Broncos cleared

mick! said:
badav said:
[quote="mick!":1n7fj5p6]
They did nothing wrong, therefore they have nothing to apologise to her for. Pretty clear.

Lets say i shot someone, but the police never got enough evidence to proscute me.

That means i never did anything wrong or illegal does it?

Legally, that's right.

Look, I'm not saying they're angels or that they didn't do anything wrong. But it'd be like when Chopper was interviewed by Andrew Denton - Denton asked him what killing a certain bloke was like, but Read was acquitted of murder. He quite rightly said "I told a Supreme Court jury I didn't do it. Anything to the contrary now, and it would be perjury. I'd get 15 years."

They cannot apologise for something they have just stated to police and the media didn't happen. If they did, they could very well be charged with a number of dishonesty offences for lying to police. It's simple.[/quote:1n7fj5p6]

First of all you've quoted yourself saying they did nothing wrong, then went on to contradict that.

Second, find me one quote from hunt, boyd or thaiday where they have ever said to the media and police that this didnt happen. You wont find one because they never said anything like that. Do you think the club would force them to apoligise, find that they had breached the code of conduct, and fine them $20,000 of none of this ever happened??

Time to wake up!

badav said:
mick! said:
badav said:
[quote="mick!":3ns485h3]
They did nothing wrong, therefore they have nothing to apologise to her for. Pretty clear.

Lets say i shot someone, but the police never got enough evidence to proscute me.

Legally, that's right.

Look, I'm not saying they're angels or that they didn't do anything wrong. But it'd be like when Chopper was interviewed by Andrew Denton - Denton asked him what killing a certain bloke was like, but Read was acquitted of murder. He quite rightly said "I told a Supreme Court jury I didn't do it. Anything to the contrary now, and it would be perjury. I'd get 15 years."

They cannot apologise for something they have just stated to police and the media didn't happen. If they did, they could very well be charged with a number of dishonesty offences for lying to police. It's simple.

First of all you've quoted yourself saying they did nothing wrong, then went on to contradict that.

Second, find me one quote from hunt, boyd or thaiday where they have ever said to the media and police that this didnt happen. You wont find one because they never said anything like that. Do you think the club would force them to apoligise, find that they had breached the code of conduct, and fine them $20,000 of none of this ever happened??

Time to wake up![/quote:3ns485h3]

Obviously something happened. They've been in the news for it.
But they were cleared of sexual assault. To apologise to the girl for that assault would be an admission of guilt and a confession, and they'd be giving evidence against themselves.

dukey said:
badav said:
mick! said:
badav said:
[quote="mick!":8b1lq55s]

Legally, that's right.

They cannot apologise for something they have just stated to police and the media didn't happen. If they did, they could very well be charged with a number of dishonesty offences for lying to police. It's simple.

Time to wake up!

But they were cleared of sexual assault. To apologise to the girl for that assault would be an admission of guilt and a confession, and they'd be giving evidence against themselves.[/quote:8b1lq55s]

Exactly they apologised for getting themselves in a bad situation not assaulting the girl

[quote="dukey
But they were cleared of sexual assault. To apologise to the girl for that assault would be an admission of guilt and a confession, and they'd be giving evidence against themselves.[/quote]

In fact they weren't cleared. They were not charged due to insufficient evidence to corroborate the alleged victim's accusations. In other words a conviction would have been unlikely. Therefore either they were innocent or just plain lucky.

briareos said:
I'm glad this rubbish is over. Who cares what four people got up to in a dunny? If it was three plumbers in that loo then it never would have gone this far.

That is too much crack for any public convenience.

badav said:
mick! said:
badav said:
[quote="mick!":19fdkss8]

Legally, that's right.

Time to wake up![/quote:19fdkss8]

You seem a little slow. So, to spell it out:

1. Legally, nothing happened. An apology to the girl after they have spent weeks telling POLICE in official investigations that it was legal and consentual? Stupidity. In the eyes of the law, there is not enough evidence to say they did something illegal. Simple.

2. They never said it didn't happen. They said it was consentual. Evidence, including an alleged VIDEO of the event, couldn't go close to proving that it wasn't consentual.

3. As above, the boys never denied that it happened. Staying out late and getting involved in consenting group sex is a-okay in the eyes of the law, but did breach the club's code of conduct.

4. The code of conduct is not a legally binding document that can result in gaol time if it is breached. It is between the club and its employees to ensure that the club is portrayed in a professional manner at all times.

5. Group sex and late night drinking, while legal, constitutes a breach of the said code of conduct, but no official laws of the State of Queensland.

6. For breaching the said code of conduct, the players were fined and issued an apology to the club, fans and sponsors for bringing bad headlines to the club, the game, their families and sponsors.

7. The fine was put in place not because the players are women-bashers or rapists, but for the above damage the headlines brought to the said club, sponsors, fans and game.

Wake up? Can we follow yet?

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.