that any medicine has been administered let alone taken.

When empty rhetoric is all this (once) great club can offer there is something really crook in Tallarook.

Too true @Sproj I just wonder when this penny will drop for Siebs. When it does - watch-out anyone who is considered overweight or at least not pulling their weight.

It is at this crucial junction where winning teams are born from a losing mentality. It is at this point where Siebs axiom of 'burn the boats' really kicks in as he has then got to the point where he either kicks ass and inspires a group to achieve, or he loses the bulk of them as they're just too lazy and beyond coaching.

So far, at least for me, his coaching has not shown a great deal of steely-eyed nerve in fact I'd go as far as to say that he has come across as a mild-mannered, stat-sprouting excuse merchant.

It may be early days, but I've held my tongue since Bankwest and I have to say there has been no indication at all that any medicine has been administered let alone taken.

When empty rhetoric is all this (once) great club can offer there is something really crook in Tallarook.

Fairly spot on, we will all just have to wait and see what the fallout is, if any.

Why the **** does White have so much loyalty to Boyd? This is a shitshow.
Probably because he kept the team together as a team during the Bennet saga. He could have easily let things fall apart but didn't.
Don't get me wrong I'm not advocating his continuance as captain and I still think he will have to fight hard for a place next season (although I'm far from impressed on what some of his team mates in the centres, wing or fullback have dished up as well, yet rarely get as much vitriol).
In the end though, it will be siebold's team and the captain will be also be his choice. He should either have the guts to pick his team regardless of others opinions or get out.
I respect Anthony griffin when he walked and I would expect siebold to accept no less.
You don't coach by committee and you live or die by results.
There's no "but it wasn't my choice" that can save you because if it wasn't, you were never worthy of the head coaching position to begin with.

Wally Lewis - sacked by Bennett with no public statements by the board or management.
Not long after Brisbane won two premierships.
Now, the Broncos are no different than any Sydney club - with a management butting into the coaches' realm, commenting about captains and team dynamics.
Just butt out, let the coach do his job, and you do yours.

I might be missing something here, but i can't see anywhere there in the article that states Boyd will definitely be in the 17 in 2020 ?

There was somewhere in the article about white and Boyd being tight like father and son.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • cento
  • Redux
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Justwin
  • Astro
  • BroncosAlways
  • Browny
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • Mustafur
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Allo
  • Brocko
  • Santa
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.